• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I really want to talk to you, but I am to shy.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    sometimes i think PC has an illuminati what a weird thought haha?

pkmin3033

Sort of, I guess? In real life it's more a case of "I'm not shy, I just don't want to talk to you, so go away." really. Social interaction exhausts me and I derive no benefit from it; it's always banal and depressing.

Online, I kinda vary depending on my mood. I wouldn't say I was shy, more than I'm aware I am best sampled in extremely small doses and that most people wouldn't welcome an extended conversation with me because I have a tendency to textwall the hell out of them. Most of the time that stops me from contacting people, but there are very rare instances where I'll throw caution to the wind and take the initiative. Like, the planets aligning happens more often than that does. I don't think I'm a nuisance, I know I'm a nuisance. I don't much care, but I don't like trying to force conversation upon others. So I don't. Usually.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Naw man, you can't let anxiety get to you. Everyone is anxious at some point but you have to draw that line and take initiative sometimes.
    Most people on here will either reply back or ignore you. Been there done that, but in the end, it doesn't really matter. Why care so much about what someone thinks? If they ignore you move on, you have to break out of your shell eventually.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • Story of my life. I love talking to and meeting new people but I'm like so shy and reserved it's impossible for me to hold a conversation with anyone and I actually hate it.

Online I don't care though. It's so easy to mash letters on a keyboard then come out with words

User Anon 1848

I'm not too shy to approach someone (I mean is it really that hard to say hi? lol) but I'm not confident in my ability to hold a conversation as they usually fall apart pretty quickly when I'm involved.

Years
  • I'm in the same case as Kimi, someone who has autism and it kinda hampers my social skills. It's no surprise that I'm shy and hard to speak to on a real-life basis.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I'm also shy to begin with. Initially I'm pretty approachable, but having worries of being rejected makes me not quite sure of doing so... Even though I'll try to be approachable whenever I could.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • they're just people like yourself. ask them what interests them. do what you can to find out more and hey presto you know them.

it can seem daunting but I assure you there's nothing to fear. the most seemingly intimidating people can often be the most loyal friends you'll have.

Back