• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I only want one thing."

Years
  • Less cut scenes LOL it was horrible

Don't get me wrong, after I saw so many complaints towards them it was clear Game Freak were caring too much for little kids who were new to the games. It annoyed me a lot as well, I mean heck I still had to go through a long cutscene before I even picked my starter!

I do hope they become less of an issue this time around. Recognise that not everyone is a "new" player.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • I want them to cater less to the little kids who play and cater more to us older fans. Add some mature content that goes over kid's heads and only us adults understand (like the adult jokes in SpongeBob).

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I want them to cater less to the little kids who play and cater more to us older fans. Add some mature content that goes over kid's heads and only us adults understand (like the adult jokes in SpongeBob).
    Unfortunately pokemon remains a kids game. Even though it is played by older players, GF will always make the game for mainly kids. And they would never put adult jokes in kids games. That will anger parents. Pokemon games will never be made directly for adults. That is the sad truth.

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
    Years
  • right. and now, with all those damned perverted 9 year olds, who knows what'll be next. fine, forgot adult content. focus on the story. i wish pokemon would eat other pokemon and stuff. i mnow its there in dex entries, but most average players never check their dexes. and pokemon savaging each others is awesome. and same pokemon killin people is doper than dope. i dont get why parents want to hide "death" from their kids. its just natural phenomena.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • Same, I don't mind the story at all. However, I get why people want less story. It's because of the cutscenes that wouldn't stop coming, especially at the start of the game. Now, this might not be annoying when you first play your game, but if you are going to replay it certain times, it can get boring, because u just want either to complete a challenge, or experience your adventure with other Pok?mon on your team etc, and story is not that important in those cases.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2018
    Same, I don't mind the story at all. However, I get why people want less story. It's because of the cutscenes that wouldn't stop coming, especially at the start of the game. Now, this might not be annoying when you first play your game, but if you are going to replay it certain times, it can get boring, because u just want either to complete a challenge, or experience your adventure with other Pok?mon on your team etc, and story is not that important in those cases.

Why not implement a skip cutscene feature then.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Imo good story doesn't need cutscenes. If you can tell a story through normal dialouge that's even more impressive.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2018
    I agree just saying that if a game does have cutscenes that a skip button goes a long way. On topic I would love if following pokemon came back. The recent trailer hasn't convinced me that it is back.

Years
  • I agree just saying that if a game does have cutscenes that a skip button goes a long way. On topic I would love if following pokemon came back. The recent trailer hasn't convinced me that it is back.

My likely guess is that Rockruff is only an NPC Pokemon you can interact with. Other scenes we've seen in the trailer did not have a Pokemon following the player, likely confirming it won't be available outside of certain NPC Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2018
    That's what I'm afraid of. If it is just npc pokemon that just follow you, its not going to feel the same as if it were my own pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2019
    A huge Battle Facility. If not the Frontier then something imitating it with several mini facilities built in as well. Obvious reasons aside, when I first arrived at the Frontier in Hoenn as a kid, I was amazed. Just like my first time at Six Flags. Wanting to try all the facilities, explore every nook and cranny, sometimes just walk around and enjoy the sights. With Sun & Moon reigniting that fire, featuring the beautiful, now up there with my favorites, Alola region, they need to take advantage of that environment and revamp the iconic park. Complete with all the Hoenn facilities.

If not then just beef up the Battle Tree with more returning trainers and modes. Reverse Battles, Rental Battles and special trainer battle music selection come to mind.

My hopes are high due to the much longer guide book, thick cloud on the new map and the relation they usually have with 3rd version/Part 2 games, but I still have nightmares about my first trip to the Battle Resort in ORAS lol. We'll see.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Mom!! Could you please unpack the stupid moving boxes??

Kidding. I really want the protagonist to actually react to things. I know we got a few reactions, but it was really jarring at the end of the game with Lusamine at Aether Paradise and all of those horrible things were coming out and the protag was just standing there like " :) This is fine. :) "

Back