• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I herd u liek virusez...

What anti-virus programs do you use?

• BitDefender

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Avast!

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Kaspersky

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • ESET Nod32

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Shield Deluxe

• Trend Micro Antivirus

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Norton Antivirus

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Panda Antivirus Pro 2011

• ZoneAlarm Anti-virus

• Microsoft Security Essentials

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • AVG

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Avira

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Other

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters

Bartender

Care for another drink, ma'am?
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    For a free software, MSE does a pretty good job as an antivirus. I used to have AVG, but I never updated it and it started slowing my computer down and always complaining about a virus that did not exist.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    My computer, obviously, came with Norton. When the free trail was over I blew up Norton rid it of my computer an got ESET Nod32, because it is a very good anti-virus with high ratings and nice features. If I ever get a virus or something at all suspicious, ESET notifies me. It updates itself everytime I log on to my Windows User account, but it never produces pop-ups, and is always is a small window on the bottom right side of my computer screen. I have never had any problem with it, so I like it. LOL I sound like an advertiser.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    I use Norton though I heard it's not the best out there and many people I know recommend me to use AVG, but my dad takes care of anti-virus stuff so yeah ^_^"

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I use Avast! To be honest, I don't think I even need it since I'm not a complete idiot who installs things without thinking.Anything Avast! ever picks up is usually just a false alarm.

Years
    Norton's actually better than AVG, but I wouldn't personally use either over the trifecta of free solutions: Avast, Avira and MSE.

Obligatory "lulz, I haz a mac so i cnt get viruesz", just to frustrate Zet. :D

One interesting thing to look at is AVs like Kasperksy, that scan USB drives - or at least prompt it. Considering the huge number of viruses that propagate through USB drives, it's a step up from real-time access scanning.

Zet

Years
    Norton's actually better than AVG, but I wouldn't personally use either over the trifecta of free solutions: Avast, Avira and MSE.

Obligatory "lulz, I haz a mac so i cnt get viruesz", just to frustrate Zet. :D

One interesting thing to look at is AVs like Kasperksy, that scan USB drives - or at least prompt it. Considering the huge number of viruses that propagate through USB drives, it's a step up from real-time access scanning.

You can get PC viruses, this press release calls the mac "the best personal computer".

https://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/08/31alert.html

Also I have to agree on the whole Norton > AVG thing.

Years
    You can get PC viruses, this press release calls the mac "the best personal computer".

https://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/08/31alert.html

Also I have to agree on the whole Norton > AVG thing.
    lol. Norton 2010 isn't actually too bad at all, it's just that we all love to hate it because of Norton's past. In my opinion, they get enough market share through OEM dumping that I refuse to support them. Besides, they've been know for their antics in the past, such as cutting off net access when your license expires.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I used to use AVG free, but it slowed my PC down to a crawl, so I changed it to MSE, and its fine. MSE is great for a free anti-virus.

Years
    ESET NOD32, but I need a renewal soon.

Anyone recommend a good one?

If money's in short supply, combining Microsoft Security Essentials with Malwarebytes works pretty well, as both are free, but NOD32 is solid still, too, I guess. And Norton 2011 is getting Norton back to respectability, but it's probably still a resource hog. I don't know about too many others, though.

Years
    ClamAV and Norton do wonders together.
    ...you're kidding, right? ClamAV couldn't detect a virus with a .troj extension, let alone anything more secretive. And I hope you have at least Norton 2010, because anything prior to that was a joke.

Sorry to cut you down like that, but it's a pretty serious matter.

Back