• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

i'll give you *insert money amount* to do that!

Ayselipera

I only do things for money when I'm in need of money. Like last year I used to give everyone rides for free because I didn't mind and I didn't need money. Although looking back it wouldn't of hurt to charge everyone, but I just didn't care. Now though I need money so everyone who I give rides to has to pay up. I'm quite the exciting driver so no one minds anyways. :)

Usually though I'll do something without the addition of money or anything at all really. I'll just look at whatever I'm asked to do as something to do.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    Motivated by money? Yes, I will do something I normally wouldn't if somebody waves a few Hamilton in my face, then yes. I will do something I normally wouldn't. But it's not "Oh you gave me a 50 dollar bill I'll do anything" what I do is measured by how many friends printed in green come to the party ;)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I am very, very motivated by money. I mean, I'm the type of person that worries about everything always. A lot of things that I worry about, I wouldn't have to if I had easy access to more money. That's why I'm considering applying for a second job, although I'm nowhere close to needing it really. I just want the cushion.

As a kid, my mom used to pay me for good grades too. xD;

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Hm... I probably would be motivated by money. Although it depends, really. If I get a fair amount of money in return I would be very motivated.

Years
    I'm the kind of person who'll see a friend looking at something in the store they want even tough they have no cash on them and left their wallet at home and will take it out of their hands and buy it for them.

Money is something I can be really flippant about even though I shouldn't be.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I'm in college. Funds are scarce and I've got a future to save up for, and in the not-so-distant future I'll need to be able to completely support myself financially in every way. So yes, money is a motivator for me. If asked to do something that doesn't further my goals in some other way, I would at the very least like to get paid for it.

I'm certainly not beyond generosity and freely doing things to help those close to me, though. For me, seeing those I care for most succeed in their goals can be as satisfying as reaching one of my own, and the joy of giving pays for itself in a way :3

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I dislike money, the reliance upon it that society gives me in exchange for luxuries I wouldn't have sought to expect.
    Still, for what it's worth to function as I do —not much, really— I pursue it. It doesn't motivate me; I see it more as a necessary evil.

Years
    I'm usually motivated by money, and I'll pretty do any task that's not totally demanding in order to make a quick buck. So yes, money is definitely a motivator, then again, I guess that's just classic teenage behavior. x)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I am very driven by money. I love money, I would marry it and have its half-human, half-money babies were that socially acceptable. Unfortunately, I'm also driven by stuff which comes at odds with my obsession with money lol. But I make sure I never use as much as I earn in any particular week.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I couldn't care less about money. I have plenty of it, and it can never give me anything I really want.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years

As a kid, my mom used to pay me for good grades too. xD;

I WISH MY MUM DID THAT D;

I always want money. I haven't got a job, but want one purely to earn money so I can buy stuff. And money serves as a BIG motivation for completing tasks. I am always saying to my parents I will do stuff like pick up the cumquats that fall off my tree for a few dollars. :( I'm broke though. My parents hardly ever pay me and the work I do do they just normally say that I have to do it to pull my weight for living int he house. They are meant to be paying me just $5 a week but I haven;t been paid in weeks. I live off birthday money.

However, even though every single on of my friends gets paid $20 + weekly (one friend gets paid $300 a month, but his parents are overseas) they have to pay for stuff like food and movie tickets themselves on outings, whereas my parents pay for me. I only have to pay for unnecessary food like show bags at the Easter show. I have to buy all entertainment stuff for my own use myself though. Which is why I need a job. BUT THERE ARE NO WORKPLACES IN MY AREA D:<

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Not really. Kinda depends. If I'm getting paid for something I know I can do, then sure. But if you're paying me for doing something I deem impossible, then no thanks. So yeah, you want me to make an A in math? lol I will have to decline your moneyz.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Money definitely is a huge motivator in my life. I'd be willing to do some jobs and tasks that I wouldn't normally do as long as there's some sort of monetary gain to be achieved through it. So yeah, money is very important and I definitely am known for chasing after it.

Years
    I'm motivated by money, but I have my limits on the amount of work per dollar, and it depends on the job. I'll accept ten dollars for watching a pet for a week, but you can forget about me ever doing a garden weeding job.

Centiflora X

Thread Killer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2011
    When it involves loved ones, I do it out of love. I don't want to be paid.

Otherwise, the task must fit within my level tolerance. I will not accept a job that requires my attention 24/7.

Perfection

I'll Miss PC.
    Years
    I'm not a money person, and I don't care about money. But, my friends always say, "Hey, Alice, I'll give you blah blah blah if you take a picture with Lance." Lance was like, my best friend, but I like him, and I accepted. He doesn't know I like him, luckily, and the picture turned out great-ish. I got money, and a pic with my bestie, and it was a great and easy deal.

Back