• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is English your native language?

Years
    Seeing as the last thread died in August and now thread of relations to this topic were posted in the last month, I decided to revive it. If I happened to miss that thread, mods feel free to lock this.

On-topic: No, my native language is Vietnamese.

Jordan.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    Yes my native language is english, which is quite helpful because i'm british

=)

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Nope, Tagalog is my native language. I was born and raised in the Philippines the first few years of my life.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015
    Northern Ireland, so yes.

But I can read a little French and Spanish. XD

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Yup, I was born in Michigan. But I am slowly learning Spanish.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Yes, I was born in th U.S., so naturally, my native language is English.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Yes, and I'm slowly learning French, too.

French/English are the only languages my family speaks.. :P

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I dont know exactly. I knew another language at age 2 but then forgot it completely and learned English really fast. xD

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Yeah..But my parents are like, stereotypically Mexican, so we speak Spanish around my house..it's not actually Spanish, it's a mutilated, ghetto variation of the Spanish language thrown in with english and Portuguese words ._.

By stereotypical, I mean like..dude, we had an effing pinata on thanksgiving T.T

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    So, you basically speak Spanglish, as we like to say :laugh:

Oh? Regarding this thread's topic, my native language is Spanish, while my net language is English (just 'cause I get a bit tired of Spanish, actually -_-)

Years
    Yes. I've lived all around the world, but I'm pretty American. :D Which probably made the people in the countries we lived in very sad. But that's my fault for not learning about their culture. *sigh*

The only other language I can halfway talk in is German. I'm nowhere near fluent, but I understand a bit of it.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Mmm yeah I learned English first and born in America. Learning Spanish in school since it would so fit meh ugleh latina appearance~ Or should fly for German or Russian or god w/e.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Nah, my native language is not english, but im a fluent speaker of englich and I can speak english better than my own native language and even more fluent, But I can also speak alot of variety of different languages like french and other languages.

~Celebi

Last edited:
    Back