• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you had a dev. team and a big budget, what would your game be like?

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    A 40-60 hour JRPG with puzzles, a story that doesn't absolutely suck, and many side quests to increase replay value. Maybe an online component where players could help others in their quest. It would have 16 bit graphics not for nostalgic value, but for the fact that I never really thought there was a need for better graphics when it came to JRPGs.

I want to make a game about illegal immigration to America which will represent immigrants in a positive way.

The story will be about three Mexican girls who live in a town which has been taken over by criminals because all of the men in the town went to America in search of better money. One day the three girls all go to the cinema together and watch the Magnificent Seven which gives them an idea to go to America and find seven strong Mexican men who immigrated there and bring them back to liberate their town from the bandidos!

In the game you will have to sneak into America. The game will be basically a series of minigames like there will be driving bits where you have to drive to Tijuana, and some bits where you have to work as a cook so you can pay bus fares, and also stealth bits when you are sneaking across the border.

The purpose of the game would be to highlight the difficulties that the poor people in Mexico have to face!
    You would still be making a game that supports a terrible stereotype.

Even for a troll, this was pretty low for you.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I would create a revamped version of pokemon platinum by changing up characters,gameplay and maps.I would call it Pokemon Dark Platinum.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    A dingy, brown, generic shooter with more emphasis on the online then the main game.

OH WAIT.

But SRSLY, a Sonic game with Metroid/Post-SOTN type progression.

It would start with Eggman finding some way to strip all of Sonic's powers down to running and spin-dash. Sonic then has to run around, collect rings and get all the powers back SA/2 style. Considering we can't have Soinc slowing down too much, the levels should be mapped Sonic 3/& Knuckles style. Big and with enough room to run, but still with a lot of branching paths and more ways to go.

It would be fun~

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Ho ho~ Interesting topic.

I guess, I would have to make my game a total rip-off of "Counter Strike" and replace all the guns with Water guns and when you shoot someone Plastics Snakes pop-out. /Sarcasm.

Anyways, all joking aside. I would make my game a epic and vast J-RPG, with a simple yet complex battle system, with characters that you create with eyes, hair, body shape, and facial hair you can add to them. Plus you can pick their class.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    You would still be making a game that supports a terrible stereotype

No it would be challenging the stereotype! There are lots of people who think that Mexicans are only here to take jobs. This game would show that they are people who all have lives and dreams and hopes!

You cannot just ignore the issue!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Multi-platform JRPG style game, even though it will take place in the Charlotte-Gastonia-Rock Hill metro area.

Your party would consist entirely of cute girls with frilly outfits and going between towns would be achieved by officially-licensed Buick vehicles.

The storyline would revolve around a big evil corporation conducting a massive Ponzi scheme. Some of the party members may be double agents, and the whole conspiracy may go well past just corporate fraud.

Healing of characters will be at RL hotels, though your characters may be robbed or injured at some of the seedier hotels. Sometimes it'll pay to spend more for a better inn, lol

It will probably use cel-shaded characters. I want a visual style for the characters similar to those in the PS3 Atelier Rorona and Atelier Totori games.
    I'd also develop a sequel to XD Gale of Darkness featuring my character Lisa and a Lv30 Persian as a starter, with your foes on a similar level curve (I liked the original Colosseum's idea of having you start off with stronger Pokemon).

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    Knowing me, I'd make a huge Hack n Slash game like the Devil May Cry franchise.
    But to twist it up.

Takes place in modern times in Japan.
    Samurai katana slash up game.
    3rd person and 360 platformer (No Red Steel Knock Off)
    Hot skimpy girl outfits.
    Devil May Cry cameos and references.

All that hot steamy goodness.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I only need 3-4 people and enough to pay them for two years and for a 3DS dev kit... but without the 3D. Yeah, I'm cruel this way. Create a Final Fantasy NES/SNES-styled RPG with a good world, not so stupid encounter battles, a decent storyline, and music. Heck, I got 3 people on my list. Now give me 10 years to get my Computer Science degree and we're finished.

Yeah, I want to actually work on a SSB game, where the Final Boss is intense... on Very Easy. We call him Safer Sephiroth + Tabuu + Marx Soul + Galacta Knight + Bowser + Every Boss You've Hated Defeating Because They're Too Damn Powerful! Not the eggplant wizard, just... no.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    I'd make a FFTA-styled game based of Ratchet & Clank.
    With each job having only access to 1 weapon, but that weapon can be modified using different mods. These mods will replace the weapons from the original FFTA series since all characters/jobs will have a default weapon equipped.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2010
    Probably a Street Fighter-like Pokemon fighting game. Or maybe Capcom vs. Nintendo. This probably stems from my extreme SSF4 and MvC2 night I had with my cousins :3.

Back