• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could remake one game...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Tales of Symphonia (The ORIGINAL one) for the Wii. It's already fantastic and not much would need to be done. But adding the ability to fulling run around the field like in the later Tales of Games, along with adding the extras that they had on the JPN PS2 version, Tales of Symphonia will be well... perfect~ At least in my opinion.

Another one would be Diddy Kong Racing for the Wii. I absolutely loved it for the N64, and I would love to play it again, possibly with the Wheel they have for Mario Kart.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Oh wow...

Commander Keen - just imagine it built for Windows, with good graphics.
    I could keep listing such games forever though.

(I have to do just one more - SkyRoads, that'd be awesome too).

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years

I'm still waiting for worldwide releases of the Final Mixes. >:[
    :( I was so sure the US at least was going to get FM+ when they announced they were dubbing Re:COM. It still seems silly to me that they don't bundle them like they did in Japan, but oh well.

.Bullet

My Valentine
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2010
    I think Pokemon Colosseum on the Wii would do well. Updated graphics, more pokemon. Give me anything but Battle Revolution and I'll be satisfied.

Like other people, FFVII on the PS3/360 would be very nice.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Definitely the original Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines, a true classic. To be made more like the second or third games, sprites replaced with 3D models and going inside buildings an' all... and a fully 3D outside too, since textures and models are nowadays high res/poly enough for it to look as nice. Oh and needless to say: expanded levels, although they took hours already, the second game had a much wider scope since the outdoor scene was merely the tip of it (couldn't really go in buildings in the first), especially in the Colditz mission which was obviously intended for the player to get lost forever; bigger levels = more strategic possibilities = what the series was about.

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    castlevania and i think they our..hopefully its good,,,i enjoyed the ds version

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    One game I would want to remake for the PS3 is Externimation, a survival horror game similar to resident evil on the ps2. It had excellent gameplay for its time and had controls similar to metal gear solid making things much more interesting when it comes to firefights. Another game series I would want to remake is the fatal frame series on the ps2. Improving the graphics and making the ghosts and atmospheres even scarier would certainly make it the best horror game ever.

Years
    I'd update GTA: San Andreas as a 360/ps3 title. Add in multiplayer and free roam modes, trophies, achievements, and some free DLC.

Or just give ps3 owners the GTA iv DLC.

A reinvention of POWER*STONE would be sweet. Spent lotsa coin on that game in the arcades.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Well sweeties, i would to see the following remade.
    Super Mario RPG
    Zelda 2 (I loved it. XD)
    Ocarina of Time
    Wind Waker (Just give me Wii controls, and some extra dungeons.)
    Battletoads
    Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike (Online play and let's watch the n00bs cry.)
    Streets of Rage 2
    Sonic 2
    Mother 1,2, and 3.

Also I would to see a devamp of New Super Mario Bros Wii using NES or SNES style graphics. x3
    Oh and a Metroid Prime 2D devamp would be nice also.
    And a Diamond/Pearl/Platinium devamp to GBC would be nifty. =3

Years
    I would love it if Square Enix would remake Dragon Quest VII and Dragon Quest Monsters: Caravan Heart as a compilation for any of the newer consoles. Dragon Quest VII was one of the best RPGs I have ever played, and Caravan Heart is kind of needed to understand Keifer's backstory. Plus, Caravan Heart is really good, too.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    For this I have to think of my favourite games of all time.

But then I think..Most of them are perfect the way they are.

So I guess for me, I just want every Fire Emblem that wasn't released outside Japan to be remade at some point, preferably on DS..Or just translated and put on Hanabi Festival.

Esmas

General
    Years
    Mhh, I realized that I didn't even answer my own question!

Aaaanyway, I like the idea of a Pokémon Colosseum or XD sequel, as those DO need a little bit of an update. That would be my top choice. To name off a few that I wouldn't mind would be The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (the new one was sort of a technological stretch, mhh?), Super Mario Sunshine and Tales of Symphonia. AND I'd like to see something like Luigi's Mansion.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    When it comes to console Pokemon: moar sequel, less remake. They could make it so much better than what it was... Though, Colosseum had my second favorite protagonist behind Red.

He WAS in ur base, killin ur d00dz.

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    I'd love to see a remake of the original Perfect Dark on PC/360. After the abomination of PD0, the game really needs something awesome. And yeah, I know that they're releasing the original version of it on XBLA, but wouldn't a remake be way more awesome? :3

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    It's hard for me to decide on this one. I would love to see Legend of Dragoon made for ps3. That was an amazing game. And along with everyone else, I would kill to see Final Fantasy VII remade for the ps3. If they changed it a lot, or took out the cross dressing, I would just cry though.

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
    Disney Golf
    Best. Golf. Game. Ever.

It would be on a PS3/360 title game, which would support online, trophies/achievements, and HD graphics. :3

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Dragon Warrior 3. It was an absolutely amazing game(I still didn't finish it, sadly) that is hard to find nowadays. A re-release of the GBC version on the DSi would be nice.
    And Final Fantasy VII I guess. The typos(FFT much?) and terrible character graphics(paintbrush hands) were just a huge let down. The FMV's were nice and the backgrounds were amazing, but the characters...ew.
    I guess Dragon Warrior 7 would be nice as well since I heard great things about it, but only because it's impossible to find.

Back