• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I just saw the newest opening of Pokemon DP and...

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
Years
  • I really like this opening. :) Legendaries literally EVERYWHERE, and it even shows all of Ash's Pokemon at the end! <3

I'm still wondering how Dawn would get a Togekiss though... it's rare that a character would get a Pokemon in it's fully evolved form (in fact, I know this sounds sad, but it's actually MORE likely that Dawn had got a Togepi and it just evolved ridiculously fast). I mean, if you all think about it, that's what usually ends up happening. xD

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I really like this opening. :) Legendaries literally EVERYWHERE, and it even shows all of Ash's Pokemon at the end! <3

I'm still wondering how Dawn would get a Togekiss though... it's rare that a character would get a Pokemon in it's fully evolved form (in fact, I know this sounds sad, but it's actually MORE likely that Dawn had got a Togepi and it just evolved ridiculously fast). I mean, if you all think about it, that's what usually ends up happening. xD

The problem is that the opening showed her having a Togekiss, which implies that she did actually catch it in its evolved form rather than merely raising it as a Togepi.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Ohmygod.. I didn't know it was possible to bring up 12 years worth of memories in less than two minutes. ; ;

Jirachi, Mew & Mewtwo, Lugia, Groudon.. etc etc. Wow. xD

I've never really watched a Pokemon opening and gone 'OMG AWESOME', but this one was definitely neat to see.

The song is strangely catchy, too. /btw

Edit: I'm also fairly certain that I heard it say 'mezase Pokemon master' towards the end.
    Woooww. Been awhile since that's been in a theme..

Jmath

*blank*
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2011
    The problem is that the opening showed her having a Togekiss, which implies that she did actually catch it in its evolved form rather than merely raising it as a Togepi.
    Why don't you wait until it actually happens before assuming something?

To me, Dawn having a Togekiss isn't that big a deal to me. It would be kinda cool though if she were to get that evil Togepi.

cerulean15

♫Mysterious Melody♪
    Years
  • This opening is very catchy ^_^ and I'm so happy to see all of the Johto pokemon at the ending. I just hope Ash goes against Paul in the League and kick his butt! I was so happy to see Noctowl and Staraptor, but where was Swellow?! T_T anyway I'm not so keen on the whole idea with Dawn getting a Togekiss...no its not because I'm a Misty fan xD it just seems unrealistic to me =/ Yes, it came out with Buneary, but so what? I already noticed something 8D when you pause at 0:38 (try when Latias's fin..? foot? tail? xD is like near the edge of the screen) and you can see the team and all of their Pokemon..but no Togekiss! I still want a Togekiss in there regardless though ._. but why couldn't it be in that scene?

Years

• Oh wow, just watched it. It's really cool. Love how they put the Ash and Paul thing at the end ~ And they really managed to shove in all the legendaries o.o I love the actual song and can't wait for the full version to come out ~ And Grotle and Monferno have eveolved, good. I wish Buizel would evolve to, it would be great if Ash had a full evolved team (apart from Pikachu, obviously.)

It's sang by Akiyoshi Fumie who sang Together
    epic.... theres no other way to put it

ÇyänïdëÉX

Dr.banana
    Years
  • wow so the spaz from pokemon Platinum is actually in the series? i saw him in a episode and notice he wasn't as much of a spaz as he is in the game.

Years
  • I always thought he was more like dawns rival!

Well, he's very associated with Dawn as he is her stalker, but he's a trainer, not coordinator. :)

Just because a high-ranking person has a pokemon, does not mean that pokemon species is always strong. A Togepi takes happiness to evolve, and then a stone. One does not actually need to train it much at all to get it fully evolved. It's not a wise choice, but just because "x" has it doesn't mean Dawn can't get it evolved.
    And again, this is not Misty's species! If she had one doesn't mean we don't really need another of the evolution line YEARS LATER. Hell, Dawn's Piplup is her signature pokemon yet TWO OTHER MAIN CHARACTERS have the SAME evolution line. We've seen people with Pichu and Raichu and some with Pikachu even though Pikachu is Ash's signature pokemon. Gary's had a Eevee, but so has May! Ash has a Cyndaquil, but so does Dawn!

This "Misty/Cynthia/WhoEver had one so Dawn shouldn't" logic is BS. You just don't want her to have one. Which is perfectly fine, but trying to 'prove' this with false arguments is just annoying.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well, he's very associated with Dawn as he is her stalker, but he's a trainer, not coordinator. :)

Just because a high-ranking person has a pokemon, does not mean that pokemon species is always strong. A Togepi takes happiness to evolve, and then a stone. One does not actually need to train it much at all to get it fully evolved. It's not a wise choice, but just because "x" has it doesn't mean Dawn can't get it evolved.
    And again, this is not Misty's species! If she had one doesn't mean we don't really need another of the evolution line YEARS LATER. Hell, Dawn's Piplup is her signature pokemon yet TWO OTHER MAIN CHARACTERS have the SAME evolution line. We've seen people with Pichu and Raichu and some with Pikachu even though Pikachu is Ash's signature pokemon. Gary's had a Eevee, but so has May! Ash has a Cyndaquil, but so does Dawn!

This "Misty/Cynthia/WhoEver had one so Dawn shouldn't" logic is BS. You just don't want her to have one. Which is perfectly fine, but trying to 'prove' this with false arguments is just annoying.

If they wanted to ensure that Togekiss can go to whoever they wish, why don't they actually give Togekiss to regular trainers (IE, non-elite 4 members and non-Battle Frontier/Battle Zone members)? It's not the fact that a named trainer has this pokemon, so the others shouldn't. It's that she has gotten a Pokemon that she shouldn't be able to acquire yet due to it being far beyond her level.

To put it simply, imagine if Ash manages to capture a Dragonite during the Indigo season. Do you HONESTLY think it's realistic that he would do that, especially considering the experience state he was at at the time? The Togekiss issue is a very similar issue. THAT'S what we (or at least I) are complaining about. Not merely the fact that it cheated us out of a Misty appearance or anything like that (although it is part of it.)

Years
  • If they wanted to ensure that Togekiss can go to whoever they wish, why don't they actually give Togekiss to regular trainers (IE, non-elite 4 members and non-Battle Frontier/Battle Zone members)? It's not the fact that a named trainer has this pokemon, so the others shouldn't. It's that she has gotten a Pokemon that she shouldn't be able to acquire yet due to it being far beyond her level.

To put it simply, imagine if Ash manages to capture a Dragonite during the Indigo season. Do you HONESTLY think it's realistic that he would do that, especially considering the experience state he was at at the time? The Togekiss issue is a very similar issue. THAT'S what we (or at least I) are complaining about. Not merely the fact that it cheated us out of a Misty appearance or anything like that (although it is part of it.)

Who said that a Togekiss is a high leveled pokemon? Dragonite is because it is somewhat rare and takes a LOT of training to get it to that stage. Togekiss takes happiness and a stone, what's so beyond Dawn's level about that? Misty is irrelevant. She does not own this particular pokemon or it's species.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Haha, what's so disturbing about it? (might want to learn to spell before commenting on things like these.)
    I know how to spell thanks :( I just like shortening words like this: Lyk, thx etc... some call it slang....

Whats all this talk about togekiss being somewhat like a dragonite (power) It cannot live upto a dragonite... you like misty so much... she could of easily gotten a togkiss then (Dont tell me because shes a gym leader because the only reason she is is because her sisters didnt want the job so they dropped it on her =P)... Also... Dawn is a COORDINATOR not a BF Brain or an elite 4 member... Ash had strong pokemon when he started out... remember that charizard (HE GOT IT IN THE FIRST SEASON.... THATS FAST...)? Togekiss is the perfect pokemon for an coordinator and shes not exsacly an amature... she had 4 ribbons so far and her mother probly taught her all she knows.... if youve seen the lastest dub episode then you would maybe notice that little kid near the end with a tyranitar... thats a power pokemon for a squirt like that... and ive already said... even if misty has one... dosent mean dawn cant have one... also THERE IS PLENTY OF TIME FOR DAWN TO GET A TOGEPI AND TURN IT INTO A TOGEKISS, we are talking about... atleast 40-50 more episodes of DP before it ends....

Ok... looking at the opening... they even showed the people who are going to be in the leauge and the pokemon ash will use... so we are talking about a long time to go till they get to the leauge... 30 episodes (more then enough time to get a togepi)? They showed infernape and torterra, so what does this mean? Ash is gonna give away his grotle and monferno and capture infernape and torterra? Or maybe theyve evolved already?!?! (no they havent -.-") They've shown torterra and infernape (who are right now a grotle and monferno) so... they've shown togekiss (who could be caught as a togetic or togepi)

Another thing about togekiss being in the champions team and BFs team. Any pokemon can be in anyones team... One frontier brain has a seviper... jessie has a seviper... lance has a charizard... ash has a charizard.... dawn has a mamoswine... a high ranking trainer could catch a mamoswine.... Anyone can catch anything... I not afrid to say im rubbish at battling on the games.... yet ive caught countless ledgenderies....

PLEASE DONT TORMENT ME ON MY SPELLING.... nobodys perfect...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Who said that a Togekiss is a high leveled pokemon? Dragonite is because it is somewhat rare and takes a LOT of training to get it to that stage. Togekiss takes happiness and a stone, what's so beyond Dawn's level about that? Misty is irrelevant. She does not own this particular pokemon or it's species.

Actually, Togekiss IS Rare (arguably even rarer than a Dragonite, if I must mention, if its pokedex entry means anything.), and while it may not have been made for battle, the mere fact that the programmers/producers CHOSE to place it in the hands of a League Champion (albeit in Platinum) AND a BF leader (Palmer) would actually imply that its for elite trainers and not for beginners (which, until she actually gets through her first Grand Festival, not even taking into account whether she wins or not, she is still very much a rookie.). I mean, they could have EASILY placed Togekiss in the hands of a youngster on one of the earlier routes, or even one of the Victory Road trainers, but they didn't. The same goes for the Anime-related stuff, as well. Misty, while definitely involved in it, is a very MINOR factor in my overall thoughts on the subject. Heck, I'd even be happy if Brock got the darn thing, since at least, other than his being more experienced of the three in terms of battle, he can also use it for his goal for being the worlds best breeder.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • WRYYYY SO SPOILER?!

- Song = instant fave.
    - Ah, Ho-oh reference! Looks like we'll be seeing it again after the end of Sinnoh.
    - ...Infernape?! *cue fanboy squeals*
    - Hm, a Togekiss! So Dawn's having it.
    - Urara/Ursula! Thank goodness she's a rival! When I heard her saying she had a few ribbons I was hoping she'd be going for the Grand Festival. And now there she is! :)
    - Apparently Musashi/Jessie is getting her five ribbons, alright.
    - Why, for the love of Layton and his puzzles, is Lugia, Kyogre and Groundon fighting each other?
    - That Mewtwo + Mew + Rayquaza BG looks familiar.
    - Okay, so Satoshi and co. are actually singing the song in one point.
    - Satoshi no Dodaitose. *cue fanboy squeals*
    - Nando? Kohei? Jun standing with Shinji?! 8D *squeals*
    - I spy a lot of old Pokemon here. <3 <3

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
    Years
  • Actually, Togekiss IS Rare (arguably even rarer than a Dragonite, if I must mention, if its pokedex entry means anything.), and while it may not have been made for battle, the mere fact that the programmers/producers CHOSE to place it in the hands of a League Champion (albeit in Platinum) AND a BF leader (Palmer) would actually imply that its for elite trainers and not for beginners (which, until she actually gets through her first Grand Festival, not even taking into account whether she wins or not, she is still very much a rookie.). I mean, they could have EASILY placed Togekiss in the hands of a youngster on one of the earlier routes, or even one of the Victory Road trainers, but they didn't. The same goes for the Anime-related stuff, as well. Misty, while definitely involved in it, is a very MINOR factor in my overall thoughts on the subject. Heck, I'd even be happy if Brock got the darn thing, since at least, other than his being more experienced of the three in terms of battle, he can also use it for his goal for being the worlds best breeder.
    I feel so sorry for you, but your comments and replies ain't gonna change anything. Dawn will still end up with Togekiss and no matter how big Misty-fan you are, nothing will change. Misty filled her part in the series and left. That's her end, of course we may see her as I expect her appearance in DP saga.

As for the Togekiss thing, so Dawn can't get a Togepi and Misty can? So if they are SO RARE like you say, how come Misty ended up with it? Oh yeah right, it fell from the sky, who says the same thing won't happen to Dawn? Unless you consider Misty as a such an elite trainer that only she deserves one xD
    That only proves my point that the only reason you don't accept her Togekiss is because you like Misty more. So stop arguing and accept the fact.

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    As for the Togekiss thing, so Dawn can't get a Togepi and Misty can? So if they are SO RARE like you say, how come Misty ended up with it?
    Bacause she had a luck. And two lucks for two main characters, with the same RARE pokemon is simply impossible.

who says the same thing won't happen to Dawn?
    I will not say that she doesn't deserve on this pokemon, but why exactly that one? Why can't she get other cute pokemon. Two rare Togepis for main characters is too much.

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
    Years
  • Bacause she had a luck. And two lucks for two main characters, with the same RARE pokemon is simply impossible.

I will not say that she doesn't deserve on this pokemon, but why exactly that one? Why can't she get other cute pokemon. Two rare Togepis for main characters is too much.
    Well maybe yes and it was a long time ago, and if it outcomes as I suspect and the evil Togepi does return at least we will see some action with its twisted personality.

Misty's Togepi did practically nothing and was just held by her and would sometimes use Metronome to wipe out the bad guys, but that0s all it did. If Dawn gets a Togepi it will be the one which will actually battle (knows Flamthrower btw) and will have an actual personality. And while we're talking about rare Pokemion, didn't May have Bulbasaur and Squirtle (RARE Pokemon) which also bwt Ash had. And Dawn also got a Cyndaquil (RARE Pokemon) which Ash also had...?

You see, starter are rare Pokemon too and yet, writers gave the same one Ash had to May and Dawn.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I feel so sorry for you, but your comments and replies ain't gonna change anything. Dawn will still end up with Togekiss and no matter how big Misty-fan you are, nothing will change. Misty filled her part in the series and left. That's her end, of course we may see her as I expect her appearance in DP saga.

As for the Togekiss thing, so Dawn can't get a Togepi and Misty can? So if they are SO RARE like you say, how come Misty ended up with it? Oh yeah right, it fell from the sky, who says the same thing won't happen to Dawn? Unless you consider Misty as a such an elite trainer that only she deserves one xD
    That only proves my point that the only reason you don't accept her Togekiss is because you like Misty more. So stop arguing and accept the fact.

No, no, you're not getting it. Look, even IF Misty never got Togepi in her life, if Dawn still got it under these exact situations, I still would not have liked the situation. Maybe to be even clearer, even IF Misty absolutely never existed, or IF I hated Misty far more than Dawn, if Dawn got Togekiss under these exact situations, I STILL would NOT have liked the decision, and be vehemently opposed to it. Misty has barely ANYTHING to do with it. NOW DO YOU GET IT?!

And, like Semidos said, she had LUCK on her side. I don't really care if Togepi was her pokemon or not. Besides, if Dawn got it as a Togepi, I'd be perfectly fine with it. It's more the implications of her actually CATCHING a Togekiss (as in, she encountered a fully-evolved Togekiss in the wild, and then captured it, either by battle or by the usual method) that's bugging me about the whole situation.

And, logic check, seeing how I hate Brock far more than Misty, or even May and Dawn, do you honestly think that I would have said that I would have been perfectly all right with Brock getting one if my only reason why I hated Dawn getting a Togekiss is because I hate Dawn and love Misty? If that was truly the case, I would have even objected to Brock getting one.

EDIT:

As for your comment in regards to Rare Pokemon, the starters weren't actually "rare" (rarity would imply that you basically have a 10% of seeing one on your journey.). There were quite a few trainers who had one of the starter Pokemon. Besides which, we had a lot of Bulbasaurs who congrigated to the mysterious garden (basically the Bulbasaur version of Mecca), an Island of Squirtle/Wartortle as well as a Squirtle firefighting team/Wartortle fighting team, and we even had a Charizard valley, as well as quite a few Charmander on the St. Anne and Zippo, and Oak's Charmeleon, which, BTW, is a LOT more than "rare."

Now, with the Togepi line, that's a far different scenario. Not only was it stated they were rare, but the only times that even one Togepi even appeared outside of Misty's togepi was in the Mirage Kingdom arc (where it was heavily implied that the majority of the Togepi exist in another dimension, and at least one stays out), and that sadistic Togepi in "Where No Togepi has gone before.". It's, in a way, similar to the Dratini line (Which actually is stated to be rare, and one of the few chances we see a live Dratini [or as close to one as we can get] is in a certain episode that was banned due to gun use.

Last edited:

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
    Years
  • Okay, sorry for calling you a Misty-fan but your previous replies really made me think you were one. And my final answer to all your replies is: NO ONE IS PERFECT, not even writers.

Even though I'm happy she will get the Togekiss and I think it fits nicely to her team, it is your opinion and I should respect it. But if you see now how many mistakes writers did like releasing Gliscor and Ambipom, I mean...that's just not right. And maybe it will be a mistake, but I don't care about it.

Back