• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could have a Legendary Pokémon with a gender

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
  • if you could have a Legendary Pokémon with a gender either in the game or irl what Legendary Pokémon and what gender would you want

mine:
    Obvious choice: female Reshiram

also, female Moltres, and a male Black Kyurem

Sirfetch’d

I'd have a female Articuno as she is one of my favorites of all time.

Brolijah

Secretly (Not) Active
    Years
  • Mew; either-or. I can not see any reason why not. I also say the same for Mewtwo, Jirachi, Shaymin, Celebi (remember PMD), most trios (exclude the Beings of Sinnoh, I find it hard to envision).
    But, for the answer to the original statment, "a legendary", I gotta say Mew. It's so cute and plays a lil part how I entered poképhilia >ω>

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    A shiny male Reshiram would be lovely. So stylish with his gold and pink. And also female Articuno because beautiful.

Overall, genders don't matter much at all for me when it comes to pokémon. Definitely not in-game since it's just a sign there, but also when I RP or watch the anime, I get happy when there is a good balance between female and male pokémon. Which there obviously isn't in the anime :P Or the manga for that matter. Male protagonists have mostly male pokémon and vice versa, and there are more males than females so that makes more male pokémon than female ones. Dumb :/

But back onto the topic of legendaries, I always kind of envision them with genders anyways, since them lacking them is just game mechanics to prevent breeding, right? It just doesn't matter for most of them, imo, what this gender is.

Still, male shiny Reshiram: classy.
    If you could have a Legendary Pokémon with a gender

Years
  • I would have to go with a female Shaymin. Overall, genders don't really matter to me as far as pokemon go, but Shaymin is one of my favorite legendaries, and it has a very feminine look to it.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • It really, really annoys me how legendaries don't have genders in-game. It's been proven in generation 3 that pokemon like the Latis can have gender without being able to breed; this was the generation which overhauled everything, which could have made it the perfect time to add genders.

I think all legendaries should have genders, with only things like Regis and the creation trio and Arceus not having genders. If I had to choose just one....

I guess Celebi. Or Mew. Or Jirachi. Basically, one of those cute things that I like to use a lot.

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    Male Mew. Its mysterious, cute, calm, happy, and always laughing. Just like me >:)

Back