• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Does anyone know if the background is supposed to be pitch dark during the contests in ORAS? I am only able to see the bottomscreen and my pokemon, the text box thing and the 5 stars at the top left corner on my topscreen.

During the contest, the camera actually activates, so the reason the screen is pitch dark is because your camera is aimed somewhere dark or there's something in front of it. Turn on some lights or aim the 3DS out the window or something and you will see whatever the camera is pointed at as the background for the contest.

And thank you to everyone for the level responses, that was stupid that no one (not even Serebii) bothers to list that. So if I have the 5th badge, I should be good up until level 60 (I'm just below level 40 now) so hello Blissey secret bases! thanks again!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Does anyone know if the background is supposed to be pitch dark during the contests in ORAS? I am only able to see the bottomscreen and my pokemon, the text box thing and the 5 stars at the top left corner on my topscreen.

During the contest, the camera actually activates, so the reason the screen is pitch dark is because your camera is aimed somewhere dark or there's something in front of it. Turn on some lights or aim the 3DS out the window or something and you will see whatever the camera is pointed at as the background for the contest.!

The camera activated for me because I talked to a man that was near the registration counter to the left, but the next time that I played in a contest I didn't talk to him and the camera wasn't the background. If you are still having issues with this, I suggest talking to the man (unsure if he's in all contest halls or just in the Lilycove one) and saying you don't want "the effect" on that he's talking about, or turning off your game and entering again.

Years
  • Is DexNav the only way to get an HA pokemon? Because I need an HA Barboach/Whiscash but I think they're only obtainable via fishing and the DexNav doesn't work with fishing.
    PS: If anyone has an HA barboach and is willing to trade it contact me

Years
  • Is DexNav the only way to get an HA pokemon? Because I need an HA Barboach/Whiscash but I think they're only obtainable via fishing and the DexNav doesn't work with fishing.
    PS: If anyone has an HA barboach and is willing to trade it contact me

DexNav and Hordes. For the Barboach, catch one (Or Whiscash but I don't know if they're in the wild). It should appear on your dexnav in the water area. You can now scan for it just like you would any other Pokemon.

Years
  • If I wanted to transfer some pokemon over from xy and play through the entire game with them, could I?

Yep, although it probably goes without saying that they need to be low level otherwise they probably wont obey you.

An alternative method would be to trade over an egg from X/Y and then hatch it in OR/AS where it inherits your OT and ID No. meaning it won't disobey you. You can't transfer eggs via Pokemon Bank though, but you can do any normal trading methods.

are there still trees/rocks in battles that reward items for using moves like air cutter?

From what I've seen in OR/AS Let's Plays right now, it appears that feature got removed.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    So is latias/os shiny locked if you go to soutern island with the eon ticket? Or can you get their shiny?

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Quick question: How do you access New Mauvile in ORAS? I wanna train my Trapinch. :<

I know that in the original RSE you gain access by accepting a side quest from Wattson after getting Surf. I'm just wondering if it's still the same now, and if so, how do you get Wattson to ask you?

Hello? Trapinch evolved already but I still want an answer to this.

Years
  • Hello? Trapinch evolved already but I still want an answer to this.

It was answered earlier in the thread, but you actually can't reach New Mauville until you have all eight badges. At that point, Wattson will grant you access to his apartment, and after you meet him there he'll tell you to go to New Mauville and he'll get you access in.

BUT, before then, you can at least reach the entrance of New Mauville and encounter stuff in the little area. So you can do that at least, you just won't be able to enter the prime area. That's how I got my Magneton to evolve right after beating Norman.

Years
  • Hello? Trapinch evolved already but I still want an answer to this.

Wattson appears in the center of Mauville City after you deal with Groudon/Kyogre and asks you to come to his apartment in Mauville Hills (second floor of Mauville City), also giving you access to that area in the process. Once you go to his house and talk to him you'll be able to get into New Mauville.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Oh, alright. I'm not the type to scroll through many pages after all. Thanks for the answers. :>

Also, I'm wondering about the PokeAmie. Is it true that the Pokemon Contest Spectacular affects it? I mean, I've never played the PokeAmie with any of my Pokemon (bar a Zigzagoon), but for some reason the Pokemon that I've fed Pokeblocks 'til the maximum of one stat has a heart, and then my Manectric who has won the Coolness Master Rank contest has 2 hearts instead.

If it does, then I probably won't deal with Contest Spectacular 'til the post-league 'cause this feature made me broke my "No PokeAmie" rule in this playthrough.

Nakala Pri

Also, I'm wondering about the PokeAmie. Is it true that the Pokemon Contest Spectacular affects it? I mean, I've never played the PokeAmie with any of my Pokemon (bar a Zigzagoon), but for some reason the Pokemon that I've fed Pokeblocks 'til the maximum of one stat has a heart, and then my Manectric who has won the Coolness Master Rank contest has 2 hearts instead.

It actually might. It makes a lot of sense, since Amie's uses mostly are in evolution and battles, so they'd probably add another pro to it. But yeah, it doesn't matter too much about winning to get good Pokeblock material, the berries you obtain from your fans are okay, but you're better off going to the Berry Master or something. :D

I have a bit of a dilemma. :( I'm in the Safari zone searching for a Buneary and a lot of people say you've got to use your Dexnav to find it. I've been searching for hours in different places, but I can't find it! I know it's uncommon, but this is damn right absurd.

Also, there is a sort of stump thing on a rock in the Safari zone, and I've tried using my Acro Bike to hop on it. Is that the correct way?

Thanks!

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    I have a bit of a dilemma. :( I'm in the Safari zone searching for a Buneary and a lot of people say you've got to use your Dexnav to find it. I've been searching for hours in different places, but I can't find it! I know it's uncommon, but this is damn right absurd.

Also, there is a sort of stump thing on a rock in the Safari zone, and I've tried using my Acro Bike to hop on it. Is that the correct way?

Thanks!

You have to get the National Dex first, you get it soon after getting your 8th badge.

And yes, that's what those stumps are for.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    None of us know. I doubt any of us have an Eon Ticket right now.
    I have one as my older bro works at a place with lots of foreign people and he got one from streetpass, which i then got. I read they aren't shiny locked but no one seems to be positive. In the meantime i am reseting for a shiny ho oh.

Years
  • I have one as my older bro works at a place with lots of foreign people and he got one from streetpass, which i then got. I read they aren't shiny locked but no one seems to be positive. In the meantime i am reseting for a shiny ho oh.

Wow, I can't believe Nintendo's idea (sort of) worked. I thought most event Pokemon from Gen 5 and on (unless specifically shiny) were shiny locked. I guess if you get one then we will have an answer.

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
    Years
  • So quick question about the Eon Ticket. I'm guessing it takes you to the place where you befriended Latia/os. Do you battle the one you dont have there? And if my assumption is correct, how do you know which to Soar on? Or can only the first one be soared on?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back