• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could change any Pokemon's ability, which one would you change?

Years
    • Seen today
    I would:
    -Give pretty much anything that has Pressure something more interesting, but of course nothing too overpowered. Pressure feels like a generic filler ability mostly for legendaries that they couldn't come up with a better idea for.
    -Give all starters a second (non-hidden) ability, so you have an accessible in-game alternative if you want something more interesting than the boring Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent. Things like Infernape's Iron Fist or Meganium's Leaf Guard could be just regular second abilities instead since they're nothing extraordinary at all.
    -Give all Pokémon with Chlorophyll a second non-hidden ability (well, some already have that) because there's just too many Grass type Pokémon with Chlorophyll and it's not really a good ability for some of them.
    -As another used mentioned, replace Levitate for all Rotom forms (except base Rotom, I guess, since that one does look like it's levitating), that would fix the issue with the fan-Rotom having a pointless ability and would stay consistent with the logic of Ghost types losing Levitate when they evolve into something that is touching the ground (like Duskull and Haunter)

Years
    Wow I expected more people to just go completely wild and give mons broken Abilities.

Minus the obvious Rotom-Fan blunder, I think giving Blastoise a better HA would be nice. Venusaur gets a good option in Chlorophyll and Charizard in Solar Power and... well Rain Dish is just kinda trash isn't it.

Back