• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If someone is Gay, do they deserve to be happy?

Years
    Firstly, you should expand more than just posting a link to a youtube video. Share some of your own insight, post some background information etc. That helps promote discussion a lot more.

Secondly, homosexuality is not an issue. People create issues based on it but there's nothing wrong with being gay in and of itself.

And now onto my answer. I don't think anyone inherently deserves happiness from the get go. I think whether or not you deserve happiness is based upon your actions. What gender you're attracted to, if you're sexually inclined at all, is irrelevant to whether or not you deserve happiness. If you're gay and you treat people right, respect others and try to be a good person - you deserve happiness. If you're gay and an asshole, you don't.

Just being gay doesn't entitle you to either happiness or sadness. It just means you happen to be attracted to the same gender. It's your attitude and your actions towards others that count. Everything else is irrelevant.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    If someone is Gay, do they deserve to be happy?

Yes, they do, gay or not; any skin color, age, gender, sexual orientation and even our animal friends. Any living forms deserve happiness as long as it's doesn't involve anything like drugs, robbing and so on.

Official UN Facebook page said:
    UN General Assembly has recognized that the pursuit of happiness is a "fundamental human goal". The world "needs a new economic paradigm that recognizes the parity between the three pillars of sustainable development. Social, economic and environmental well-being are indivisible. Together they define gross global happiness" stated UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
    Happiness? Yes. Everybody deserves it. Wheather they want to accept it is up to them, but fundamentally, happiness is what strives us as a species. The thing is, there is no inherent evil, who knows what is evil anyway? Gay people may not deserve happiness, but how are we meant to know? All I can say is that we were created the same way, so we should be out to care for one another.

Kacchan

blaze it
    Years
    Everybody deserves to be happ. Age, sexuality, race, etc should play no factor in how happy or sad someone deserves to be.

Purist of Black Water

[b]The way we were...[/b]
    Years
    I think all people long to be happy,
    but few truly find it.

Happiness comes in all forms
    while, some are content enough to live their lives the way they do

others yearn for more.
    So being happy really doesn't end with just "oh I am happy I will stop now"

it's an endless journey of self discovery!

Yes and I feel everyone deserves happiness, no matter who they are.

Years
    Being gay or not doesn't mean you do or don't deserve happiness. I think anyone who lives life not trying to hurt others in any form deserves to be happy. I don't know why anyone would think someone's sexual preference should prevent them from being happy.

Years
    I'm sure that if you ask most people on here if gay people deserve happiness they would all say the same thing. So let's instead look at the issue on the video, which basically comes down to gay people being unhappy lieing about their sexual orientation to friends and family because they are too scared of getting kicked out of their homes. This is a big problem in the US where teenagers have come out to their parents, who have then kicked them onto the streets.

My ex-partner is in a situation like that where he is gay but his parents are homophobic and he's scared of coming out to them for fear of them disowning him. And sinch he still relies on them both financially and emotionally, we can't afford to take that risk. When I met him he hadn't come out to anyone, and I was the first person he came out to when he said he loved me. That was one of the hardest things for him to do but once he did, he started coming out to some of his other close friends and you could see the change in him. He was a lot happier being able to be himself instead of living a lie.

I'm lucky that my parents are very accepting, and I live in an area with a very open Gay community, but I understand how hard it is for those who aren't as fortunate, and have to live a lie and therefore cannot be truly happy.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Are you fucking kidding me?

Yes, someone who is gay deserves to be happy. Always. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise.

Back