• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I have AIDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    My sympathy and prayers will be with you, but I don't know how I can support you, to be honest.

I think it'd be better if you don't think about it too much. Trying to forget it seems good to me.

I hope somehow a cure to this disease comes up...

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
    Wow. It's hard to explain how I feel here. It's pretty sad that somebody with a genuine case of AIDS has to post proof to a group of a bunch of Pokemon Fans. I mean... gah.

But I'm really sorry. You have all my sympathy and support. I wish I could support you more, though, I do. It may not seem like a very helpful thing to say, but they /are/ getting closer to finding a cure.. so stay hopeful. ^^ Negativity will probably do more to you than the disease itself.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    You got it from a shared needle? Wtf. The only way that can happen is if you do drugs.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm.. I'm kind of confused why anyone would think someone would joke about something like this just due to past behavior. Seems kind of retarded and judgmental if you ask me. So seriously, what Shirayuki (You go gurl!) said. People who thought that he was lying originally just to get attention should really feel ashamed. I don't see why someone would have to prove something like this to people over the internet.

But anyway, about the attention thing. A lot of people here these days think that anything you do is just for attention, and that's something that people really need to get over. Sometimes you just need to find the right way, you need support, or you just need to get something off your chest. Sometimes the only way to do that is to talk through writing. Thus, blogs were indented. So I suppose everyone looks for attention anyway. Otherwise they wouldn't even post in threads or give their opinion on it. And so what if you do want attention, Penguin? That's nothing to be ashamed of. That's something everybody, especially people in your case, need. Attention. People who care about you.

Don't let anybody who regretted the fact that you had AIDs get you down. You don't need to sink yourself to that, to be honest.

Anyway, as you can clearly tell, I'm here to talk to if you need someone to talk to at any point in time. Since I really can't do anything else but offer you words of encouragement, I don't think I'm much use to you, though. But remember not to let anything anyone says on this forum that's negative regarding you having a disease that will last the rest of your life get to you. You've been through enough from what I could handle myself.

People really need to find something better to do, though, than to basically bash someone when they come out about something just due to past behavior. Some people really need to grow the hell up. Seriously. This just pisses me off. I can't imagine how upset you are. Why are people on a Pokémon forum so judgmental over sympathy?

Good luck, Penguin.
    Sincerely,
    Nick H.

Edit: It's really nice to see some people apologizing. I kind of just skipped reading through the posts on here to reply to you because it bothered me so much that you had to actually prove to people that you had AIDs in order to receive support.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    Yeah...I'm a douchebag.

Like I said via VM, I screwed up. I called you out on it because I was honestly convinced that you were lying, mainly just based on the idea that this thread was too similar to the "I have cancer" thread. I don't know what I was thinking at the time, or why I had believed anyone was actually desperate enough for attention to fake having aids. My fault, and I owe you a huge apology for that. Really man, I'm sorry.

That being said, maybe now I won't be so quick to jump-the-gun on topics like this. Hope you pull through =/

Sweet Visions

..is cool!
    Years
    That sucks.
    I'm not really one for posting my feelings, I don't wanna write you a big sappy paragraph, but good luck to you and your family. God bless.

Last edited:

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    If you got it from screwing around, I would have far less sympathy, but this tells me something - what a hell of a dangerous world we live in. To get AIDs from ear piercings! I knew it was possible, but it just seems so... wow.

Well, I'm not on enough to know about the whole thing with "lying about how you got it", but I guess what you should do now is make the best of what you got and not go around moping and making life miserable. Live life like you'll die tommorow, as they say.

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    I'm sorry to hear that D:

It's never fun to hear you have a disease, especially a chronic one, and even worse if it's something like HIV and AIDS. It kinda annoys me to see people joking about it, seeing as this disease definitely isn't something someone would laugh about if they found out they had it. You have my condolences though, and good luck.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Well, I'm not on enough to know about the whole thing with "lying about how you got it", but I guess what you should do now is make the best of what you got and not go around moping and making life miserable. Live life like you'll die tommorow, as they say.

With all due respect, that has to be the dumbest comment ive read in a while. This poor young guy just got put on a sustained death row, and your telling him to not go moping around. Are you kidding me? I hope you never have to get news like this in your life.

Penguin13: I'm really sorry to hear about this. But as someone else asked, is it HIV, or AIDS? Regardless I wish you the best, and hope you maintain your hope in this trying time. Maybe visit a clinical nutritionist, and some certified health practicioners. They can probably find ways to beef up your system, and get your body as healthy as possible.

You know my girlfriends grandpa got HIV when he was in his 30's. Now he is in his 60's with AIDS, and still chuggin along. The therapies are getting better and better, and so is the knowledge. Hopefully our medicine will evolve in the next couple of decades, and we will be able to cure a bunch of this B.S.

Goodluck man

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    With all due respect, that has to be the dumbest comment ive read in a while. This poor young guy just got put on a sustained death row, and your telling him to not go moping around. Are you kidding me? I hope you never have to get news like this in your life.

Well, why should Penguin go moping around? Like you said, people are making advances in medicine all the time. Penguin might be able to live as long as any other healthy person. :)

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with this, Penguin. May God or scientists come up with a cure soon.

Years
    He shouldn't mope around, but telling him to basically get over himself? Seriously? You don't get over contracting something potentially deadly. Thankfully we DO have these medical advances, so he has some hope yet. Just look at Magic Johnson. He's had HIV for about 16 years, I believe. It hasn't turned into AIDS, and he's still alive today. It requires a lot of money and treatment, though...

Dogboy2709

Banned
    Years
    Sorry to hear that.

But look on the bright side, while you might not get 100% cured of it, there IS medicine out that that will help you live longer, unlike back in those days. Also, you won't have to worry about not getting a job or being fired from a job just because you have AIDS or HIV, because you really can't give it to anybody just by shaking hands.

(If you have no clue what i'm talking about, watch the movie Philadelphia)

But it just goes to show that you shouldn't goof around like that. you never know what could happen.

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
    Well.....im sorry that you had to prove this by posting a pic....i believed you before but got to the thread too late and Chibi had already closed it...

My Uncle and many of his friends have HIV/AIDS. My Uncle himself has had AIDS and then had it go back to HIV. It is a very manageable disease nowadays..and technology is getting better everyday. Remember that even if you cannot afford the medicine or do not have insurance that HIV/AIDS patients qualify for free medications (I think there is an application process) and healthcare. I dont know too much about it but I will call my Uncle and find out as much as I can.

Do yourself a favor and DONT STRESS!! I know some of you are angry at a particular poster for saying something along the lines of that (a little bit harsher maybe) but it is VERY important. Stress helps to break down your immune system. I know it seems like it will be hard right now but you try and accept this and hit it head on. Dont hold back on treatment or anything because of embaressment. If it is that important to you, you can get anonymous treatments as well (im not sure about Hawaii though). Jst keep your head up and dont ever give up hope. Just because you have this disease doesnt mean that you cant live a normal life:D My Uncle lives a pretty good life, and hes been infected for over 10 years.

Im not a Christian man, but you will be "in my prayers". Best of luck to you and if you need someone to talk to, VM me or something:D

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
    Sorry to hear that.

But look on the bright side, while you might not get 100% cured of it, there IS medicine out that that will help you live longer, unlike back in those days. Also, you won't have to worry about not getting a job or being fired from a job just because you have AIDS or HIV, because you really can't give it to anybody just by shaking hands.

(If you have no clue what i'm talking about, watch the movie Philadelphia)

But it just goes to show that you shouldn't goof around like that. you never know what could happen.
    I did a little research, and there's an extremely slim death rate for AIDS. There are about 2,081,000 cases of AIDS in North America, and not even 1.5% have died from it... that's actually impressive. (According to a few sites, anyway, not sure how accurate it is)

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    I did a little research, and there's an extremely slim death rate for AIDS. There are about 2,081,000 cases of AIDS in North America, and not even 1.5% have died from it... that's actually impressive. (According to a few sites, anyway, not sure how accurate it is)

The problem with such statistics is that you don't die from AIDS. AIDS itself attacks the immune system, weakening it significantly for another disease to roam in and attack the victim. If AIDS develops enough, your immune system can be weak enough to allow you to die to a common cold. AIDS rarely kills, if at all. It simply opens the door for everything else, which is why it is so horrible (as well as how hard it's been to find a cure/vaccine/etc. for it).

It's not something to be laughed at. But then again, you shouldn't give up hope. While those statistics are not the best representation for this scenario, it is completely true that we've come leaps and bounds in not only slowing damage from AIDS, but also treating the other diseases that it allows to creep into a body. People can live for quite a while whilst afflicted by AIDS, especially if caught while it's still young.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    Well...you really can't do anything about it, can you? I know that you'll live a healthy life for another ten years, so enjoy them as much as possible. Make them worth it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back