• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In terms of who is more benefitial,more powerful or just because he looks good.

In terms of who is more benefitial,more powerful or just because he looks good.

• Kyogre

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Groudon

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Both Destructive,Horrible Legends,They look monstrous

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters

.emerald

☆ + ♥
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Benefitiality:
    None-they both wreck havoc if to much.
    It would be better if they worked together.
    Stats:
    Groudon-High Hp.,Pure Atk.,Balanced Def. & Sp.atk ,Horrible Sp.def.,The speed is the same as the Hp. at some cases.
    Kyogre-Balanced Hp.,Atk.,Def.,Speed,Pure Sp.atk.,Great Sp.Def.
    Looks:
    I don't consider looks,they both look awesome.

What about your opinions?

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • From the standpoint of pure comparison, there is little that Groudon has over Kyogre.

And I say little to please the possible fans of Groudon on this forum. :S

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Um..This is a poll,Are you people gonna vote?
    Its ok if you people don't want to.(Im sorry if the polls aren't enough..)

Years
  • Kyogre, because if you decided to pitch rayquaza, groudon and kyogre togethor in one big massive fight, I suspect groudon would lose first because it's a ground type.

GTAPlayer

Six Star Evasion
    Years
  • Kyogre has STAB with rain dance, add mystic water, water spout, hydro pump, and you'll have a cold blooded killer. Plus you already have 150 base sp attack power.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Er, regarding appearance, Kyogre is much better looking than Groudon. Neither of their designs are that great but anything can beat a robotic lizard, in my opinion. As for being the most beneficial, that award also goes to Kyogre. We need water to survive, not land, after all.

Originally posted by GTAPlayer:
    Kyogre has STAB with rain dance, add mystic water, water spout, hydro pump, and you'll have a cold blooded killer. Plus you already have 150 base sp attack power.

Yeah, I don't really need to elaborate on that, it more or less speaks for itself. And Groudon is Ground-Type, which gives Kyogre yet another bonus in the battle for being superior.

Kyogre hands down.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Kyogre has STAB with rain dance, add mystic water, water spout, hydro pump, and you'll have a cold blooded killer. Plus you already have 150 base sp attack power.

Mystic Water? Rain Dance? What?!

Kyogre is superior competatively, for me in this case. Groudon is a physical sweeper, whereas Kyogre is deemed as a Special Sweeper. In a battle, Kygore will be winning 100% of the time, especially if it's Specs.

Look-wise, Groudon wins me over. It's scaly appearance and it's monstrous roar it just plain awesome.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Rain dance? It already has drizzle!!
    I woudn't suggest Hydro Pump..
    Thunder would give it out.

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
  • Weird but im really into Groudon... idk
    Maybe because of its ability... Goes well with solarbeam and would creme any water type XD
    AND! IT LOOKS UBER, LOL!

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • As just a personal preference of mine, I would have to go with Groudon.
    Kyogre is great in it's own way, but Groudon just seems to look more powerful and menacing. Plus, you really have to take into effect that he is the heaviest Pokémon thus far and therefore exumes a little more power than Kyogre.

However, I can't really speak for his stats as I usually don't battle with him.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Er, regarding appearance, Kyogre is much better looking than Groudon. Neither of their designs are that great but anything can beat a robotic lizard, in my opinion. As for being the most beneficial, that award also goes to Kyogre. We need water to survive, not land, after all.

Yeah, I don't really need to elaborate on that, it more or less speaks for itself. And Groudon is Ground-Type, which gives Kyogre yet another bonus in the battle for being superior.

Kyogre hands down.

But groudon has charcoal, fire blast, and eruption, which is almost equal to kyogre.Not only that, but groudon has a bigger type movepool than kyogre.
    and in terms of D/P/P, i think groudon would win.
    besides, groudon looks much more menacing and evil than kyogre.
    kyogre would've been stronger had it not been for groudons solar beam/drought combo.
    but in all fairness, in a battle, it mainly depends on who goes out first.
    if kyogre goes out first, then its sunny day, and vice versa.
    but even then, if its rainy weather, groudon could take kyogre out with thunder.
    i don't know, it seems that the winner has the best speed stat, because they are both balanced in a way.
    but where did robotic lizard come from?

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    kyogre would've been stronger had it not been for groudons solar beam/drought combo.
    Kyogre can absorb the Solarbeam.Its Sp.Def. Type.Groudon has a base 100 Sp.Att.Kyogre has a base Sp.Def. of 140.I wouldn't say that Groudon is stronger by that statement...
    And like you said,it depends on who goes out first.Its their ability you see.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Kyogre can absorb the Solarbeam.Its Sp.Def. Type.Groudon has a base 100 Sp.Att.Kyogre has a base Sp.Def. of 140.I wouldn't say that Groudon is stronger by that statement...
    And like you said,it depends on who goes out first.Its their ability you see.

Good point.
    Lets just say that groudon is best used for physical purposes.
    but they could've just made groudons special attack stronger, because kyogre would obviously win if groudon didn't have solarbeam.
    Also don't forget that groudon can learn thunder, so even if kyogre goes out first, rainy weather makes electric moves 100% accurate.
    And it also depends on the speed.
    groudon is screwed if kyogre gets the chance to attack first.
    but its vice versa if kyogre has higher speed, but groudon has a certain item on it, like quick claw.
    The battle all depends on speed and the beginning of battle.

Back