• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I love you.

EnteiFirecracker

maybe i'm in love
    Years
    I use that phrase to family and close friends.
    I find it nessecary. One day you're here; next you're gone.
    I'd rather leave things in a beautiful way; rather than not.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    I tend to say that to my friends and family. :3 I also say it to my boyfriend as well. XD

I don't find anything wrong with saying it to friends. Everyone loves their friends and its totally natural. XD

Sometimes when I do tell my friends I love them I'm like, "lol, I love you but not like that~ :3". XD

It is reassuring to here your loved ones say they love you, but sometimes I get a little paranoid by it because I feel somewhat embarrassed to say it for some really strange reason that I can't explain.

However, hearing it from my boyfriend is always very comforting. <3 I love hearing it from my friends as well. XD

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm very much into the whole "I love you" speech with family and friends. It's a great way of showing real true emotions directly, and iono. It's always been what my family does. "I love you" and "I love you too" is something spoken at least twice a day between people in my household. It's something that I just became accustomed to, and I love it. :'D

To note, I told my Mom I love her a good six or so times today. Happiness and gratitude made meh love her more. :33
    I wish I had it like that~

I tell people that I love them more often than I should.
    That's so common we could call you perfectly normal just from that. Though I'm one of those who have been quite careful about telling people I love them.

Believe it or not, I rarely say this for some weird reason. Except for the people who are actually truly close to me. And also for some odd reason, I haven't said it to my mother for a long time. o_o; And that long time being months, that is. But she already knows that I do, and doesn't need reminding, so yeah. Same with the rest of my family. It's sort of...rarely said but already known.
    Know what you mean, I think. In my family, it's awkward to say. Only fitting when someone's sad and we're comforting each other, or are having really serious talks.

To other people, friends and lovers, I've said it more. With lovers, it's always exciting and risky to be the first to say it. Norm is that you HAVE to really mean it, the relationship gets awfully serious when you say it...

With friends, it's a bit like family. Kinda awkward, only fits after really deep moments or conversations. But I feel it's more important to reassure friends with words that you love them, than family. Because family is always there for you. Friends, maybe aren't :/ When I say it to a friend, it's my way of saying I appreciate them really, really much and wouldn't be the same if they weren't there.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    No. It's for girls and.. I'm not mention the other 'g' word right here..

Well, at least I've only experienced girls saying it. <_<

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I probably should say it more often, but I say it to my family, but not necessarily friends. It seems weird to say it to my friends.

I also like to say it to the kids on Dawsons Creek. :]

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Of course.

You never know when you'll see them next and it's always a nice feeling to be reminded that you're close to someone. Whether it be friends, family, girlfriend or boyfriend it's important.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I never say "I love you" to my family.. It seems kinda awkward. Deep down, we know we all love each though. xP
    For friends and lovers, teehee. C:
    Kinda the same, although I do tend to sneak it in often towards my mother, who could use an uplifting comment like that.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    I dont remember when I last said it. Maybe a few years ago. I'm a pretty sadistic and narcistic person, so I don't go around throwing "I love you" around.

Back