• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] In your opinion, who should have made it into Galar?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • I'm 95% content with the official gen8 dex, although I'm just surprised that the Nidos and the Aggron line didn't make the cut. The latter especially since Y'know, there was a mine and they are the stereotypical mineral mons. The fossils would have been cool to make it into the games too.

I also really wish Garchomp was in there too. I mean Flygon made it and I like that one too but still.

If we can also use the flipside to talk about mons that should'nt have made it in, Gastrodon. I seriously don't get what's the point in putting it in the same game as Quagsire and Seismitoad. If it was to like give it a new evo or something I would understand, but that just feels off. Perhaps they really should have taken out the Gastrodon line and maybe a random single stage mon to make space for the Garchomp line. Or even take out that and maybe I dunno the Malamar line I guess and put in the gen1 fossils.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • The Nidoran line, Dragonite line, and Electrode line (I love my giant grinning exploding Pokeball even if few others do) but honestly, I don't have much of an issue with the Pokedex as it is.

Well, except for Ye Tiny Yellow Electric Rodent being in there, but excluding it would probably cause rioting in the streets.

Maedar

Banned
    Years
  • Several Pokemon would have fit nicely:

Absol: Can't believe this guy didn't make the cut, it's got every sword-based move in the book!

Shieldon: Why on earth isn't the "Shield Pokemon" in Shield??

Skarmory: HUH? Another sword-themed Poke who didn't make it to Sword??

Castform: With so many weather effects, this was a wasted opportunity.

Jigglypuff: Annoying or not, the puffball is a Poke I'm really going to miss.

Zorua, Sandshrew, and Cubone: Same reason as Jigglypuff. These guys will be sorely missed.

But tbh, I'm still dying over the fact one of the starters is a rabbit in a UK-based region. Better hope there's no mosquitoes.

Actually, Scorbunny makes a lot of sense when you think of it. Its evolved for suggests a (stereotypical) Eastern martial artist (I'm sure a lot of players are comparing Raboot to Usagi Yojimbo, in fact), so much that if you consider the Scorbunny family to be an "introduced species" of Pokemon, it's pretty accurate.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    1. Venomoth

I have taken a liking to this Pokémon for a good while, but I just can't seem to fit it in on my team in Kanto and Johto, because I always find myself using Crobat and Nidoking quite often. With HMs now gone, and Venomoth having good special STAB moves over the years, I eagerly await it's inclusion in a new Regional Dex someday.

2. Salamence

Galar is a region enriched in dragon culture and Britain is quite a mountainous country in Europe, just like my next-door home nation; Ireland, so Bagon really should have been in the Galar Dex.

With Air Slash and Hurricane being TM/TR moves, it would have allowed Salamence some great STAB options for it's respectable Sp. Atk and extra offensive Flying coverage, since it no longer has it's OP Mega going forward.

3. Houndoom

It has served as an elemental version exclusive counterpart to Manectric for a while now.

There is a legend of a black dog in Britain, so it would have been nice to see Houndoom fill that role.

4. Crobat

It has been in every regional Dex since it's introduction in Gen II. The Poison/Flying-type is a great type combo that gives it many resistances.

Poison is always useful since Fairy was introduced. Crobat would have many moves to choose from if it had been included in the games.

5. Alakazam

Merlin is integral to the legends of King Arthur, which are iconic stories associated with British folklore.

An iconic sorcerer Pokémon like Alakazam makes insane sense to have been included in the games. Considering how many Psychic-types can learn Weather Ball and Mystical Fire, Alakazam would have some improved coverage to take advantage of.

Years
  • Lillipup! I'm totally unbiased. I have absolutely no feelings one way or another towards this Pokemon.

Okay, jokes aside, I have a legitimate gripe. The line is based on the Yorkshire Terrier, so WHY is it not in Galar? 😒

Years
  • I believe all should have been included. I fall into the Kollector line of players and I will be unable to Komplete my goal. Pokémon that do not even hold Kombative value are dear to me. Whether they are rare, difficult to evolve or hard to train. There is no point now in Kollecting now.

One worry I heard GF had was the Kompetitive scene and it being watered down in sone way? I would argue that removing 400 roaming variables as watering down gameplay, along with removing move sets as well. Hopefully, maybe, they shall retroactively fix this but I have my doubts and am unwilling to gamble on that bet.

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
  • I thought if any Pokémon were going to make it in, it would be all the starters from the previous generations. Every starter is special to someone, as well as being some of the most beloved by the fans, so I assumed they'd all be spared.

I was massively disappointed to find out only Charmander got in (because of course he would 🙄)...

Years
  • I really want them to just drop the mic and make game (or two as in game A game B) that include every single Pokemon in the history of the game, a chance to have every single Pokemon in 1 game how can Pokemon get better than that?

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2019
    I really wanted porygon/porygon2/porygonZ in shield and sword but alas my wish did not come true.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    The Dratini line, definitely. And the Azurill family too!

Back