• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Incorrect Pokemon Types

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
Years
frostweaver said:
i think you're the one with a little misunderstanding.

You got almost exactly what i was trying to say. I wrote that Chansey example to see how weird of an idea this is... Chansey can use Water Gun in Dizzy's way by using the methods i wrote up there. But how can you blast water from a little pocket? all i can do is clumsily walk over to the side of a Torkoal, and jump up so water will flow out of the pocket and land on to Torkoal... that's as close of a water attack Chansey can ever get... and just cause it got this weird way of "Water Gun," that means it should be part water? no...

so Phanpy in the same sense shouldn't be part water...
Making it Water would only be a waste of time, it would be gain no speacial advance over Rock, Ground, and Fire cause it can learn moves that could KO them easy. And even if it could learn Water attacks its trunk its way too small and flat, plus it would only make it weak against itself.

StellarWind

The Sylvan Saber
Years
Well, in my opinion, the Ralts-Kirlia-Gardevoir line should have been Grass/Psychic and female only. The thing on their heads looks like a leaf, kind of, and if they could learn some grass moves, they'd be a lot better altogether (Ralts is annoying to level up, yes inded.)

As for why female only? Just look at Kirlia and Gardevoir. It's an Annoying White Pixie, evolving into A Ballgown Girl. I bet that male Gardevoirs get picked on a lot. ;P

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
at the same time the classical "Machamp is male only" argument will be brought up... it looks like a male only! look at all those muscles! well like stated before in old PC, it is completely possible... like how female spiders are completely almight and powerful compare to the wimpy males who'll get eaten right after you know what activities

So if Machamps who look like male but can be female, why can't Gardevoir be male? We see cross dressers in real life too ^_^;;

EDIT: a rather big typo in last sentence... forgot 3 important words >_<

Last edited:

StellarWind

The Sylvan Saber
Years
Just because Machamp is a human-shaped steroid-breathed bastard doesn't meant that he has to be male only. I've seen female bodybuilders before. OW. Scary. But they still exist. Now, Considering their human shape, most people assume that female 'champs, 'chokes and co. have, uh, chest developments, if you know what I mean. However, Machamp, Machoke and Machop are NOT mammals, and so there's no reasons there'll be much difference in the form of males and females (except for maybe larger hips on the females, and that's a level of detail the games won't get to.) Sexual Dimorphism in Pokemon only exists in a few cases (Latios/Latias, Volbeat/Illumise, Tauros/Miltank and the Nidorans). I don't see why people consider Machamp as male only looking.

Gardevoir though, is a whole different story. Although whatever gender it is, that red thing stuck in their chests has GOTTA hurt. o_O

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
Years
Yay, my "there's nothing wrong with the Machop line being female" argument is working, mwa ha ha! In birds of prey, hyenas, and some other animals, females are the larger and stronger sex, so there's nothing wrong with female Pokemon being big and strong too.

Gardevoir doesn't really have breasts, it just looks like it has a gown and maybe a slight female shape. But I don't see what's so bad about it being male. How do you imagine a male Gardevoir to look like anyway?

Back on topic...

Mawile should've either been part Dark or pure Dark... it doesn't learn Steel moves that are offensive (I think), and its Sapphire equivalent is part Dark. Either way, its stats still stink :P

Seviper would have been SO cool if it was part Dark!

Altaria... this is a long shot... part Ice. If it learned maybe Icy Wind on its own, I could see this happening. But don't get on my case about this, I did say it was a long shot. I'm so sick of Dragon/Flying types...

Speaking of Icy Wind, Sneasel SHOULD NOT be an Ice type. It should be pure Dark or part Fighting.

Pezz

All Washed Up
Years
I never understood why Sneasel would be part ice...It doesn't look like it should be, and does it even learn any ice attacks?

I think Khangaskhan should be part fighting, it looks like a fighter to me, plus the classic Boxing Kangaroo thingie springs to mind. *gets an idea for a Kanaghaskan evo*

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
Iveechan said:
Yay, my "there's nothing wrong with the Machop line being female" argument is working, mwa ha ha! In birds of prey, hyenas, and some other animals, females are the larger and stronger sex, so there's nothing wrong with female Pokemon being big and strong too.

Gardevoir doesn't really have breasts, it just looks like it has a gown and maybe a slight female shape. But I don't see what's so bad about it being male. How do you imagine a male Gardevoir to look like anyway?

Back on topic...

Mawile should've either been part Dark or pure Dark... it doesn't learn Steel moves that are offensive (I think), and its Sapphire equivalent is part Dark. Either way, its stats still stink :P

Seviper would have been SO cool if it was part Dark!

Altaria... this is a long shot... part Ice. If it learned maybe Icy Wind on its own, I could see this happening. But don't get on my case about this, I did say it was a long shot. I'm so sick of Dragon/Flying types...

Speaking of Icy Wind, Sneasel SHOULD NOT be an Ice type. It should be pure Dark or part Fighting.

Seviper should have been part dark ................

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Sneasel is better off pure dark... it's harder to be classified as "fighting" type if you use sharp claws in battle. The idea of "fighting" type is more like punches and kicks, not furiously scratching each other.

Seviper could have easily been dark type, as it learns crunch anyway. Plus in terms of literature the serpent is always considered as an "evil" being.

Spike Razzor

Years
Iveechan is there any Pokemon you think shouldn't be Fighting? XD!!!

And Pezz to me Khangaskhan dosn't look like a fighting type, its punch moves are all Normal. It has poor speed and most important it is in the the Monster group (in GSC) which are mainly heavy Dinosaur-like Pokemon that can't jump high, its prob called Khangaskhan because it has a pocket like a Kangaroo =3. The only Fighting move it can prob learn is Double Kick if it breeds with Nidoking. Maybe even more kicking moves if you breed it well. *thinks of Khangaskhan using high jump kick* ROTFLMAO!

Last edited:

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
Spike Razzor said:
Iveechan is there any Pokemon you think shouldn't be Fighting? XD!!!

And Pezz to me Khangaskhan dosn't look like a fighting type, its punch moves are all normal. It has poor speed and most importann it can't jump high, its prob called Khangaskhan because it hass a pocket like a Kangaroo =3. The only Fighting move it can prob learn is Double Kick if it breeds with Nidoking. Maybe even more kicking moves if you breed it good. *thinks of Khangaskhan using high jump kick* ROTFLMAO!

I agree with Pezz , Kangaskhan is a kangaroo , they fight , and genghis khan was a warrior aka fighter so theres the sense ^^

Spike Razzor

Years
Dizzy said:
I agree with Pezz , Kangaskhan is a kangaroo , they fight , and genghis khan was a warrior aka fighter so theres the sense ^^
Come on... Look at it, its big and slow... And the Nido evo's learn Double Kick and they turn into Poison/Ground not Posion/Fighting.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Kangaskan gives me the feeling of some type of dinosaur more than kangaroo... seriously... it's big, slow and sturdy. Kangaroo hops everywhere in speed of light...

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
Years
Kangaskhan is not that slow... mine's Speed was in the 250's, which is not high but sorta average. That's kinda like Girafarig's Speed. Kanga is pretty fast for the way it looks.

And Spike, did you not read my post carefully? I only suggested Sneasel be fighting. Whatever. It would still be neat if Electabuzz was part Fighting. It may not learn Fighting moves on its own, but they could tweak it, plus it can learn the brick break tm.

I would have loved it if Tyranitar was a Ground type instead of Rock. It would give it an Electric resistance. Let's see the weakness/resistance chart:

Rock/Dark
resistance: normal, fire, flying, ghost, dark, *psychic*
weakness: water, grass, ground, steel, FIGHTING, bug

Ground/Dark
resistance: poison, rock, ghost, dark, *electric*, *psychic*
weakness: water, grass, ice, bug, fighting

They have the same number of resistances, but being part Ground would give 'tar 2 immunities to relatively common types. Ground also has one less weakness and no double weaknesses. The only bad part is that it would have a common Ice weakness. STAB'ed Earthquake, w00t!

StellarWind

The Sylvan Saber
Years
Kangaskhan is a Marsupial, and it has several Kangaroo elements, but I doubt it's really a *kangaroo*.

I do agree with Ivee on the idea of Tyranitar. It indeed *should* have been part ground. Even its shell doesn't look too rocky.

Nyura... Pure dark. or Dark/Fighting. I don't know why it's half ice myself. (shrugs) -_-

Spike Razzor

Years
Iveechan said:
And Spike, did you not read my post carefully? I only suggested Sneasel be fighting. Whatever. It would still be neat if Electabuzz was part Fighting. It may not learn Fighting moves on its own, but they could tweak it, plus it can learn the brick break tm.
Yes I did, but im saying is that im getting the impresssiong that you think almost every Pokemon thats human-shaped or can stand on two legs should be part fighting, and concidering how many evil Psychic moves are out there waiting to land cheap hits is overwhelming. Take the move 'Psychic' it does way more than it says to almost all Pokemon (but dark).

Last edited:

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Kangaskhan has 299 speed with a neutral personality and full EVs.

It did a lot better when it had Curse, it had only one weakness and it was physical, had Roar to beat psuedohazers out. Now it has Early Bird for a one-turn Rest...

Tyranitar needs a lot of weaknesses, especially now that it has Dragon Dance. Everything but Latios that has Dragon Dance has a 4x weakness.

My Zapdos and a Tyranitar often faced off in a Thunderbolt/Rock Slide War if it came down to it. Although Miltank was the ultimate anti-Tyranitar, it probably isn't now due to Dragon Dance.

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
Years
Sneasel and Electabuzz doesn't really cover "all" standing up Pokemon. That's two. WHOOP DEE DOO! And Fighting is an excellent type, it can take down five types. Your argument is Psychic. If Sneasel was Dark/Fighting, then its only weaknesses would be Flying and Fighting and it would be immune to Psychic. A big improvement over being weak to fire, steel, rock, bug, and a double fighting weakness if I do say so myself.

Don't we have a million water and normal types already? Chhanging the types of a few Pokemon would be great.

Huntail to part Dark, Gorebyss to part Psychic.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Huntail shouldn't be part dark... it got a big mouth but then it uses pure physical attacks... (abuse that monstrosity stats man)... Better to have a physical STAB for the other type. Gorebyss indeed should be part psychic...

The denotation for Kangaskan maybe pretty speedy, but still the connotation for it is pretty slow and sturdy... it just doesn't *look* like the stats make sense for it...

Tyranitar lost rock type for ground? If that is true then the very next day you see Tyranitar bashing everything in sight on RSbot... Dragon Dance + STAB earthquake + excellent stats... oh dear. It's too terrifying to just imagine such a monster.

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
Years
Pffft, if the game can make monsters like Slaking, Blissey, Kyogre, and Kingdra, I'm sure making T-tar ground would be no problem.

Oh yes, I meant to mention earlier, Heracross is a fighter yet it doesn't kick or punch.

Back