• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I knew you, who are you now?"

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    Well there is this one friend of mine. He really has changed for the worst. Two years ago was the best for our friendship. But he's this so-called "nice guy" (self-proclaimed, might I add.), and it is just so bad that he completely changes himself for girls that he likes. Two years ago he liked this girl that was really close friends with me, now he likes this other one and he's a completely different person. I swear it has torn us apart. =(

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Yeahhh, I used to have a real close friend, whom I lost contact with for a few years, and now I hear about things she does through another friend of mine. Into drugs, suicide, and all this. Acts all stuck up towards people, and I'd like to help, buuut something tells me it wouldn't matter.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    yeah i had a close couple friends and they made me sit at a table by myself in middle school. then one of the girls sent me these emails telling me to die and stuff. i thought they were my friends. i dont talk to them anymore.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    A lot of these threads lately all seem to have the same answer for me. "It seems like those are one of those things that happens to everyone." Sometimes, it's even ourselves who change for the worse in someone elses eyes.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Well one friend of mine used to be real quiet and geeky untill she started hanging out with these louded mouth and perverted girls. I can't say it was for the worst because its still fun picking on her xD.

UltimaSilva

Varsity Quarterback
    Years
    Yeahhh, I used to have a real close friend, whom I lost contact with for a few years, and now I hear about things she does through another friend of mine. Into drugs, suicide, and all this. Acts all stuck up towards people, and I'd like to help, buuut something tells me it wouldn't matter.

That stinks about your friend, sorry. You would not believe how fast words can change someone's life though. I was really nice to this girl once and she started to really like me and thought that I was the cure to anything in life. :/ She hates me now because I told her I didn't like her and told her to leave me alone.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Reading this thread while listening to Crown of Love is a pretty depressing mixture.

I have a friend. Let's call him Top Dog because some of you know him as that. I've known him since I was five and he's been best friends with me since. However, during the Summer holidays of last year, he was introduced to drugs. Because he's an insecure teenager seeking validation, he let his friends take advantage of him. He returned to school this year addicted to nicotine and alcohol. I tried my best to talk him out of the former because his behavior in regards to what he was going to was becoming quite irrational. I regret failing but I don't know if I could have prevented him from dabbling in them anyway so it's a pretty weird void in my heart. Anyway, this Summer I've no doubt he's got himself hooked on worse things and I'm just looking on as the bystander. It feels awful because there's a part of me that says, 'you could have stopped this,' and I feel helpless whenever I think about it. He's become much more secretive; more hyper and he has a very short fuse. It's a path I wish none of my friends walked down, but sadly a lot of them are being lead astray.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    It's probably happened to everyone in a way really.

I wouldn't say that it was serious completely, nothing like drugs that I know of but yeah, I knew him since I was what 4? But in our last year of primary school he started to hang out with the 'cool kids', a bunch of idiots who needed to sort out their life. Sure he took me along with them to play football (I enjoyed playing that actually), but I wouldn't change for him or his friends who where all the rebels really. I didn't really tell him that I thought he was changing in the (what I thought was) wrong way, I thought he was smart enough. Guess I was finally wrong about him, eh? Eventually as we moved to the next school he stayed with me for a couple of years, but I knew something way wrong, he was pretty much secretive and becoming distanced. I still never said anything. Between that time him and another friend began arguing and I saw that this friend of mine was becoming quite the aggressive kid. Then he wandered off into another land, where the bad kids where once again. I was shut out completely, maybe the every so often talk when we walk past each other on the way home. But all I know now is he's not going to get far in life, from what I know his grades are dropping and his behaviour is getting worse. All I know is that it hurt a lot at the time, doesn't really bother me now. -shrugs- Meh, ah well.

Years
    Yes, I had a friends who I used to see every day. We didn't go to the same school, so he usually came over after school. I began to make some friends in my class, and we gradually drifted apart. The next time I saw him, he was almost a completely different person. Oh well, at least we still have the memories... :'(

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Honestly a lot of the people I meet tend to take that turn. x3

It's annoying really. I'm a nice person, but I can be honest to a fault, which rubs some people the wrong way. XD

Still, it's sad too. People tend to forget about how I feel since I'm such a laid back person, and then they get upset when I finally do stand up for myself.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    This dude named Austin Russell. He was the punching bag of my old group of friends, but then towards the climax of our friendship, he suddenly grew a pair, starting acting like the douchebags we had been trying NOT to be, and just became unlikeable. It was mostly because the douchebags were the most popular, and he would hump any leg it took to become popular.

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
    Of course, especially if you don't talk to each other because you end up in different classes or the other person moves away. People are influenced by others they hang out with so they just made poor choices unfortunately. This is why I just don't have expectations in people anymore.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I had been best friends with this girl since 7th grade. We had gone to jr. high together, but we went to different high schools in 9th grade. About the beginning of 10th grade she started becoming more mean and unfriendly toward everyone. She started being rude, depressive and suicidal/cutting herself halfway through that year. She still thought we were best friends... but I had to cut her off. I had told her before, and told her again, that she was dragging me down. She was being more immature than she had been when I met her, and I couldn't take it anymore. So I just said no. We are not best friends. I can't deal with all your problems as well as mine.

Ooh, sorry, wall of text...

Paper Ghost

[torn to shreds]
    Years
    I was friends with someone back in middle school because we both had interests like drawing and anime. But then they completely turned mean and back-stabbed me later. :/

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    Yeah. :< Being someone who hates change, it was one of my most painful experiences. I spent many nights awake in bed just trying to figure out how it happened and how to show her the person she really is.

And then I had to tell myself that life doesn't always work out the way it does in fairy tales, and that's when I learned to move on. I'm still here for her if she ever needs a friend, but... it'll never be the same after what we did to each other.

Back