• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Introducing...

Loocem

Thenn of Erebur
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2013
    Hello everyone! My name is Loocem, and hopefully I will be a big part of the Pokecommunity here in time. I hail from Texas. My favorite Pokemon is Scyther, and I would never evolve him into that nasty Scizor. I am not new to the forum game, as I was once a big part of several Neopets forums, TheForce.net, and am still occasionally active on The Elder Scrolls Wiki boards. I've been playing Pokemon longer than I remember. In fact, the first thing I ever bought with my own money was a Gameboy Advance with Pokemon Yellow version. I resisted buying Gen V games for a long time because of some irrational notion that the classics are the best and they're ruining the games... blah blah blah. But now that I have, Unova has already grown to be one of my favorite regions.

So that's a little about me, I look forward to meeting all of you.

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
    Years
    Welcome to PC! If you're really interested in GEN V, then you would probably be comfortable in the Black 2 White 2 sections of the forums, as well as the Battle Center and Trade Center. Anyway if you need any help, feel free to PM/VM me, and remember to read the Rules and FAQ.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    Hi Loocem!

Your username reminds me of Detective Loomis in the Halloween series xD

Anyways! Welcome to PC! Hope you enjoy your stay here :D

Loocem

Thenn of Erebur
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2013
    Interestingly, Lucian, I don't have the sequel games yet. I just bought Black two weeks ago, and finished it Tuesday. Sixty-five hours in the game. I need a job. xD But thank you for the welcome.

I don't guess I've seen that series, Jz. But thanks for welcoming me!

EDIT: I do have a couple of questions, what does DW and RNS mean?

Last edited:

Cid

Years
    I think DW means Dream World. But I haven't a clue what RNS means. I'll take a shot at the dark and say Ruby n' Sapphire. XD I know the abbreviation RNG though, if you're actually talking about that, it's the Random Number Generator used by the Pokémon games that is exploited or "abused" by certain fans to get the 'perfect' Pokémon. Google RNG abuse if you didn't know that yet and it piques your curiosity, or you could Google RNS if you really meant to say RNS, haha.

Back on track, hiya Loocem! I see that you're from Texas. I know that place is big, but it's also a very interesting place to live in I bet. I definitely agree with you that Scyther is awesome, I personally used one in HeartGold until the very end with Red and kept him in his green coat. Scizor's also pretty cool in my book, though, but we all have our tastes. :] Being used to forums will be a good boon! You'll know how people are expected to act, and pretty much know how to stick within the fences. Still, it wouldn't hurt to read the rules like Lucian said; you might find a certain rule unique to our place.

I also remember playing Neopets fondly (I assume you played because you were in a forum, haha), having a Lupe (that's the wolf-like Neopet, right?) that I really adored even way before reaching PC. It was pretty much my early life in the Internet. I'm also an old-timer when it comes to Pokémon, but I still enjoyed Unova a lot! And I'm glad to hear that you've warmed up to it, too. I heard you don't have the sequels yet, though! You should get them asap because I think it's only natural for a Pokémon fan who's played Black and White, haha. You even clocked in a lot of hours in that game, even finishing it in two weeks, whoa!

Anyway, welcome to PC! :D See you around these parts.

Loocem

Thenn of Erebur
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2013
    Thanks for the intro Cid! I assume that's from the Final Fantasy series? But yes, I meant RNG not RNS, not sure where I got that one from. But DW makes sense, however why are they in such high demand?

Of course! I read through those rules before my first post. I've been on the internet long enough to know not to trust my instincts, haha. But the community around here already seems pretty well put together, and I can't wait to get to know people and actually start partaking in activities.

Same here, I got my internet start on Neopets back in 2000. I had all the best pets and such, really expensive stuff. I suppose I liked it because it reminded me a lot of Pokemon. I plan on getting Black 2 when I can, but I'm crunched for money right now and I'd rather get myself SS first. But Pokemon is just as addicting as it's ever been, I beat the game with the most Pokemon in my Pokedex that I've had in finishing a game, over 100. Usually I get my team together in the beginning and don't change until I get to the legendaries you can catch, then come back around after winning to catch everything I missed. This time I was scouring bushes from the very beginning.

Years
    Hello everyone! My name is Loocem, and hopefully I will be a big part of the Pokecommunity here in time. I hail from Texas. My favorite Pokemon is Scyther, and I would never evolve him into that nasty Scizor. I am not new to the forum game, as I was once a big part of several Neopets forums, TheForce.net, and am still occasionally active on The Elder Scrolls Wiki boards. I've been playing Pokemon longer than I remember. In fact, the first thing I ever bought with my own money was a Gameboy Advance with Pokemon Yellow version. I resisted buying Gen V games for a long time because of some irrational notion that the classics are the best and they're ruining the games... blah blah blah. But now that I have, Unova has already grown to be one of my favorite regions.

So that's a little about me, I look forward to meeting all of you.

Hi Loocem, and welcome!

I have to say, you've been on a lot of forums prior to coming here. And I remember Neopets, it has faded in popularity since then but Pokemon was always my main interest. Glad to see you finally got into the 5th Generation games, they are my favorites! And good luck with playing Black 2, I plan on doing the same for Christmas.

Any reason as to why you joined? I mainly joined to interact with Pokemon fans but I have since found more places to hang out.

Have fun, and feel free to contact me or a mod anytime!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    Heya pal! Welcome to PC!
    Awesome that you like Scyther as well! ... Even though my face went like "OH NO HE DIDN'T" when called Scizor nasty... :p I love 'em both. XD

Anyway, I'm fairly sure you'll enjoy you're time here. The community is really nice, so you're bound to make friends fast enough. I'm mostly around the other trivia and game-development sections, you won't see me often if you're not into that. XD

Also to answer your question about the Dream World, DW Pokes often have abilities that are far superior to their normal ones. Like Blaziken getting Speed Boost, Zangoose with Toxic Boost etc.

See you 'round!

XerX

Team Mercury Leader
    Years
    Hey there! Welcome to PC! I'm fairly new here as well, and I do hope you enjoy the community as well as I have so far! (Why do you hate Scizor? ;A;)

Cheers!
    ~XerX

Loocem

Thenn of Erebur
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2013
    I never realised my Scizor comment would be so controversial. xD I don't hate him, I just highly prefer Scyther and would never even think of evolving mine.

Hikari: I suppose I joined because with the WFC I can finally connect to other people who share the interest in Pokemon I do. I never had any friends growing up that played the games as well, except one kid who moved away and one who went to Juvy. I'm also looking for a bud who I can count on to help me learn the real depth of competitive battling, and who will just help me get silly things done like evolving Gurdurr or Boldore.

Elarma: I really hadn't planned on going to the Game-Development section, simply because I didn't realise there would be one! I know C++ and Java, but just changed career plans to work in the medical field, so I'm actually really interested in what's being done in that forum.

Back