• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crux

Evermore
Years
  • Yeah, I eat at pretty weird times too, but i'm trying to fix that. It's not going so well....

So how've you been Slender?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    But just like a fan of beer is going to gravitate towards higher-end beer, a fan of food is going to gravitate towards higher-end food as their tastes "refine", lol.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I like higher-end food, but I can't afford it. xD Higher end beer is also good, but ditto.

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't eat that well, luckily I still have a good metabolism to balance it out.

I know the feels of that too. I eat a lot of junk food and I don't pack on the pounds myself. It's actually rather nice to have a high metabolism. I shouldn't take it for granted though.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Speaking of food, the pictures of caviar I see all make it look like red oatmeal

I know the feels of that too. I eat a lot of junk food and I don't pack on the pounds myself. It's actually rather nice to have a high metabolism. I shouldn't take it for granted though.

I wanna be a bit heavier so I can't see my ribs lol :(

Last edited:
    I am quite possibly the least picky eater I have ever encountered. High end, or low end food is subject to my devouring, regardless of taste. Only reason I won't eat something is lack of hunger, or expiration date. Or... Well, if it's like still alive or something I shouldn't eat :P I can't have beer though, since it's carbonated - and I have some throat problem that keeps me from drinking carbonated beverages. When it comes to drinking I have to have hard liquor basically hahah. Rum, Vodka, shots, that sorta thing. (Othewise though - raspberry tea or lemonade. That sh*t's DELICIOUS.)

Anybody else have those drink machines in fast food places by them, that have like... over 100 different drinks they can dispense, all from a single nozzle? And they have the touch screens, where you pick your drink? Those are so coooool. I feel like I'm living in the future with them. Apparently they're common fare here in Chicago, but jw if anyone else has seen them.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    *sigh*
    Okay Toujours, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Sorry guys, gotta go. Y:
    See you later.

how dare I disagree with you and express it on a forum

The nerve of me.

Yeah I'm the opposite of picky, haha. I kinda don't like mint (I had a Shamrock Shake the other day and kinda liked it!), and I hate root beer. That's about all for things I don't like. And we have those drink machines!! They're so cool. I always get the Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. :3;

how dare I disagree with you and express it on a forum
    Yeah I'm the opposite of picky, haha. I kinda don't like mint (I had a Shamrock Shake the other day and kinda liked it!), and I hate root beer. That's about all for things I don't like. And we have those drink machines!! They're so cool. I always get the Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. :3;

Heh I once ate a small rock; no sh*t. Although, to be fair and honest I didn't know what I was doing. A friend of my gf at the time's handed me a box of jujube's and bet me I couldn't down it in one mouthful. I was made the fool here, as there were some that were just hard because they were stale; and some that were hard because... they were small rocks. :L I STILL DID IT THOUGH

And you have them too?!!? :D YUS someone else knows the joooooyyyyy. I hope they're in all restaurants within 3 years time. Too many places only have Coke and other carbonated beverages - anywhere that has those machines, has like. Ten kinds of lemonade. <3 Vanilla Dr. Pepper sounds delish too. :3

That sounds really cool, but no. We don't have them here. They sound really cool though.

I hope they make it to wherever you are soon. :p they are indeed; quite cool. They have more than 5 and up to 10 different flavors / varieties of such drinks as Minute Maid, Fanta, Coca Cola, Dr. Pepper. and ummm... just lots and lots of drinks. :P

Years
  • Anybody else have those drink machines in fast food places by them, that have like... over 100 different drinks they can dispense, all from a single nozzle? And they have the touch screens, where you pick your drink? Those are so coooool. I feel like I'm living in the future with them. Apparently they're common fare here in Chicago, but jw if anyone else has seen them.

Totally felt the need to comment and say that those kinds of drink machines are quite rare here in SC. I've only seen 2 in the upstate, 1 at the college my sister attends and 1 at a Burger King (yeah, just 1 burger king).

Rainbow Daaash said:
    And you have them too?!!? :D YUS someone else knows the joooooyyyyy. I hope they're in all restaurants within 3 years time. Too many places only have Coke and other carbonated beverages - anywhere that has those machines, has like. Ten kinds of lemonade. <3 Vanilla Dr. Pepper sounds delish too. :3

D: Don't do it! I tried the vanilla dr. pepper and it taste like someone just squeezed lemons into my soda. It was seriously nasty!

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Heh I once ate a small rock; no sh*t. Although, to be fair and honest I didn't know what I was doing. A friend of my gf at the time's handed me a box of jujube's and bet me I couldn't down it in one mouthful. I was made the fool here, as there were some that were just hard because they were stale; and some that were hard because... they were small rocks. :L I STILL DID IT THOUGH

So your friends dared you to eat rocks? What?!

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • @Toujours:
    It's not a case of whether or not you agree with me.
    I've been a foodie for a quarter of my life and maruchan ramen is still one of my favorite foods.
    I know people who have spent their entire lives in such a fashion, and they eat microwave burritos.
    The fact of the matter is that there's no such thing as a mass produced human, and whilst as i'm sure there people out there who live off of champagne and caviar because their personal tastes have refined in such a way, that's not the case with everyone.
    Somebody's tastes refining does not necessarily mean that they only eat food that they deem worthy, but instead that they start to learn what kinds of food and flavors they enjoy eating.
    And regardless of how refined a persons tastes get, there will always be a type of food that surprises them that they like.
    But I digress.
    Between myself and others around me being technically capable of being called foodies, and the fact that the culinary arts, be it eating or cooking, is one of the few burning passions that I have and always will, you won't be able to convince me that all foodies are food snobs.
    Now, if you took the time to actually read this, I commend you. And, if only for the fact that I took the time to write this out, I implore you to actually consider my standing, which gives me the right to say that I know what a foodie is, and what I have said.
    That being said, I ask that you kindly not insult my intelligence by assuming that I give a damn, or am offended for that matter, by somebody not having the same opinion as me.
    Because let's face it, if everybody had the same perspective and opinion, the world would be a pretty boring place.

[/longreply]

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Woah, I must've missed something while I was away haha.

So how've you been Slender?
    Sick. I;
    I've spent the last week coughing violently and having a relatively high fever. The latter is mostly gone, which I appreciate, considering it spiked up high enough at one point that I was only partially conscious. {X

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    @Toujours:
    It's not a case of whether or not you agree with me.
    I've been a foodie for a quarter of my life and maruchan ramen is still one of my favorite foods.
    I know people who have spent their entire lives in such a fashion, and they eat microwave burritos.
    The fact of the matter is that there's no such thing as a mass produced human, and whilst as i'm sure there people out there who live off of champagne and caviar because their personal tastes have refined in such a way, that's not the case with everyone.
    Somebody's tastes refining does not necessarily mean that they only eat food that they deem worthy, but instead that they start to learn what kinds of food and flavors they enjoy eating.
    And regardless of how refined a persons tastes get, there will always be a type of food that surprises them that they like.
    But I digress.
    Between myself and others around me being technically capable of being called foodies, and the fact that the culinary arts, be it eating or cooking, is one of the few burning passions that I have and always will, you won't be able to convince me that all foodies are food snobs.
    Now, if you took the time to actually read this, I commend you. And, if only for the fact that I took the time to write this out, I implore you to actually consider my standing, which gives me the right to say that I know what a foodie is, and what I have said.
    That being said, I ask that you kindly not insult my intelligence by assuming that I give a damn, or am offended for that matter, by somebody not having the same opinion as me.
    Because let's face it, if everybody had the same perspective and opinion, the world would be a pretty boring place.

[/longreply]

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • @Slender:
    D:
    Ricola! And orange juice! And garlic! And mangos! And no dairy! And- okay, i'm gonna stop now. :I
    You're okay now I hope?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Used to be a fruit nut growing up myself but nowadays I'll take a cup of spicy ramen and some nachos for lunch more often than not. I know they're unhealthy and all but they just taste too good for me to resist.

Don't get me wrong I'm still a fruit nut it's just the stuff can get a wee too pricey for me sometimes tbh.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Ramen has a lot of salt in it but I like it too much, but it's just too easy to make. I do like other foods but I never feel like cooking things for lunch. Im usually a "lets see what leftovers there are" kind of person.

Sir Codin

My dinner usually consists of chicken or fish with hot sauces, some grapes, a slice of bread, and sauted potato slices with seasoning.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back