• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If You Had One Wish

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    What's wrong with you people? You only think about yourselves? No offense.

I'd wish all people on earth were happy. I'd wish that there was no evil in people's hearts.

It's obvious why.

Okay, now i'm really mad at i-don't-know-who.
    Someone gave me rep saying i'm a liar. Well, i'm not lying, and whoever did this should get a life.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    It would be for my Dad to get better. He had a massive nervous breakdown when I was 10, after dealing with severe manic depression since he was 16, and since then he's been pretty much housebound. He can go out to walk the dog and occasionally accompany me or Mum shopping, but he suffers from massive agoraphobia and an anxiety disorder (which I have inherited, but luckily I am being treated for it properly) and it makes life so difficult for him.

Added to that, he fell down the stairs two years ago and smashed open his skull, which seriously impaired his short term memory. He's scared stiff about missing my graduation and my (eventual? hypothetical?) wedding day, and I just wish I could take away all of the nervousness and anxiety which comes from parents who tell you to 'just deal with it' your entire life and then blame everybody else (like me and my Mum) when you get sick from it. -.-

So yeah. It would be for Dad to get better so that he can get out there and enjoy life.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    This has already been said over and over again, but if it were allowed, then I would probably wish for an infinite amount of more wishes. This way I can deal with more than one issue rather than just one. I would be able to wish that my father's cancer would just go away for good and that he'd be perfectly healthy once more. I would be able to wish myself and family back to our old home back in Northern Florida, or better yet wish us to live in a new and larger house out in Colorado. I would be able to wish the world a better place. With so many wishes I wouldn't need money, I'd just need sense to make sure what I do is right before I screw anything up.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Wish for more wished, duh!
    I'd wish for a genie. Then I get three more wishes. ^^.
    Nah, just kidding. Hmm.... my one wish would be for all my dreams to come true... (personal)

Druid

she's not anyone...
    Years
    Although a Utopian society is a great concept, it would never work without doing things that we, as humans, would probably never do. Ever read The Giver? That's a Utopian society, yet there's no colour, happiness, love, etc. Nobody is sad, but nobody knows what sadness or happiness is, so what's the point? You can't be happy without also, at some point, being sad, and vice versa. Sorta like the superhero "no-go-without-evil" thing.

That being said, if wishing for a better way for countries and groups to solve conflicts wouldn't cause huge problems, (But that would be a pretty hard thing for any genie to come up with.) I would probably do that. War isn't a happy thought, and although some groups don't care for their lives and simply want to fight for their cause, it shouldn't have to be focused on the worst aspects of life: hatred, fear, and sorrow.

Also, isn't wishing for more wishes what gets your wish destroyed or something? I think I heard that somewhere.

Last edited:

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    I'd wish to go back in time, retaining all of my current knowledge.

As to where I'd go? It's a toss up between 2000, 2004 or 2006.

Most likely I'd go all of the way back to 2000, and relive my life from then on... Not making the "fatal" mistakes that I have made.

Years
    More than anything, I'd wish for a time machine.
    There's nothing that terrifies me more than the future, and being the history fangirl that I am, I'd absolutely love to go back in time. I'd want to go back to the World War Two period Soviet Union.

Back