• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could remake one game...

Esmas

General
    Years
    So as the title suggests, if you could remake one game onto a higher console or a different console (like, say, GBA to DS or DS to Wii), what would it be? And why do you want to remake this game? Maybe you disliked the game, or it was missing several features?

Or maybe you want to DEmake the game, as in convert the game into a LOWER console (like devamped FireRed graphics or something).

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    FFXII demade to DS.

Not Revenant Wings, actualy FFXII. I don't see why they couldn't do that as well as Revenant Wings on the DS.

Probably one of the old FE's remade on DS.

And Mother 1 remade on GBA, because I KNOW they'll kill the graphics on DS.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    I'd want Sonic, Sonic CD, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, and Sonic & Knuckles (or at least the last three) remade in a sort of storyline compilation for a newer console - preserving the 2D but adding better graphics, more speed, new level designs, and fleshing out the storyline a tad more (like actually telling us what the Death Egg is supposed to do).

Then again, Project Needlemouse's only concept art so far is a badnik straight from Sonic 2, so who knows? My wish may be getting granted.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    (Robotnik wanted to rule the World, so isn't the Death Egg kinda... Obvious as to help that?)

Anyway... Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask remade with better graphics, and more temples. the original, whilst hard and very fun, needs more than 4 temples. And the graphics are obvious reasons.

OR possibly a remake of the Banjo-Kazooie series on XBox 360 with improved graphics, like Nuts 'n' Bolts. Would have fitted if that was the XBox Love Arcade improvement instead of buttons and tiny graphical changes.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    There was a PC game that I loved when I was younger named "Shogo: Mobile Armor Division". I played it all the time, over and over again. I would love a remake of it, just for better graphics and to add a bit more than what was already present.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    I would remake The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past using the gameplay style from Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, & Twilight Princess, since LttP is my fav Zelda but I prefer the gameplay style from TP.

FFXII demade to DS.

Not Revenant Wings, actualy FFXII. I don't see why they couldn't do that as well as Revenant Wings on the DS.

Probably one of the old FE's remade on DS.

And Mother 1 remade on GBA, because I KNOW they'll kill the graphics on DS.
    The reason Final Fantasy XII was made on the PS2 & not a handheld is primarily because every other main series FF game was made on a console, not to mention most people want a new FF to have the best graphics/sound/etc they can get. Most, but not certainly not all, gamers prefer console games.

Mother 1 was remade on the GBA, along with Mother 2/Earthbound, as a single gamepak, although it was mostly a port..
    If you could remake one game...

Last edited:

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    I wish Pokemon Blue could be remade into a 3D RPG. That would be the best remake ever. To me, this could be totally doable on the Wii. I guess a close second would be 3D remake of Final Fantasy Adventure/Sword of Mana.

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
    The Lost Vikings FTW!!!

They made a remake of the first edition to GBA that totally sucks! For TLV II, they made Norse by Norsewest, for other platforms, which is very cool. All I need is to play the first edition again, in 3D and respecting the original passwords and gameplay.

Ayselipera

It would have to be Croc. The game was so simple, but I loved it. I think the music had a lot to do with it. There might be a newer version of it, but I haven't seen anything.

I want to be remake it because the graphics are really old. It came out on gsc so you know... it could use an update. Plus I hated how when you used a move the music would skip. >:< That was very annoying.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    The reason Final Fantasy XII was made on the PS2 & not a handheld is primarily because every other main series FF game was made on a console, not to mention most people want a new FF to have the best graphics/sound/etc they can get. Most, but not certainly not all, gamers prefer console games.

I never said it had to be made on DS, just ported onto DS as well as PS2.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    (Robotnik wanted to rule the World, so isn't the Death Egg kinda... Obvious as to help that?)

Anyway... Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask remade with better graphics, and more temples. the original, whilst hard and very fun, needs more than 4 temples. And the graphics are obvious reasons.

Well, yeah, but how would it help him dominate the world? I know the comics claimed it could robotnicize (sp?) the planet with a single button, but I'd wanna know what the games came up with.

And the problem with adding more temples in Majora's Mask is the three day rule. It really limits how much they can have you do before you have to play the Song of Time and reset the world.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I'd love to see Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas remade with IV's graphics. All of those had some great stories, but they're pretty tough to play nowadays after having played IV. XD;

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Earrrrthbouuuund. Preferably the whole MOTHER series, and perhaps for the Wii, if only because I have one. DS wouldn't be bad, so long as they kept it 2d...

Oh, and POST 1,000! yayme!

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Style Savvy, on the Wii. With more outfits. And a mode where you can pose the models and take photos and send them to your friends.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    I'm probably the only person here who knows what this game is, but...I'd love to see the 1994 game Little Big Adventure ported over onto the DS. I'm sure the DS has the graphical capability, and the controls would suit the game just fine. Alternatively, a sequel for the Wii (even though, yes, I know, it was a PC/Playstation game :/) would be awesome.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    On the note of KH, I just want Final Mix+ out in English. It would make my day.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Wow I saw this thread and my first thought was "KH Chain of Memories!" and then I realized I've had the remake in my hands since 2007 and felt all warm and fuzzy inside.

My immediate second thought was "Pokémon Gold & Silver!" And... that's gonna be in my hands in a month and a half. Damn I'm on a roll. :)

So I'm gonna go with Final Fantasy VII on the condition they don't change too much. I don't mind if they add in little things to tie-in with the rest of the compilation but I will be so sad if they try to make the game as ~super srs~ as the other main titles and pull out the crossdressing and whatnot. :(!

Last edited:
    Back