• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I have AIDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Well, why should Penguin go moping around? Like you said, people are making advances in medicine all the time. Penguin might be able to live as long as any other healthy person. :)

Your absolutley right. I didn't mean to sound like he should go moping around all poor me, etc. I was just pissed at the flagrent disrespect for a genuine struggle. Ya know what I mean:)

Interestingly enough, one study showed that HIV/AIDS patients who felt optimism, love, and gratitude had about 300 times higher resistance to common infections. So after you get over the initial shock Penguin, I suggest you do some soul searching, and figure out what you want to do about this.

It will probably be tough to find that optimism for awhile; but you know everyone here has your back, and is rooting for you.

(P.S. think about how far we've come in 20-30 years with AIDS- imagine what we can do in 10 more:))

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I feel sorry. I tell my friends this that you can get AIDS by using a Piercing gun for your nose or ear. But they keep telling me, "They use alcohol wipes, but it can't fully disinfect the last thing that went through the gun Luckly I got all 13 of my piercings with needles from a piercing place and I seen them take it out of the bag

:t354:TG

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Look, I know I was a total ass in the cancer thread, but I'm trying to change. So...

You may have AIDS, but try live your life to the fullest and enjoy every minute of it. Don't let life get you down, because for all we know, a cure could be just around the corner.
    So yeah, try and at least have fun.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    I posted in your other thread, but I digress....
    I really wish the best of luck to you man, it must be harsh dealing with something like that. I hope you're got some good family and friends to help you deal with this, and living in Hawaii never hurts =). I just hope you enjoy your life the best that you can and, as you have been since your first thread, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Usually..I would post a stupid remark of some sort.

Or a quote from a certain TV show that this reminded me of.

But I know someone close to me with AIDS..It's tough stuff.

Dude, please..Just enjoy yourself to the fullest..Live your life as normal as possible..

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    Do what you must medically, but don't let it weigh down on you. Time is precious, and the more time you spend contemplating and worrying, the less time you have to act. If things don't improve, the worst thing you could do is regret that you didn't use your time wisely.

I recommend buying a Harley-Davidson. Get on the highway and drive through the desert. Only pack essentials. Don't take pictures.

GRAB. LIFE. BY. THE. BALLS.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    To the person who said you could only get HIV/AIDs from needles if you do drugs... you're seriously wrong. As long as the needle draws blood, you can get it from something as simple as a piercing or a tattoo.

To the OP, it's seriously horrible to find something like that out. I hope you can get through this and I hope that you'll live to see the cure. <3 I suck at making people feel better, so I'm not gonna try futher.

It really is a scary world we live in. </3

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Aww crap. :( Now I'm scared of needles again u foo. *cries*

I hope you get better. Remember you still have a life to live. Don't go Emo on us or I will hire Barney to go to your house and scare you butt off. You'll bleed to death but at least the virus will be gone and Barney will revive you with his purple hugs.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    You have my dearest apologies, Penguin. Things have been a bit.. edgy, for me lately, so I suppose I just jumped the conclusion and suggested that you lied about something like this, which is horrible of me to do.

Still, I don't know why you bothered lying about how you got it. No one's going to judge you for getting AIDs from a shared ear-piercing, at least I hope not, because that would just be horrible.

I wish you the best of luck fighting this disease, Penguin. I hope you can still enjoy your life to the maximum without this weighing you down.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    I guess I missed that. O.o Anyway, as much as I've probably gotten mad at you, I still would have believed you. I do hope they can find a cure for any fatal disease though, not just for AIDs. The world can do without having people get disease that don't give them much long to live. Not just for older adults but even children. It always makes me sad just seeing them get cancer and not being able to live up to their dreams. D:

I wish you luck and I hope that they find a cure soon. :<

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Thanks for all the bad reputation idiots. Seriously it's my opinion. Don't like it? Message me.
    Umm, no. If the needle draws blood, it can pass HIV, regardless of what the needle is for.
    Last time I checked hospitals use brand new, never before opened needles for patients.
    To the person who said you could only get HIV/AIDs from needles if you do drugs... you're seriously wrong. As long as the needle draws blood, you can get it from something as simple as a piercing or a tattoo.

To the OP, it's seriously horrible to find something like that out. I hope you can get through this and I hope that you'll live to see the cure. <3 I suck at making people feel better, so I'm not gonna try futher.

It really is a scary world we live in. </3
    Yeah, you should still clean the damn needle before use.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I am sorry to hear that. At first, I had doubted you and this thread because of your past actions, so excuse the tardiness of my post. I might not know how you feel right now or what you're going through; but, I just want to say that we're here for you. I'm not going to look at every post on every, previous page, but does your family know about this. Stuff like this need support, and domestic contributions is what one might need in his/her darkest hour.

Hey, don't get all down to one knees yet. You're still living and breathing, yes? There's always hope tomorrow and the day after that. You just need to find it. Yeah, it's all words, but this could all become action if you just at least try.

Isn't there some sort of drug that suppresses AIDS and HIV for a limited amount of time?

Last edited:

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Last time I checked hospitals use brand new, never before opened needles for patients.
    What does that have to do with anything? If you stick a needle in yourself, and you have HIV, and the needle gets blood on it, that needle will infect anyone else that it pricks. Doesn't matter where the needle's from, and it doesn't matter what you're using it for.

Translator

I want a blog.
    Years
    I'm sorry to hear that. D:
    Remember to stay strong and don't let it get to you.
    Enjoy your life and think positive.
    You have my support.

mvtm

Years
    You must be kidding ?? If its true, i am really deeply sorry. I suppose you tested positive on HIV, which is not as severe when AIDS develop. You should really watch out and control your HIV so it never develops to AIDS.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    What does that have to do with anything? If you stick a needle in yourself, and you have HIV, and the needle gets blood on it, that needle will infect anyone else that it pricks. Doesn't matter where the needle's from, and it doesn't matter what you're using it for.
    You do know they don't reuse needles right? Also thanks for the negative rep again.

Like I said before it's my opinion. Don't like it, then message me.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    You do know they don't reuse needles right? Also thanks for the negative rep again.

Reread the original poster's story; it wasn't a hospital using a needle that gave the original poster his infection. It was him messing around with a bunch of friends, giving each other piercings using the same needle. So yes, it can happen.

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    I'm not sure what part of the ear Penguin13 pierced, but does blood even run through your ears? If it's the inner ear, yeah. But, any other part, I thought blood didn't run through it. o.o

I believe you and all, I just wondered about that. Anyways, I'm really sorry to hear that, Penguin13. I really liked your jokes and all. Well, if you can get treatment (maybe not a cure, but a suppressor, maybe?) until St. Jude (they work especially with cancer and other "big" diseases like HIV and AIDS) or somebody finds a cure. I hope you still enjoy life and live well. May God Bless you, my friend.

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    I'm not sure what part of the ear Penguin13 pierced, but does blood even run through your ears? If it's the inner ear, yeah. But, any other part, I thought blood didn't run through it. o.o

Yeah, otherwise the skin would die.

Good luck, Penguin, I hope things are okay for you. I know there's no 'recovering' etc, but I'll be thinking of you and wishing you the best. Fingers crossed for a cure!

txteclipse

The Last
    Years

I don't give out negative reputation. And opinions are all well and good, but what you've been presenting for the last couple of pages is misleading information about a life-threatening illness. The only reason I'm still posting here instead of your message box is for the sake of clarification for people you've possibly confused.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back