• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
what is lebanon like, from someone who has been there in person and not parroted what they saw on cnn or god forbid, fox news

It's my favorite place on Earth <33
I'm gonna blog about it soon, having already blogged asking everyone what their image of Lebanon was like.

Regardless, it's a place where the weather is fair, people are amazing and lovely, life is easy and the civil structure makes Lebanon basically a social interaction heaven. Every moment is beautiful.

Wow, I really wanna go back right now ;;

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
That gif says 'haters to the left' but she's pointing to her right...wat

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
Yeah, there's absolutely no point to using anything but Google. They're the standard for search engines and it has the most indexed sites - the most important thing for most webmasters is to get the site well-indexed in Google.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Google is the only search engine I ever use. No point using anything else when I use Google Chrome as a browser.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
I used dogpile because I was just hitting puberty and my mom had a keylogger on our computer and no matter what you searched for on dogpile you got...X-rated images.

Best reason to use a search engine ever.

I mean when does anyway actually want the SFW images when they google search? Psh may as well just get rid of them all.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I remember a time before Google even existed as a search engine. I do remember dogpile, trololo.

Years

I mean when does anyway actually want the SFW images when they google search? Psh may as well just get rid of them all.

High School Tech Support seemed to think pretty highly of it...along with everything ever being banned from being viewed. Which was frankly frustrating because 9 out of 10 times your actually trying to do legit research and you can't move forward because your school thinks that everything is unsafe.

Years
As far as search engines go, I only use Google.

Because Google always works for me, it never fails me and I have a Gmail account which explains why.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Google made required safesearch for all one-word searches. Try it, search for the dirtiest thing you can think of in one word and it'll be safe. Get to two words though and you get all the inappropriateness the internet can shower on you.

Sir Codin

Google made required safesearch for all one-word searches. Try it, search for the dirtiest thing you can think of in one word and it'll be safe. Get to two words though and you get all the inappropriateness the internet can shower on you.
> Searches "breast"

Yeeeeahhhh

> Searches "breast f***ing"

YYYEEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Not this particular kind. It's always on.

UM.........TOUJ..........I FOUND A WORD WHICH CAN GET PAST THIS SAFESEARCH THING.......i won't divulge it though even though it's not a dirty word per se

Last edited:

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Not this particular kind. It's always on.

Crazy, I never knew. Now my inappropriate googling shall be far more successful

-----

Why do I deem it a good idea to make the thread I've been thinking about making all week just before I go to bed? Now I wish to stay up all night to monitor it but it's already 5:29am. I have work at 11am D:

And work for the next 3 days D: Gah!

I guess it's time to yet again say g'night DCC!

Shameless advertising Awesome unrelated thread:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Weird, you'd think it would just be like "if it's one word, turn on safesearch", not "these words, turn on safesearch".

I am amused that if you search these things the safe results are mostly motivational posters though. Weird how that turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back