• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
  • Before I go in a discussion about guns or religion on PC, I ask myself : After I'm finishing with exposing my point, what will it do for the actual situation? Nothing. That's why I'm not participating in any discussions.

Sir Codin

I love taking the middle ground in these issues.

For example, I have a problem with banning people from owning semi-automatic AR-15's, since usually they fire only as fast as you can pull the trigger (which, by my understanding, essentially makes them just a really long handgun), but I have no problem whatsoever with limiting cartridge capacity.

I'm also in favor of people looking more into the option of smart guns. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_Gun#Advantages

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I hate debates on PC, which is why I avoid them. I come here to enjoy myself and I don't find debating issues to be enjoyable. :(

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Screw debates. Not my thing.

As long as you don't shove your opinion down my throat we're good.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I usually avoid debate threads here because I suck at debating and when looking over a something I may post in a debate thread I often end up deleting because I think it sounds dumb.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • I hate debates on PC, which is why I avoid them. I come here to enjoy myself and I don't find debating issues to be enjoyable. :(

But I find them to be enjoyable! Now we'll babble on for hours about the benefits of debating, without either side having a clue how much time they're actually wasting!!!!!1!1!!!

Honestly I think unless I have something funny but relevant to say, from now on I'm avoiding those threads.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • Debates? Nope. Nope. I stay away from those at all costs. I don't see myself as a good debater, especially when I don't know much about the topic. I don't like getting heated up about something I know I can't do a thing about lol. Better just not dabble into those things than risk losing your head.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I stay away from debates for the same reason why I don't bring the cat to go swimming with me, it's going to get messy in no time and by the time it's over there's no forgetting the carnage that happened anytime soon.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • I like the debate threads, not that I post in them too much any more. I just feel like it's not really gonna hurt me and as long as I'm not shoving my opinion down someone's throat, I don't look anything near as bad as the people who are doing that will. Most of the 'debate' threads aren't really heated debates anyway. Just a few threads *coughgunsandabortioncough* ruin the reputation of the rest of them imo.

...or it might just be because I can deal with anyone who gets really overly-aggressive with me. Idk.

I stay away from debates for the same reason why I don't bring the cat to go swimming with me, it's going to get messy in no time and by the time it's over there's no forgetting the carnage that happened anytime soon.

lmao

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Well, it seems like we're done talking about that. Today we're going to be painting Easter Eggs with my son! It'll be so much fun since he's two and a half and at the age to enjoy it finally!

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
    Years
  • Well, it seems like we're done talking about that. Today we're going to be painting Easter Eggs with my son! It'll be so much fun since he's two and a half and at the age to enjoy it finally!

The extent of my participation in easter celebrations is usually buying cheap chocolate a few days afterwards.

Ah well, I guess I'm just a Grinch all year around, regardless of the celebration. Nevertheless, I hope you and your son both enjoy!

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I'm not big into celebrations either, but wife and I try to do things like this to make the holidays fun for the kiddo. :D

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I bought candy yesterday - should've waited a few days but we only go to the store once every week and a half or so so next time we went the candy would have been gone XD

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Since I'm Catholic I pretty much celebrate Easter every year. Usually my family just goes to Easter church service on Saturday night or Easter morning and have ham sandwiches with some kind of vegetables for Easter dinner. Which is what we're doing this year.

I remember when I was younger and my dad would dye eggs with us and then would hide them Easter day and we'd run through the back yard trying to find them. He'd hide both real eyes and plastic ones. And my nana would give us Easter baskets every year. Oh the nostalgia.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    He'd hide both real eyes and plastic ones

He'd hide both real eyes

XZtzt.gif

I wanted to know if people were combining Easter and April Fools Day this year. Hiding real eggs?

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    My family does celebrate Easter, & every time, we have guests come to our place. Mom plans on making an Easter Bunny cake, which she's been making every Easter in over 40 years. We're also going to have quite a menu of food available.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back