• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm Deaf. Wait, blind! No, limp! JK, can't smell! Hmm!!!

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
  • Sorry for the uncreative title guys.

I wanted to ask you all of this:

Let's accept the fact that in a made-up world, it is not allowed to be perfectly complete when it comes to senses. That is, you must lack at least something. For you, what would you choose to lack? Will it be the eyes? The nose? The taste senses? The feeling of touch? Hearing? Limp?

Or, would you rather risk yourself to be put in jail for an eternity, for lacking a deficiency?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Probably sight, because I don't see why not.
    hahaha.

I'd probably go for loss of taste, my engineer teacher said he'd lost his sense of smell and taste (something to be with being diabetic, idk), and seems like he isn't depressed or anything, so yeah...

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • Considering I'm 80% deaf, I'll go all the way deaf, Since im use to not hearing.

Ritzz

Bazinga
    Years
  • Smell. Half the time anyways, there's something that smells bad, so I wouldn't miss smell very much at all.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I will sacrifice the feeling of touch.

Poor Drakow will have to check himself constantly since touch = pain, so if you run into something you won't know, if you hurt yourself you won't know, you'd spend hours a day just making sure that you didn't hurt yourself without you knowing it. Look up how people who can't feel pain live, it's really unfortunate surprisingly.

I would give up my sense of taste. That way I could never get fat cause I wouldn't want to eat food all the time. :3

Years
  • I'd give up my sense of humor.

Haha, no, of course I wouldn't give that up. I'd give up smell since it's the least important of the classic five senses. I hardly have that sense anyway so it wouldn't be missed.

But then the chance to be a sensory rebel sounds kind of romantic in such a silly way that I might go that route.

Years

• Poor Drakow will have to check himself constantly since touch = pain, so if you run into something you won't know, if you hurt yourself you won't know, you'd spend hours a day just making sure that you didn't hurt yourself without you knowing it. Look up how people who can't feel pain live, it's really unfortunate surprisingly.

I would give up my sense of taste. That way I could never get fat cause I wouldn't want to eat food all the time. :3

Look what you made me do Trolljours! I was content with my one sentence post in this topic but now I feel inclined to write a paragraph or two in an attempt to defend my choice!

I was thinking that I could become a powerful warrior because I wouldn't feel pain. Yeah a fatal attack would still kill me of course but I wouldn't flinch or recoil from most basic attacks though. So if someone punched me, instead of rearing away, I could strike back just as hard (to a certain extent I guess). That's what I was thinking anyway lol.

If you've watched Bleach, you'll know that when Ichigo fights Kenpachi, Ichigo ends up cutting Kenpachi up but it's as if he doesn't feel the pain and his attacks don't falter.

Besides I get random injuries during my karate training quite often without even realizing until I get back home. Random bruises and such and I'm like "when did this happen?"

If the bold part is really that bad though, then I'd probably want to change to losing smell, since I don't think it has significant use in comparison to the other senses.

Last edited:

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Smell. I mean, I can't smell anyway and I don't particularly care about smelling/not being able to smell, so I'd rather 'lose' that sense than my sense of sight, or touch.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I'd give up my sense of humor.
    LOL!

I'd give up the sense of taste. My sight and hearing are too important to me, and the feeling of touch is something so fundamental to the human experience (particularly the interpersonal experience) that to cut that off would in a sense be cutting off your ability to associate with other people on a level more intimate than casual chit-chat. As for the sense of smell, they say that a large proportion of taste is in smell so if you were to cut off smell that would essentially be cutting off most of your taste as well. Why get rid of two senses when you can just cut the middle man and sacrifice one?

Besides, losing taste would make it a lot easier to keep a handle on your weight.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • I think I could live without my sense of smell... hearing definitely not because I love music so much, I like to be able to see my surroundings and touch... touch would deprive me of a whole range of experiences o:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I'll sacrifice my sense of pain! I suppose that's not really a bad thing, it's more of an upgrade! Besides that, I wouldn't sacrifice my other senses. They're too important for me that if I couldn't live even with one of them, I'll just stay in my bed until I die.

oocyst

SOFTware
    Years
  • I guess I'd choose smell cause it's the least needed sense we have, but it is tied to taste as well, and I love food.. (you can still taste with your tongue but only the main kinds like sweet and salt etc.) Without smell you have to be careful with foods though, you can't smell if it's gone bad. But anyways smell is the least useful in today's world and can be annoying as well.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I can barely smell as it is, so I would without hesitation give up the sense of smell. I kind of like not being able to smell that well right now as it is, so it's not like it would be a big deal or anything if I couldn't smell at all.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I'd lose my sense of smell, since mine is pretty bad anyway due to my horrible sinuses. Only problem is then you'd lose most of your sense of taste, too =(

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    Smell. The only real use I've ever had for it was knowing when the cakes were ready, and even then it was a bit hit-and-miss.

Back