• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In Rememberance of the 9/11 attacks...

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • Just a friendly reminder that the type of explosion that took down the twin towers happeins with demolitions that use charges and not from airplanes hitting it.

Obviously you failed to read that this thread is a tribute to those that died on the day. Not for your silly conspiracy theories. :/

So, unless you've got something actually worthwhile to add to the thread, besides your unpatriotic bullcrap, then go away.

--

I was in 5th grade when 9/11 happened and I remember it quite well. I was eating a waffle as the planes hit and at school we had a little service thing for an hour about it. Obviously I don't remember what was going on in my head so long ago, but I knew that it brought every American citizen together and helped unite us as a nation for awhile.

Stalin Malone

Order. Stability. Progress.
    Years
  • Conspiracy theory? You all in the mainstream are the ones who believe in a conspiracy. Yeah, a small band of hunted men who live in afghanistan pulling off 9/11. That's 100x more implausible and out there than the theories presented by such enlightening videos as 'Loose Change'.

Black_Wolf

I'm online. I'm just invisible
    Years
  • Conspiracy theory? You all in the mainstream are the ones who believe in a conspiracy. Yeah, a small band of hunted men who live in Afghanistan pulling off 9/11. That's 100x more implausible and out there than the theories presented by such enlightening videos as 'Loose Change'.

You'd be surprised how "small" that band really is.

Seriously, do you think demolitions is that simple? To bring down something like that, no matter how well you place the charges, Tons would be needed. Trust me when I say that such an explosion would not go unnoticed.

Anyways, please let us be. Get together with other of you conspiracy-loving buddies on another forum, and post there. Please remember that this is a very touching subject for some of us.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Well said, Samurai.

I never lost anyone in the attack, but it still is a tragedy anyway.

I give my respects to all who were affected.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • My dad was in one of the towers the day before it happened ... I am still in a little shock about it, even if it was seven years ago ... I'm thankful that he's still here. From that day, I remember being in school and like others, I was young (sixth grade). I received a phone call from my mom to go watch the news that morning. And yeah, I couldn't believe it.

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • *Removes cover* I remember when this happened. I was actually working. I was taking a break from College. I saw everything. Long story short, In anger and disgust, I applied myself, and eventually joined the marines.*I just retired. USMC Vet. 2003-2008*

Now, I'm just gonna be nice. Unless you guys have been to or actually know what goes on overseas, I will have to ask you guys to limit your negative comments on the conflict.
    Hey Black_Wolf, I just wanted to thank you for serving our country like that. I won't even pretend to know what you went through over there or what it is like to be apart of our nation's military, but I want you to know that I am appreciative of your service no matter what my opinions are on the war or the current administration. We all share the same country and thus we obviously believe in the same ideals of Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And i hope you don't let some of the tasteless comments on this thread get to you, when it should be about honoring those who have perished in a horrible tragedy. Sorry if anything in that statement was out of line, but I felt like saying it.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I remembered it so well. I was in class(in college) when I seen it on tv inside the teacher's office. It was so terrible. I felt so sad for the people who lost their lives. So when I went home, I seen the alert again. Again, I was so sad. I had to go to work a few hours after class. I didn't feel like working. I was thinking about how can it happen? All of those people...

But also there were people helping a few people out to safety. I just want to honor everyone during that time. It was very hard, but that made us wake up. And fight against terror.

So I am in remembrance for all the victims of 9/11.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • No offense, but in my view America deserved it. It's a bit sad that innocent people died, but the government needs to know people will rebel against what America has done.

If the politicians were in the buildings instead of some innocent people, I would of applauded.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    That's nice and all, but innocent people never deserve to die. As I've stated before in this thread, please keep this kind of talk out of this thread.

Zet

Years
  • Amachi is a true American! Taking a stand for his country. Well, if he is American O_o

Not everyone is American around here, but I know that the whole world was shoken by that tragedy. I just hope we are able to defeat Iraq and teach them a lesson for killing all those innocent people, including the small kids... :(

two wrongs don't make a right, what about all the innocent iraqies(sp?) that had nothing to do with 9/11, you just can't say thats justice, you're just being like the terrorists and fighting over oil, it's sad

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • This was one of the most terrible incidents I have ever seen over TV, my uncle died in the 9/11 and I just broke down. I saw the 1st tower get hit then I turned the TV off, it was such a hard thing to bear! I am sure all who died are at peace, and let us hope there is never a remake of the 9/11 incident.

Becky_x

Looking for a shiny Bellossom
    Years
  • I don't remember what year I was in, if it was 7 years ago I must have been about 13/14. I didn't know anything about it until I got home from school and my Dad was watching it on the news. It didn't really sink in at all, I'm the kind of person who has to be there and actually see something for it to have an effect on me, so back then the footage on the news just looked like clips from a movie.

My condolences go to all those who have been affected by it all

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    9/11 doesn't even match up to all the plane crashes in the world, let alone any wars.
    Tragedy I think not. The only reason for the fuss is because it happened to America.

To me, 9/11 was just another day, and that's all I remember it as.

Don't bother quoting me and typing up some argument about my jadedness. This is my opinion, I'll respect yours if you respect mine.

GreatStalin

Marxist in Sheep's Clothing
    Years
  • I can understanding respecting the deaths of innocent lives lost in the attacks which occurred on the 9th of Sept. 2001, but to go overboard with the topic on such a matter is just absurd (I'm looking at you, Pokehero22)!

It seems some Americans aren't really mourning the death of all the innocent people...

Nothing wrong with that, is there? Just because people don't mourn (which is, in many respects, an irrational use of time) doesn't give you any right to look down upon them as inferior Americans or somesuch, does it?

PS: I approve of the above post!

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • While 9/11 may not mean much to me anymore (in the sense that it just doesn't affect me - I normally need a hinted reminder of what the date is to remember that the day is anything but just another day), I still can't believe some of the posts in this thread. I'm sure the people I'm talking about could find a better time to bring out these theories. I don't care if you choose to believe certain ideas over others, whatever makes you feel better. Just don't push them on others when it's definitely the wrong time and place. Common sense and compassion, you know?

Anyway, as said before, this day doesn't really resonate with me anymore. I recognize it as a day when many people lost their lives, and as an important day in the US, at least. I don't think I understood it well enough the day it happened. I remember being more annoyed that some of my favourite shows were cancelled that day (and in the days to come) in order to show coverage of the same thing over and over again. As the years went on, I understood it (and cared) more, but now, I guess I've just moved on. I would like to note that even as a kid I was very impressed by how the whole world just stopped and watched and were near-united in what they thought that day. The same doesn't ring true years later, but when it happened, that wasn't the case.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    This day is so important that MSN has its own tribute today to the event; by not working. Those damn terrorists, hacking MSN, hacking ur computerz. They're everywhere!

If people say the plane crash didn't kill the people then why did they film the plane crash? o em gee, directors cut.

I don't believe it was the government either. Though who knows... Rudd could be planning to kill all of us on his birthday for the fun of it. Oh yay.

What's even funnier is that the anniversary of this is the day after the "end of the world/black hole" day. XD;

Maybe they'll get reincarnated as prime ministers/presidents and plan out another conspiracy, or go to heaven, whatever you believe in :3

[/sarcasm]

So yeah, I feel sorry for the Americans... and I hope their families can get over the event, and live life how they deserve to.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • None of us knew what was going on that day. We didn't know what was going to happen next. I remember my mom calling my dad at work all day and relaying what was going on and what was being said on TV. Went to sleep that night to my dad saying, "You're going to wake up in a very different world."

As a Canadian, I don't have...the same emotional connection. But, in the days that followed I was amazed by your patriotism and how everyone was united. As much as it was an attack on America, it was in every sense of the word the WORLD Trade Centre. What was attacked that day were the principles held by every country that believes in democracy and freedom. Ideals shared by most of the western world regardless of politics.

Amongst all the evil there was that day, there were heroes as well. Known, unknown. Unseen. Firefighters, aid worker, regular citizens, people in the towers, people on Flight 93. In the hysteria and fear, people banded together and persevered - and many did not make it - but they were all heroes.

And, I so badly want to say something about conspiracy theorists, but is neither the time, nor the place, and I would be giving you more attention than you deserve.

Years
  • I remember September 11, 2001 like it was yesterday. I was in the sixth grade at the time and the school I attended keep news about the attacks under wraps. When I got home from school that day my father told me as soon as I got of the bus that there has been a second Pearl Harbor. My father told me this because I had an interest in history and could immediately understand what happen. When I got into the house I saw footage of the South Tower collapsing. Later that evening while doing my homework with CBS 2 New York on I saw Seven World Trade Center collapse. That night before I went to bed, I watch President Bush address the nation. As I went to bed that night I thought that the people who attacked us must be thinking "What have we done." About a month later I would learn that United 175 flew over my school and I remember looking up into the sky and seeing a jet. I still think to this day I might have say the doomed flight.

God Bless America.
    In Rememberance of the 9/11 attacks...

Video Archive: https://wcbstv.com/911/sept11.911.ground.2.247167.html

Back