• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could change any Pokemon's ability, which one would you change?

Ageha1304

Ageha
Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2022
    The title explains it all. If you could change the ability of any one Pokemon which one would it be and what ability would you give it?

I for example think that Krookodile should have the ability Strong Jaw. Have you seen those teeth? Not to mention that crocs are supposed to have the strongest bite on Earth. I honestly cannot think of a better pokemon that should have this ability!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • All the Rotom forms, but ESPECIALLY Fan Rotom. Why do you have the Levitate ability? You're part Flying. It's useless. It made sense in generation IV because Fan Rotom wasn't part Flying yet, but now it makes no sense, since it is. None of the Rotom forms are shown to be levitating, either. So, I'd change the alternate Rotom form's abilities to either Static or something else. Perhaps, they can all have a hidden ability that has to do with a terrain, but I think that's a bit overpowered. Well, not Frost Rotom or Heat Rotom. Frost Rotom can have Refrigerate, and I guess, Heat Rotom can have Flame Body.

Last edited:

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Change Delibird's Insomnia. WHY DOES IT HAVE TWO SLEEP IMMUNITY ABILITIES. Give it an Ice-related ability, like Slush Rush or maybe even Snow Warning. That'd be cool.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Change Delibird's Insomnia. WHY DOES IT HAVE TWO SLEEP IMMUNITY ABILITIES. Give it an Ice-related ability, like Slush Rush or maybe even Snow Warning. That'd be cool.
    But if it falls asleep, Christmas is over :c

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I would get rid of Slaking's horrendous Truant as well as Archeop's Defeatist. Imagine how unstoppable these two would become.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I would give Slowpoke the ability Drizzle, given its mythology in Azalea Town.
    A special Eevee with capabilities similar to Red's one in the manga that can shift between its forms at will would be interesting. Following the precedent of anime-inspired event Pokémon, a Charizard with Truant would be frustrating but fun. The name of Trace seems appropriate for a Smeargle. Given real life perceptions that jacked guys are dumb, Machamp should have Simple.
    One last one: Vileplume's flower reminds me of the way Iron Man opens up his back to take Thor's lightning in Endgame, so you could give it LIghtningrod or, given Pokémon probably wouldn't want to openly reference a rival in the attention wars, Solar Power.

Ageha1304

Ageha
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2022
    I would give Slowpoke the ability Drizzle, given its mythology in Azalea Town.
    A special Eevee with capabilities similar to Red's one in the manga that can shift between its forms at will would be interesting. Following the precedent of anime-inspired event Pokémon, a Charizard with Truant would be frustrating but fun. The name of Trace seems appropriate for a Smeargle. Given real life perceptions that jacked guys are dumb, Machamp should have Simple.
    One last one: Vileplume's flower reminds me of the way Iron Man opens up his back to take Thor's lightning in Endgame, so you could give it LIghtningrod or, given Pokémon probably wouldn't want to openly reference a rival in the attention wars, Solar Power.

Eevee that changes from one evolution to another would be the most epic and overpowered thing ever! I love it! :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Eevee has two main Abilities; Run Away and Adaptability. It's evolutions have only one main Ability, so here are the secondary Abilities I'd personally add to each Eeveelution.

1. Vaporeon - Storm Drain
    2. Jolteon - Lightning Rod
    3. Flareon - Flame Body
    4. Espeon - Wonder Skin
    5. Umbreon - Cursed Body
    6. Leafeon - Sap Sipper
    7. Glaceon - Slush Rush
    8. Sylveon - Magic Guard

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Pikachu with Battle Bond - where in this case the ability transforms it into a Pikachu with absurd base stats, perhaps wearing Ash's cap, rather than a Greninja - would be OP. Returning to my idea with Ash's Charizard, you could give it Contrary.
    Going with the theme that was pointed out above of giving Pokémon useless / redundant abilities like Delibird's two sleep-preventing slots, how about a Shedinja with Emergency Exit? Just going on the name, Infernape could use Gorilla Tactics...and now I look into it, I think it would be a brilliant way to finally make Slaking a viable competitive battler without letting it be too OP.
    Given that they're just blobs, it would be funny to give Grimer, Muk, Trubbish, and Garbodor Serene Grace too.

Ageha1304

Ageha
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2022
    Pikachu with Battle Bond - where in this case the ability transforms it into a Pikachu with absurd base stats, perhaps wearing Ash's cap, rather than a Greninja - would be OP. Returning to my idea with Ash's Charizard, you could give it Contrary.
    Going with the theme that was pointed out above of giving Pokémon useless / redundant abilities like Delibird's two sleep-preventing slots, how about a Shedinja with Emergency Exit? Just going on the name, Infernape could use Gorilla Tactics...and now I look into it, I think it would be a brilliant way to finally make Slaking a viable competitive battler without letting it be too OP.
    Given that they're just blobs, it would be funny to give Grimer, Muk, Trubbish, and Garbodor Serene Grace too.

I think this already goes into realm of giving Swampert Sap Sipper and Gyarados Lightingrod. Too OP.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Magic Guard Articuno would be hella fun. This could allow it to become a bona fide defensive mon even with its dubious defensive typing.

hirokimura

Miltank's Fanboy Number One
    Years
  • Gorilla tactics slaking? Are you serious? x)
    I'd think it would make sense for delibird to have snow warning, and every useless pokemon to have something terrain/weather related. I mean, look at pelipper and torkoal, that made them become OU.

pkmin3033

I'd give Lucario one of Truant or Slow Start...not so useful now, are you? Hahahahahahahahaha--

Ahem. On the subject of Slow Start, I'd take that off Regigigas and give it Huge Power or Sheer Force instead - it moved continents according to the lore, so I'd say it's pretty apt. Always thought it got short changed something awful with that ability.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I'd give Lucario one of Truant or Slow Start...not so useful now, are you? Hahahahahahahahaha--

Ahem. On the subject of Slow Start, I'd take that off Regigigas and give it Huge Power or Sheer Force instead - it moved continents according to the lore, so I'd say it's pretty apt. Always thought it got short changed something awful with that ability.

Have you seen how fast a continent moves? I think its actually very appropriate. But I agree it would be fun to wield its full might, especially as Fighting is a very common, powerful attacking type to check it so it wouldn't be unstoppable.

Years
  • FLYGON is nicknamed "the elemental spirit of the desert." Because its flapping wings whip up a cloud of sand, this POKéMON is always enveloped in a sandstorm while flying

Flygon really thrives in sand, so I think something like Sand Rush would have been a great choice.

Years
  • Archeops and Slaking are already mentioned so I guess I'll go with Oricorio's Dancer ability.
    I think Adaptibility would be nice on it.

Squirtlenator

[color=#cecfc4]Hasta La Vista, Baby[/color]
    Years
  • strong jaw on the Totodile line
    shell armour on Squirtle and Wartortle and Mega Launcher on Blastoise
    snow warning on Articuno
    drizzle on Zapdos
    sunny day on Moltres
    galvanize on Electivire
    solid rock on Regirock
    full metal body on Registeel
    rock head on Rampardos...just to name a few