• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Is it me, or did the 4th gen have too many new evolutions?

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    I just stoped caring some time in the 4th gen. I think that it was mostly that I don't like the new style of pokemon, but this is another factor that turned me off. I think that nintendo is just going for the quick money. It's kind of like how a pilot episode of a show is usually better than the later episodes.

GreenLanturn

Interior Crocodile Fraligatr
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    @nickoftime i think you missed the entire point of the what the guy you quoted said.

In no way was he going and insulting the fourth gen, he was just saying there was no need to add a pre evo. and he wasstnt complaining about sprites, he was saying he didnt like the design of some of them in general.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2014
    There was a fairly amount of eveolutions but they were pretty good.
    I expect more evolutions of older pokemon to come out such as Milktank, or Tauros.

Humph...

Ice-Dragon DESTROYER
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I liked them all thought that a few pokemon were left out that needed new evos like qwilfish poor thing I completely forget about it most of the time

I also forget about that qwilfish almost always, but also sableye and mawile... oh poor weak pokemon without an evolution...:P

There was a fairly amount of eveolutions but they were pretty good.
    I expect more evolutions of older pokemon to come out such as Milktank, or Tauros.

extra eeveelutions(not from kanto) have come in pairs in generation II and IV, so I expect to see 2 new eeveelutions in Black and White.

Last edited:

GreenLanturn

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    extra eeveelutions(not from kanto) have come in pairs in generation II and IV, so I expect to see 2 new eeveelutions in Black and White.

i kinda hope they skip new eeveelutions in B&W and go for pokeomn that really need new evolutions. I think farfecthed and many others really need an Evo way before we get another eevee one.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I think Gen 4 will be known as the 'evolution' as I call it generation considering it had so many new evos for older pokemon. Not enough in my opinion though! I think all of the new evolutions were good except for Magmortar. Just a mehh pokemon right there that in my opinion made a mockery out of Magmortar.

GreenLanturn

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    I think Gen 4 will be known as the 'evolution' as I call it generation considering it had so many new evos for older pokemon. Not enough in my opinion though! I think all of the new evolutions were good except for Magmortar. Just a mehh pokemon right there that in my opinion made a mockery out of Magmortar.

I feel bad for Magmortar, Before evolving he was one of the most loved pokemon of the first gen. I really think they messed up on him.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    I think snorlax was ok without that preevolution (I mean, it doesn't mean anything, you would evolve it anyway).

most of the evolutions have dumb looks (poor lickitung... he was so cool...)

I think it made sense they made a pre evo for it, can you imagine something weighing a ton from birth?

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    I hated most of the new evolutions except for like Rhyperior. They all look so stupid. Probopass? Lickilicky? Come on guys!

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    I hated most of the new evolutions except for like Rhyperior. They all look so stupid. Probopass? Lickilicky? Come on guys!

I agree with you there, although I am not a fan of Rhyperior. I do, however, love Mismagius, and am not sorry that it was created. It's my new favorite Pokemon along with Meowth.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    Well at the time I didn't really like Magmortar but 4 years later it finally grew on me so I guess I'm ok with all the new evolutions they added :)

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

ah some of them were great i mean honchkrow, mismagius, roserade, leafeon + glaceon and electivire were great

Ruin Maniac

Booshka
    Years
    I don't think they've made too many new evolutions, just stupid ones for pre-existing pokemon I.E: Probopass, Lickylicky and Yanmega. To be honest, they should've brought out new evolution lines, not just pimping up old pointless pokemon. At the very least, they could've given evolutions to the pokemon that needed them, like Farfetch'd. SERIOUSLY, what is the point of that pokemon!?!?!?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    With new generations, comes new evolutions. It's expected for more and more to come. After all, we've got to catch 'em all! xD;
    I really don't mind. I mean some of them are actually very cool/fierce looking and have good stats and appearance.

To be honest, I think some of the 5th generation pokémon just look like monsters.
    But otherwise, I really don't mind at all and I actually like the all the new evolutions. It either made a pokémon more fierce looking or more cute. :3

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I am just curious how long gamefreak and pokemon can keep going with new pokemon its been 15 years now.I give it 5 more maybe.

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
    I think they were great additions, and the only pokemon in Gen IV is Probopass, but, that is expected. xD

I am just curious how long gamefreak and pokemon can keep going with new pokemon its been 15 years now.I give it 5 more maybe.

I mean, it's not that hard to think of pokemon.... Ok, a bee. Let's give it electrical powers. Tada! We've got Buzzap.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2010
    Nah, I don't think that there were too many evos. They just had to add new evolution stages to some old pokemon for the sake of updating the game, I think.

Back