• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] If they made a special edition Pikachu- and/or Eevee-themed Switch for this, would you buy one?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I would not because I already have a Switch, but I would look at the Pikachu one and be very upset that I couldn't have it. ;_;

Sugar-Fable

Pokemon Princess
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Since I already plan to buy a Switch later this year, yes! That would be super cute. If I already had a Switch? Probably not.

Sirfetch’d

Maybe instead they can sell some controller skins or something?

I'd probably not buy one myself as well though. I don't really have a need for a second switch regardless of how cute/collectible it would be.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I already have a Switch, so no. If I didn't have a Switch, my gut reaction is still probably not. I'm not a big fan of yellow or brown, so I'd rather not have a Switch done in one or both of those colors.

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2024
I would not because I already have a Switch, but I would look at the Pikachu one and be very upset that I couldn't have it. ;_;

One of my favourite things about the switch is the fact that controllers tie in so much anyway. I already have one, so I may not be swayed by a £300 special console but if they retailed pikachu/Eevee joycons for £80, I'd be much more likely to buy.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I would definitely not buy one, even if I didn't already own one.

Pokemon is fun, but I don't want it to represent my Switch at all. If that's what you're asking.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
One of my favourite things about the switch is the fact that controllers tie in so much anyway. I already have one, so I may not be swayed by a £300 special console but if they retailed pikachu/Eevee joycons for £80, I'd be much more likely to buy.

I almost mentioned skinned joycons in my op post, but they already announced the Poke Ball controller, which makes me think they'd want people to buy that instead of swaying them with Eevee/Pikachu joycons. (I already have so many joycons, I also don't need more, but I would absolutely buy another set to get Pikachu ones.)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Already have a Switch... so... no :( Although it's only one between bf and I sooo maybe if the price was right.

Years
I still haven't picked up a Switch yet, but I might consider it depending on what the special edition looked like.

Then again, I'm more or less waiting until I find a good sale on the Switch, and they usually don't include special editions when they go on sale (until they're on clearance), so I'll probably just be cheap and buy a normal edition.

Years
I don't have Switch and I wouldn't buy edition based on these games. I can imagine I wouldn't like them as most of the special editions.

Years
I already have a Switch, but I would surely buy a Pikachu version of the console. I read somewhere that Nintendo will sell a light version of the Switch, without a dock, for using as a second console, so maybe this will be a good opportunity for a Pikachu/Evee model.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I have a switch so no, but my brother always asking me to use mine so if they do, then I'm definitely considering suggesting he'd buy that edition. I'd probably get special joycons though.

blue

gucci
Years
Nah, I personally wouldn't since I already own a Switch. I can see them doing this though to cash in on the hype, or at the very least special edition Joy Cons in addition to the Poke Ball Peripheral.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I don't own a Switch yet, so it's something I'll have to consider should they release Pikachu and Eevee editions!

Years
If they did and it looked good to me then I could see myself buying it. I'd keep it as either a backup or an attempt to get my wife to get into pokemon with me. And if that didn't work then it'll be my second system because I'll need a second one for trading and such once Gen 8 comes.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Absolutely not, buying it once was already taxing enough. Just another greedy cash grab again. I'm not forking over another 300+ dollars for some Pikachu/Eevee themed Switch, when I'm not a big fan of those two anyways. If I wanted to, I'd just put a Pikachu or Eevee sticker on my Switch and call it a day.

Venks

Water Pokémon Master
Years

I already have a Switch, but I've been thinking about giving it to my Niece and buying a new one. So if a Pikachu/Eevee version comes out that'd probably cement my decision.

Neronaya

STAR GATE HEAVEN
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 19, 2023
I have a switch already but I'm already considering selling it to put it towards a Let's Go! console because I'm always a sucker for limited edition consoles. I've never gotten a chance to get a limited edition pokemon console before even though I had my eyes on a couple that have come and gone.
I'm sort of hoping that they'll make switch consoles for the main series release instead as a bundle but an Eevee switch sounds adorable. I really hope they do it or they at least make Let's Go joycons.

Back