• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

minecraftprosick

Pika Pi!
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    i completed the pokemon league for the first time last week, i've only collected Rayquaza and Deoxys in the delta episode i was wondering what i could/should be doing right now in the game any suggestions of what i could do would be great :)

Once you've done that you've officially completed the game. After that I like to go to the Battle Resort and battle in the Battle Maison, but also to complete the pokedex and the national pokedex and get the shiny charm to collet shiny Pokemon.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • i completed the pokemon league for the first time last week, i've only collected Rayquaza and Deoxys in the delta episode i was wondering what i could/should be doing right now in the game any suggestions of what i could do would be great :)
    Catching other legendaries and looking for other megastones. You can even visit the sea mauville for a small treasure hunt as well.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Ok question about the EON ticket streetpass data.

I had an old Metallic red 3DS which i streetpassed in london to get my EON ticket.

I now have a black 'New' 3DS which I want to streetpass with my old one to get the EON ticket data.

Now obviously my game has the EON ticket event done and dusted so if my 2 3DS streepass will it correctly pass on the EON ticket info regardless? Id just like it on my new 3DS to pass it on to others.

I'm setting up my New 3DS from scratch and not transferring anything.

-Edit just found out I have to transfer my nintendo ID cant have it on two systems at once.

Last edited:

llr

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    Ok question about the EON ticket streetpass data.

I had an old Metallic red 3DS which i streetpassed in london to get my EON ticket.

I now have a black 'New' 3DS which I want to streetpass with my old one to get the EON ticket data.

Now obviously my game has the EON ticket event done and dusted so if my 2 3DS streepass will it correctly pass on the EON ticket info regardless? Id just like it on my new 3DS to pass it on to others.

I'm setting up my New 3DS from scratch and not transferring anything.

-Edit just found out I have to transfer my nintendo ID cant have it on two systems at once.

I got the Eon Ticket on one of my 2DS.
    It streetpassed to my second 2DS after I talked to Mr. Stone.
    I had to have an ORAS in both DS at the same time.
    I also put the first one to sleep in OR. (I didn't close the game.)
    If the data transfer doesn't transfer it.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    I got the Eon Ticket on one of my 2DS.
    It streetpassed to my second 2DS after I talked to Mr. Stone.
    I had to have an ORAS in both DS at the same time.
    I also put the first one to sleep in OR. (I didn't close the game.)
    If the data transfer doesn't transfer it.

Ok thanks, surprised you needed OR in both though as I thought streetpass was independant of what game was in the machine.

Will try a transfer tonight and see what happens.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Well transfer was blooming awful, over an hour to transfer what? Basic system settings and account info, eshop info (which only took seconds). What was all the waiting for? Especially as it was over local wireless rather than the internet.

Even if it filled the entirety of my 2GB card (which I know it didnt) id not expect a 2GB data transfer to take that long. And i chose the basic transfer only by the way no games or additional content.

Nintendo should shorten the process drastically or better still give a web interface to move/cancel a device on your nintendo ID, what would happen if my 3DS had broken? Id be out of luck basically without system transfer.

I hope to never have to go through that experience again.

PierrDemon

Hey guys! I like cheese! And Pokemon! And Minecraf
    Years
  • Guys, I've got a question: can you find and catch catepie/monkey/bellsprout and such Pokemon in OR/AS? If yes, where?

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Guys, I've got a question: can you find and catch catepie/monkey/bellsprout and such Pokemon in OR/AS? If yes, where?

Caterpie and Bellsprout, no. You'll need XY for those.

You can catch Mankey in Jagged Pass. It's one of those Dexnav exclusive hidden Pokemon, which you can only get after you get the National Dex.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Is there a way to know how many eggs I hatched?

In Wi-Fi battles, there are statistics that flash back and forth when one or both players are idle, such as number of times you did Super Training and number of evaluations from the IV judge. Another one of those statistics is how many eggs you hatched total.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2015
    An opposing Trainer could not be found

So, starting last Wednesday ((i think)) i started getting this issue. Any time i tried to do a Rating Battle in doubles, i would get "An opposing Trainer could not be found" message every time i tried to do a rating battle. The strange thing was that i can still do Free Battles perfectly fine. For some reason, i just can't find a opponent in Rating Battles. Now, its not a issue of my rating being to low or anything. My rating on AS is 1531, so it isn't to low to find opponents. I mean every once in a while ((like once a day)) i can get into a rating battle but the other 99 times i try i always get the above message.

So, figuring it might be a issue with my save file on AS, i went and bought a copy of OR yesterday. After playing until i got the Mega Bracelet, i then transferred all of my VGC pokes over to OR. It worked perfectly fine until about 2 in the morning last night when i started getting "An opposing Trainer could not be found.". I figured this was just because of how late it was in the night. So, i wake up and give it a shot today ((its 3 in the afternoon for me.)). I seem to be having the same issue i was having with AS on my brand new copy of OR now. Anyone have any clue as to why this is going on?

I've tried disconnecting my router and reconnecting it. I even removed my connecting in my internet setting and added it back. Still having the same issue. I'm wondering if it has something to do with my global account on pokemon global link.

Update: This is only going on with Doubles. I went and registered my information for single battles and with in seconds i was in a single battle. So for some reason i just can't get into doubles rating battles. I'm now requesting to have my copy of OR removed from my global link account. I'll have to wait until next week to see if this fixes my issue.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So, starting last Wednesday ((i think)) i started getting this issue. Any time i tried to do a Rating Battle in doubles, i would get "An opposing Trainer could not be found" message every time i tried to do a rating battle. The strange thing was that i can still do Free Battles perfectly fine. For some reason, i just can't find a opponent in Rating Battles. Now, its not a issue of my rating being to low or anything. My rating on AS is 1531, so it isn't to low to find opponents. I mean every once in a while ((like once a day)) i can get into a rating battle but the other 99 times i try i always get the above message.

So, figuring it might be a issue with my save file on AS, i went and bought a copy of OR yesterday. After playing until i got the Mega Bracelet, i then transferred all of my VGC pokes over to OR. It worked perfectly fine until about 2 in the morning last night when i started getting "An opposing Trainer could not be found.". I figured this was just because of how late it was in the night. So, i wake up and give it a shot today ((its 3 in the afternoon for me.)). I seem to be having the same issue i was having with AS on my brand new copy of OR now. Anyone have any clue as to why this is going on?

I've tried disconnecting my router and reconnecting it. I even removed my connecting in my internet setting and added it back. Still having the same issue. I'm wondering if it has something to do with my global account on pokemon global link.

Update: This is only going on with Doubles. I went and registered my information for single battles and with in seconds i was in a single battle. So for some reason i just can't get into doubles rating battles. I'm now requesting to have my copy of OR removed from my global link account. I'll have to wait until next week to see if this fixes my issue.

Well if Singles works then obviously your game or account aren't at fault, couldn't it be possible that people are simply playing singles rating battles far more than doubles battles and when you go looking for doubles there just simply aren't any at the time you are searching?

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2015
    Well if Singles works then obviously your game or account aren't at fault, couldn't it be possible that people are simply playing singles rating battles far more than doubles battles and when you go looking for doubles there just simply aren't any at the time you are searching?

No, thats not a possibility. Considering the fact that its been going on for more than a week and i'm not trying to get battles at the same time everyday. This is happening all day long. Especially when i'm watching a streamer get battles while i can't get them. Its not anything with the game since its being replicated on two separate games. That leaves either my 3DS, which doesn't make sense considering the fact that i can get into Free Battles. So its obviously not a issue with connecting to the internet. The only other option is something on the account end since it is a issue that is tied to a feature you can only use while you have a global account.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • No, thats not a possibility. Considering the fact that its been going on for more than a week and i'm not trying to get battles at the same time everyday. This is happening all day long. Especially when i'm watching a streamer get battles while i can't get them. Its not anything with the game since its being replicated on two separate games. That leaves either my 3DS, which doesn't make sense considering the fact that i can get into Free Battles. So its obviously not a issue with connecting to the internet. The only other option is something on the account end since it is a issue that is tied to a feature you can only use while you have a global account.

This might be getting a little personal, but is your rating pretty close to the streamer you were watching? Typically you'll only get challengers within 100 points of your own rating.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2015
    This might be getting a little personal, but is your rating pretty close to the streamer you were watching? Typically you'll only get challengers within 100 points of your own rating.

Well last weekend yes. He had a bad night and tanked his rating down to 1631 ((It was much higher though. He was ranked in the top 32 of the US before tanking it)). My AS file, which only has about 20 battles on it since this started happening, is sitting at 1531. The OR file is 1486 because i was screwing around with a fun team. Both files are having the same issue and aren't really low enough to be having this kind of issue over and over like this.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • Well last weekend yes. He had a bad night and tanked his rating down to 1631 ((It was much higher though. He was ranked in the top 32 of the US before tanking it)). My AS file, which only has about 20 battles on it since this started happening, is sitting at 1531. The OR file is 1486 because i was screwing around with a fun team. Both files are having the same issue and aren't really low enough to be having this kind of issue over and over like this.

Yeah I hang out around that same rating and I haven't ever had a hard time finding a rated challenger. Maybe you should call Nintendo Tech Support? If you get Erica, tell her I said hi.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2015
    Yeah I hang out around that same rating and I haven't ever had a hard time finding a rated challenger. Maybe you should call Nintendo Tech Support? If you get Erica, tell her I said hi.

Yeah.....i may have to. I get battles every so often but most of the time i get the "An opposing Trainer could not be found message.". Like i just got 1 person just now but thats 1 out of about 20 tries today.

EDIT: So i called up the tech support. Turns out my firewall on my router was giving me issue for some reason. We had to set up a port outside of my firewall and then set my 3ds to run on that port so that the firewall wouldn't block it connecting to the global account servers.

Last edited:

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • EDIT: So i called up the tech support. Turns out my firewall on my router was giving me issue for some reason. We had to set up a port outside of my firewall and then set my 3ds to run on that port so that the firewall wouldn't block it connecting to the global account servers.

In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2022
    Need extremely help with my AS trade error and other

Ok....I bet any of you never heard of this case or problem before.

Illusione-Tempus already took test with me for trade that I already told not put Pokemon in party as no hm move, no event Pokemon, no held item, and no hacked Pokemon. She said she never see this problem before that won't let me trade with it.

So I tried called Nintendo. No dice. So I sent to email for whole information than my phone because I am not good explain to videophone. I am deaf. I use vp to call. No charge on me to call because it webcam type. It won't work connect on computer. Only special kind connect on tv.

Someone told me that I have to replace my cartridge. But I don't want lose my Pokemon that I have in my AS. So how can I keep my Pokemon without start over for game?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back