• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I have a problem... I need to talk to someone.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    When you have a problem, who do you usually turn to? Your friends, or your family? Or both?

Most of the time, I go to my friends who I consider to be family, so I guess in a way it's both and in a way it's not, since they're not biologically my relatives. I find them more relatable, more understandable, and more responsive to problems I confront them with. All and all, they're much more beneficial to me whenever I'm feeling down, which sounds poorly worded. I even go to people who I don't consider to be especially close with sometimes.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Depends on whether I need help. If something is making me sad then I'll go to either Scott, or my female friends online. If I need help to buy something, or a larger issue, then family and friends.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    I go to my friends, my E-family, and my lover all depending on who's available and the issue at hand. Obviously if I'm fighting with a particular category I'm not going to go speak to that one about my problems.

beca

◔_____◔
    Years
    Depends on the problem. My parents are really supportive and are always around if I need someone to confide in, but I chat to my friends about a lot of things too =]
    ...then there are the therapists xD

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I usually deal with matters myself since I don't like to drag people into things.
    If I do turn to someone though, I turn to my friends because I believe they can help me more.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I try to deal with things myself, since I don't like to complain and drag people into my problems. However, when I'm unable to do that, it really depends on the problem at hand. Sometimes it's better for me to go and talk to one of my close friends, and sometimes it's better for me to go and talk to a family member of mine.

Years
    well i don't really know, i don't have that many problems anymore.
    but if my friends have a problem I'm always the first person they come too because I like to help :P
    But if i did really need to talk to someone i guess it would be my friends.

KejiBebi

aishiteru
    Years
    When I have a problem, I generally only talk about it with my boyfriend and my online friends. I hardly ever share my problems with my real life friends and never share them with my family.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    I'm not a very open person so when I have problems I usually keep them to myself and try to push through it on my own. Lately though i've had some good friends who have been able to help me open more to :).

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    ...then there are the therapists xD

P.S.

I'd go to therapists too, if my parents hadn't have spent the last year or two stalling for some reason on getting me one. >=/

Bah. They also stalled finding me a new place to take Tai Kwan Do

So I'm thinking they're just shirking.

Years
    Well it depends on the problem. If it is serious, I'll tend to talk to a family member. If it isn't that serious, I'll talk to a close friend.

PuNkSter

Typhlosion is on fire!
    Years
    I usually talk to my friends first. If it is a personal problem than I keep it to myself unless I know a person who I can trust enough for them to know about it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    First option: my love.
    Second option: my best friend.

If neither of them are available to talk to, I wait. There's nobody else I feel comfortable talking about problems with really.

Years
    I tend to talk to the closest person I have available. Friend or family, it doesn't really matter to me, most of the time. I'll just want to talk it out with someone.

However, I find that when I need help the most, there's just no one to talk to, so instead I suffer it alone. It sucks. :/

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Not hardly gets to me so its hard for me to develop problems. If that does happen, I like to try to tend to the problem at hand myself as I really don't like bothering people with my own affairs and issues. Usually not the best way, but it helps for me. If its really serious then I tend to tell my friends online and IRL about it to get there input so I can put that into play. I hardly talk to my family about my problems except for my eldest brother who is 21.

Eldrei

Banned
    Years
    Whenever I have a problem I talk to a lot things, my pet dog, plants, internet dudes, my gf and my friends. When it comes to serious, private, financial problems I turn on to my family and relatives.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Mostly my boyfriend or really close friends; my family is the cause of most of my problems (sadly), so I can't go to them.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    depends on what i need to talk about. i cant really talk to my friends much since they work most of the day and also live 3 hours away.
    but alot of my problems currently have to do with my family, so i mostly talk to my aunt and my mom.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    A bit of a combination of looking inside and talking to my boyfriend. Though I feel I need to talk to someone older and wiser, there really isn't that option.

Back