• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluestars83

Your friendly neighborhood Ace Trainer :)
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    Hello!

Quick question: In which areas of the map can I evolve my Magneton? (Omega Ruby)

Cheers!

Go to New Mauville and just level your Magneton up. It will then evolve into Magnezone. You'll need surf to get there. Will have to have beaten Petalburg Gym. Then go back to Mauville City and see Wattson standing by the light outside the poke center. After that go to under the cycle route and surf east to New Mauville.

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • I've got a small question of curiosity.

A moment ago I'd engaged in a wonder trade where I'd wanted to put a larvitar out there. I had about five of them, one male I'd given an everstone as they are so damn cute and I'd named it Trauma after the Larvitar Ash hatches in the Johto anime; then while trying to hatch another male to evolve ended up with three females.

Anyway, I'd accidentally chosen the wrong larvitar to send out, instead of one of the females I wasn't paying complete attention and didn't realize until I was on the waiting screen that I'd sent out Trauma. Unable to cancel (which is something that should be added in the next generation) I shut off my 3DS just as it was telling me it had found me a partner. When I restarted the game Trauma was gone but hadn't been replaced with another pokemon.

So my question is what happened? Did the other user receive Trauma and now has both pokemon or did it disappear like in the old R/B/Y cloning trick? What is it that they saw on their end when I shut off my 3DS.

Last edited:

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I've got a small question of curiosity.

A moment ago I'd engaged in a wonder trade where I'd wanted to put a larvitar out there. I had about five of them, one male holding an everstone as I did not want to evolve it as they are so damn cute and I'd named it Trauma after the Larvitar Ash hatches in the Johto anime; then while trying to hatch another male to evolve ended up with three females.

Anyway, I'd accidentally chosen the wrong larvitar to send out, instead of one of the females I wasn't paying complete attention and didn't realize until I was on the waiting screen that I'd sent out Trauma. Unable to cancel (which is something that should be added in the next generation) I shut off my 3DS just as it was telling me it had found me a partner. When I restarted the game Trauma was gone but hadn't been replaced with another pokemon.

So my question is what happened? Did the other user receive Trauma and now has both pokemon or did it disappear like in the old R/B/Y cloning trick? What is it that they saw on their end when I shut off my 3DS.
    I'm sorry to say that Trauma has already disappeared. Since it disappeared through Wonder Trade, it's really difficult to trace it again. Breed an another one for yourself again and pay extra attention/separate the Pokémon you are putting up for trade next time!

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • I'm sorry to say that Trauma has already disappeared. Since it disappeared through Wonder Trade, it's really difficult to trace it again. Breed an another one for yourself again and pay extra attention/separate the Pokémon you are putting up for trade next time!

So it's unknown if he reached the other trainer? I'm not saying that I desire to ask the trainer to return him (sorry for the confusion) but am purely curious as to whether he still exists or not.
    BTW I don't recall where I got that Everstone, how can I obtain another?

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    So it's unknown if he reached the other trainer? I'm not saying that I desire to ask the trainer to return him (sorry for the confusion) but am purely curious as to whether he still exists or not.
    BTW I don't recall where I got that Everstone, how can I obtain another?

If both parties haven't removed each other from their own Acquaintance list. Theoretically speaking he/she should be able to see your Shout Outs through the PSS system, while online of course. So you should be able to ask the opposing Trader, but the chances are sheer. Hence it's nearly impossible to learn whether the opposing Trader has received Trauma or uh permanently deleted.

Everstone can be found in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire under these locations:
    • Granite Cave
    • Inverse Battle Stop in Mauville
    • Super-Secret Bases Secret Pals* through their skills: Pick up stones
    **Only Secret Pals with the appearance of Schoolkid (Silver Rank), Poké Maniac (Silver Rank), Fairy Tale Girl (Silver Rank), Pokémon Ranger (Bronze Rank), Ninja Boy (Bronze Rank), Beauty (Bronze Rank), Rich Boy (Silver Rank), Lady (Silver Rank).

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • If both parties haven't removed each other from their own Acquaintance list. Theoretically speaking he/she should be able to see your Shout Outs through the PSS system, while online of course. So you should be able to ask the opposing Trader, but the chances are sheer. Hence it's nearly impossible to learn whether the opposing Trader has received Trauma or uh permanently deleted.

Everstone can be found in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire under these locations:
    • Granite Cave
    • Inverse Battle Stop in Mauville
    • Super-Secret Bases Secret Pals* through their skills: Pick up stones
    **Only Secret Pals with the appearance of Schoolkid (Silver Rank), Poké Maniac (Silver Rank), Fairy Tale Girl (Silver Rank), Pokémon Ranger (Bronze Rank), Ninja Boy (Bronze Rank), Beauty (Bronze Rank), Rich Boy (Silver Rank), Lady (Silver Rank).

Thank you for all of your help.
    Now I remember where I got Trauma's everstone, from a Secret Pal.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Does anyone know how to get the level S O-powers. I received that from a pal and it lasted 8 minutes. I cant find anything on Serebii

S O-Powers may be given out during special distribution periods at a Pokémon Center store. Some MAX O-Powers can be received from Secret Pals in Super-Secret Bases.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Does anyone know what the chances are of breeding a hidden ability poke with non hidden ability parents?

2 Normal Ability Parents = 0% chance to have HA Baby
    Hidden Ability Female = 80% chance to have HA Baby
    Hidden Ability Male + Ditto = 20% chance to have HA Baby
    Hidden Ability Male + Normal Ability Female = 0% chance to have HA Baby

It's been a while, so it may be a bit wrong, but I believe these are the exact chances.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • 2 Normal Ability Parents = 0% chance to have HA Baby
    Hidden Ability Female = 80% chance to have HA Baby
    Hidden Ability Male + Ditto = 20% chance to have HA Baby
    Hidden Ability Male + Normal Ability Female = 0% chance to have HA Baby

It's been a while, so it may be a bit wrong, but I believe these are the exact chances.

So would Hidden Ability Male + Ditto = 20% chance to have HA Baby apply as well if it was a female and a ditto?

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    So would Hidden Ability Male + Ditto = 20% chance to have HA Baby apply as well if it was a female and a ditto?

I believe as long as the female is the one with the HA, it's always 80%, no matter what you breed it with.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Quick question: If your game is lost or stolen and you need to get a new one, will all the Pokémon I put into Pokémon Bank be available to me? How do I obtain them?

EDIT:
    I should mention I downloaded them off of Bank.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    Quick question: If your game is lost or stolen and you need to get a new one, will all the Pokémon I put into Pokémon Bank be available to me? How do I obtain them?

EDIT:
    I should mention I downloaded them off of Bank.

If you retrieved them from Pokémon Bank onto the game that's now lost or stolen then you won't be able to obtain them. You'd only be able to put them onto your new game if they were still in Bank.

I know that sounds like an obvious answer, I'm not sure if that's what you were asking or not though!

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    If you retrieved them from Pokémon Bank onto the game that's now lost or stolen then you won't be able to obtain them. You'd only be able to put them onto your new game if they were still in Bank.

I know that sounds like an obvious answer, I'm not sure if that's what you were asking or not though!

So, for lack of a better word, I'm screwed if I don't find the game cartridge?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back