• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Lillie a disappointment?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I will not give Lillie a break. Ash is a real trainer unlike her. And i disagree. May had far more development than Lillie ever did in my opinion.

That is an opinion. As far as i am concerned Misty and May are far superior to Lillie in every way in my opinion.

Stop going by your opinion blindly and just look at the facts: May was a terrible character, who's literal starting episode and personality pretty much spat on the entire POINT of being a Pokémon Trainer (if she really hated Pokémon, why did she even bother entering the Pokémon Trainer profession in the first place? There are plenty of characters who travel without Pokémon. Just look at Seymour the Scientist back in Kanto), and her development was completely cheap as well. Lillie, on the other hand, actually DOES have a good reason to be terrified of Pokémon due to what Lusamine put her through, and she actually had a natural development in getting rid of her fear, even having Pokémon of her own now. Oh, and did I mention she got Nebby to evolve into Solgaleo, which was a pretty important plot point on its own?

And BTW, up until Episode 43, we didn't get ANY focus on Ash's goal of Pokémon Master. Instead, he's been screwing around with school, if even that, was pretty much aimless. If you're going to denounce Lillie as "not a trainer", you must denounce Ash as such by that same token (I don't have a problem with Lana or even Mallow, either, for the record.).

Now, I will say that, as much as Lillie's had good development thus far, she definitely doesn't hold a candle to Misty. That bit we CAN find common ground on.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I'm so happy with Lillie's developments right now-- She's able to start hugging and touching every Pokemon, Solgaleo and her faces touching were so, touching.

Her helping with Gladion during the battle against Totem Kommo-o was excellent, it shows she's starting to learn how to battle, from someone whom can't even handle a Pokemon, it helped.

Can't wait to see more of her and Nebby and the Ultra Wormhole as well as Lusamine the upcoming episodes, it's getting pretty exciting.

995.jpg

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Haters are going to hate I guess even though Misty and May sucked way worse than Lillie has ever been.

I'll agree with you regarding May, but not with Misty. Misty's definitely one of the better characters, and while I do think Lillie's one of the better female leads in the anime (tying with Iris, as a matter of fact, and I find Iris far more tolerable than May and Dawn, or Serena, for that matter), she ultimately pales in comparison to Misty. Misty, Iris, and Lillie are in fact my top 3 (if I were to include Lana and Mallow, they'd be my top five as well).

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2022
    I will not give Lillie a break. Ash is a real trainer unlike her. And i disagree. May had far more development than Lillie ever did in my opinion.

That is an opinion. As far as i am concerned Misty and May are far superior to Lillie in every way in my opinion.

I don't think you can call Ash a real trainer ... if it was season one, somewhere towards Blaine, than yeah sure but now spreading over many seasons/regions/etc, you can't call him a trainer anymore.
    He's just a character portraying what you or the ten year old you, whoever's watching, should/would be and just like real life, he's getting dumber over time. I have 2 little brothers who are now 8-9 years old and I honestly thought they were just behind from when I was that age but apparently it's not just them, their entire school(s) (they went to multiple already, moving and shiz) are way behind in what and how they're teaching which obviously shows in the children as well, again, from when I was their age. At their age I was able to fully dress myself, tie my own shoes, ride a bike, speak 2 languages (dutch and english), know and understand games, as well as use several software very effectively. Nowadays many children that age can't tie their own shoes, which honestly surprised me. They know how to use a tablet for social media and stuff but basic things are to hard for them.

I'll agree with you regarding May, but not with Misty. Misty's definitely one of the better characters, and while I do think Lillie's one of the better female leads in the anime (tying with Iris, as a matter of fact, and I find Iris far more tolerable than May and Dawn, or Serena, for that matter), she ultimately pales in comparison to Misty. Misty, Iris, and Lillie are in fact my top 3 (if I were to include Lana and Mallow, they'd be my top five as well).

Honestly, and this goes for the following message I'm quoting, I don't know how much she's changed in the anime, since I follow the english dub one, but so far every single time she gets screen time, I want to stop watching. Her voice alone is so annoying that it makes me want to punch her straight in the throat. Not a single character has ever made me stress out as much as she has ... and that with her voice alone. I kind of forgot how she sounds in Japanese ... [some google minutes later] ... better but doesn't feel to fitting in a way. The series on the other hand (except for her) is actually quite enjoyable. I gotta say best one since gen 1 imo. Ash was frustrating at first cuz again, mentioned above, he's as dumb as a brick ... but the overall feel off the anime feels like something fresh, just like the feeling gen 1 gave me back in the days.

PS: Lana is by far my favorite from SuMo (anime).

I'm so happy with Lillie's developments right now-- She's able to start hugging and touching every Pokemon, Solgaleo and her faces touching were so, touching.

Her helping with Gladion during the battle against Totem Kommo-o was excellent, it shows she's starting to learn how to battle, from someone whom can't even handle a Pokemon, it helped.

Can't wait to see more of her and Nebby and the Ultra Wormhole as well as Lusamine the upcoming episodes, it's getting pretty exciting.

995.jpg

Honestly .... spoiler alerts, geez, good thing my memory is as long as .... what was I talking about again?
    While that was obviously a joke, my memory is really bad for certain things.

I do have to say, I'm glad to hear that she's improving in that way. I definitely like the game Lillie so hearing that she's going more in that direction is definitely something to put my mind at peace :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    Lillie has not gotten better in either games and anime in my opinion. She still does nothing in both and contributes nothing to Ash's group. I don't why the female companions have gotten worse. It started with Iris, carried on to Serena and now Lillie.

I prefer Mallow and Lana to be Ash's only female companions of Alola.

All she does is being a background character to me. I don't like her at all. She is not even a real trainer in my opinion. So i am entitled to make an opinion that she does nothing in the show. I can't wait for Alola series to end.

Misty and Iris were far more better then May and Dawn put together, these two female characters May and Dawn are so underrated.

Lillie might not be a perfect female character ,but she was a whole lot better then May who had no good reason being a Pokemon trainer in the first place, because she hated Pokemon and her character was not as good as Misty's were. Lillie is trying to save her mom Lusamine who is the big bad as of right now due to being under the Ultra Beasts control, she is doing something a lot more better then May who really suck.

If you don't like Lillie then that's fine, just don't watch the anime anymore.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Misty and Iris were far more better then May and Dawn put together, these two female characters May and Dawn are so underrated.

Lillie might not be a perfect female character ,but she was a whole lot better then May who had no good reason being a Pokemon trainer in the first place, because she hated Pokemon and her character was not as good as Misty's were. Lillie is trying to save her mom Lusamine who is the big bad as of right now due to being under the Ultra Beasts control, she is doing something a lot more better then May who really suck.

Don't you mean "overrated" (since I suspect the "underrated" comment was in reference to May and Dawn)?

But yeah, agreed completely with you. I don't mind Lana or Mallow, though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    Don't you mean "overrated" (since I suspect the "underrated" comment was in reference to May and Dawn)?

But yeah, agreed completely with you. I don't mind Lana or Mallow, though.

I mean May and Dawn are underrated ( not overrated ). Mallow and Lana are pretty good characters.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I mean May and Dawn are underrated ( not overrated ). Mallow and Lana are pretty good characters.

Wait, I thought "underrated" meant that someone thought a concept was pretty good while the vast majority had either lukewarm or extremely negative responses, while "overrated" meant someone thought a concept was bad while the vast majority had overwhelmingly positive reception? Since you made clear May and Dawn weren't good characters, I thought the term "overrated" was better applied there?

And yeah, Lana and Mallow definitely were fairly good, even if they weren't leads. Hopefully Lana will be able to get Misty to resume her Water Pokémon Master goal. We can definitely agree that Lillie's not a waste of a character by any stretch, especially not now, heck, even before the AF arc in fact.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    Wait, I thought "underrated" meant that someone thought a concept was pretty good while the vast majority had either lukewarm or extremely negative responses, while "overrated" meant someone thought a concept was bad while the vast majority had overwhelmingly positive reception? Since you made clear May and Dawn weren't good characters, I thought the term "overrated" was better applied there?

And yeah, Lana and Mallow definitely were fairly good, even if they weren't leads. Hopefully Lana will be able to get Misty to resume her Water Pokémon Master goal. We can definitely agree that Lillie's not a waste of a character by any stretch, especially not now, heck, even before the AF arc in fact.

Lillie has been getting character development way before the AF arc even started, she is a fine character that will be getting even more character development, now that she have to fight the Ultra Beast that has her mom under their control and save her aswell.

Lillie is a really good female character..

Lana and Mallow are both great female characters.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Stop going by your opinion blindly and just look at the facts: May was a terrible character, who's literal starting episode and personality pretty much spat on the entire POINT of being a Pokémon Trainer (if she really hated Pokémon, why did she even bother entering the Pokémon Trainer profession in the first place? There are plenty of characters who travel without Pokémon. Just look at Seymour the Scientist back in Kanto), and her development was completely cheap as well. Lillie, on the other hand, actually DOES have a good reason to be terrified of Pokémon due to what Lusamine put her through, and she actually had a natural development in getting rid of her fear, even having Pokémon of her own now. Oh, and did I mention she got Nebby to evolve into Solgaleo, which was a pretty important plot point on its own?

And BTW, up until Episode 43, we didn't get ANY focus on Ash's goal of Pokémon Master. Instead, he's been screwing around with school, if even that, was pretty much aimless. If you're going to denounce Lillie as "not a trainer", you must denounce Ash as such by that same token (I don't have a problem with Lana or even Mallow, either, for the record.).

Now, I will say that, as much as Lillie's had good development thus far, she definitely doesn't hold a candle to Misty. That bit we CAN find common ground on.
    No. That is your opinion. Your opinion is not facts. May is superior to Lillie in every way. Lillie has not gotten any development. That is why alola is failing in my opinion. Ash is a real pokemon trainer. Lillie is not. All my opinion.

I don't think you can call Ash a real trainer ... if it was season one, somewhere towards Blaine, than yeah sure but now spreading over many seasons/regions/etc, you can't call him a trainer anymore.
    He's just a character portraying what you or the ten year old you, whoever's watching, should/would be and just like real life, he's getting dumber over time. I have 2 little brothers who are now 8-9 years old and I honestly thought they were just behind from when I was that age but apparently it's not just them, their entire school(s) (they went to multiple already, moving and shiz) are way behind in what and how they're teaching which obviously shows in the children as well, again, from when I was their age. At their age I was able to fully dress myself, tie my own shoes, ride a bike, speak 2 languages (dutch and english), know and understand games, as well as use several software very effectively. Nowadays many children that age can't tie their own shoes, which honestly surprised me. They know how to use a tablet for social media and stuff but basic things are to hard for them.
    Ash is a real pokemon trainer. Lillie is not in my opinion.

That is an opinion and not fact. Iris is one of the three worst characters. Serena and Lillie are the other two worst characters. All my opinion.

Misty, May and Dawn will always be superior in my opinion.

Last edited:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • No. That is your opinion. Your opinion is not facts. May is superior to Lillie in every way. Lillie has not gotten any development. That is why alola is failing in my opinion. Ash is a real pokemon trainer. Lillie is not.

The same words right back at you: "No. That is your opinion. Your opinion is not facts.". If you're not open to others' opinions then I don't see why others should be respecting your's.

Can't wait to see how Lillie will start helping out with the rescue of Lusamine next, it's getting so exciting and I love how she and Vulpix has been helping out so much right now!

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    The same words right back at you: "No. That is your opinion. Your opinion is not facts.". If you're not open to others' opinions then I don't see why others should be respecting your's.
    I never said my opinion is facts. Read my post. It says in my opinion. Don't put words in my mouth.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Alexander18 clearly states that he doesn't agree with some other opinions here and that what he is stating is simply his own opinions. Again and again he states this, so I hope the rest of you can respect that and not get triggered and say that it sound like he's shoving his opinions on you as facts.

This thread is formulated as a question and you are all allowed to answer it. If you can debate in a civil way, that can be a fun thing to do, but if one side refuses to see the points of the other side, it is rather clear that no common conclusion can be made, isn't it? Better to just shrug and drop it then, and be content with having stated your own opinion.

/mod

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • When it comes to debates and having your "own" opinions, basically people look at everything then post their opinions, not just 'because I hate a certain who-and-who so that person is a disappointment, is not worth being in the game, is not worth being part of the group in the anime and in the game'.

Heck, I disliked so many characters here and there but your hating on a character does not define whether he or she is important in a game, or a show or whatever, or not. You don't see anyone else going around saying "omgosh I hate you-and-him-and-her so they are a huge disappointment and that they shouldn't exist at all.".

It's not about whether the people here are triggered because of what someone said, but with a baseless ground accusation saying she is a disappointment just because that someone doesn't like that character, putting in "Oh this is just solely my opinion so respect that", then whelp.

When it comes to a civil way, anyone can back track right from the start, actually, IN EVERY THREADS THIS GUY HAD POSTED IN-- everyone were "debating" nicely until someone start quoting others' opinions, stuff their's down their throats and then cry bully when the others replied back with their own arguments that they don't agree with him, and yes, we call that civil because whoever cried victim first wins, obviously. If he can disagree with us, naturally we can do the same.

Oh yes, these are solely all my opinions here too so don't get triggered. You're free to infract me with warning and whatever, I am out if that's what you meant by a civilised community saying everyone else are being rude and being triggered. Someone don't get banned so many a time within less than a few months in this community for no reasons whatsoever. For me whom have been here for years and years, I had never met someone like this, and yet the mods are asking us whom actually acted nice and tolerated his behaviour only to be called people whom are triggered. NAISE.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Actually, that time when Alexander was banned, Pokemon Anime was very quiet and many of you weren't making posts that time. It's like you're waiting for Alexander to come back and argue with him again. Alexander clearly said his opinion and you must respect it. We don't tolerate disrespect to other members here.

Last edited:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Actually, that time when Alexander was banned, Pokemon Anime was very quiet and many of you weren't making posts that time. It's like you're waiting for Alexander to come back and argue with him again. Alexander clearly said his opinion and you must respect it. We don't tolerate disrespect to other members here.

Why don't you have a look at probably Ultra Sun and Moon subthreads as well?
    Unless you had an in depth idea on how much disrespects he had shown to everyone on the forum as well as the fact that we had chose to ignore and respect him right from the start, it all ended up ugly, then please don't say that "We don't tolerate disrespect to other members here.". If so, why aren't we getting the respects we deserved from him as well? It's a give and take situation, don't comment until you've seen it for yourself clear and good.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Why don't you have a look at probably Ultra Sun and Moon subthreads as well?
    Unless you had an in depth idea on how much disrespects he had shown to everyone on the forum as well as the fact that we had chose to ignore and respect him right from the start, it all ended up ugly, then please don't say that "We don't tolerate disrespect to other members here.". If so, why aren't we getting the respects we deserved from him as well? It's a give and take situation, don't comment until you've seen it for yourself clear and good.
    You are really just derailing the thread with this. If you want to dispute a staff decision, message them directly (me or Kostas in this case) and if you can't get a satisfying explanation there, you can message an admin and they can look at the staffer's conduct in detail. But arguing about it in a Pokémon Anime thread is not the way to go.

I'll PM you and we can talk more about this if you want, but this thread is not titled "Is Alexander18 a disappointment?" so move on here.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    No. That is your opinion. Your opinion is not facts. May is superior to Lillie in every way. Lillie has not gotten any development. That is why alola is failing in my opinion. Ash is a real pokemon trainer. Lillie is not. All my opinion.

Ash is a real pokemon trainer. Lillie is not in my opinion.

That is an opinion and not fact. Iris is one of the three worst characters. Serena and Lillie are the other two worst characters. All my opinion.

Misty, May and Dawn will always be superior in my opinion.

Maybe my view on May IS an opinion, but what is an undeniable FACT is that May started off hating Pokémon, despite her profession of Pokémon Trainer not allowing for such a thing to occur (May explicitly stated she hated Pokémon. And it's also explicitly stated multiple times in the past that if you are to be a Pokémon Trainer, you have to bond with Pokémon over a long period of time, which essentially means you need to like Pokémon to even bother with the training). Not to mention she hated them despite literally growing up with them due to her dad being the Petalburg Gym Leader (again, that's a fact because, well, Ash actually attempts to fight Norman first before getting his butt handed to him).

And tell me something, if Ash was truly a "real" Pokémon trainer in Alola, why is it that he hasn't been doing any gyms or, heck, even trying to make the effort to do the trial challenges? Ash in prior sagas, even BW, one of the worst sagas ever, at least made an effort to go to the next gym.

And BTW, you can't simply dismiss the undeniable facts of how May is an extremely flawed character or even how Ash isn't a real trainer in Alola with shoutdowns of "your opinion". We gave you plenty of evidence from the show directly proving it is actual fact and not mere opinion. I mean, what, are you going to next claim that not being able to sprout wings and fly is "my opinion" as well and then jump off a building? Besides, mathematics deals strictly with facts, NOT opinions.

Either way, to get the thread right back on track, Lillie definitely isn't a disappointment at all, especially not during the Aether Foundation arc, or heck, even before then. Even if I utterly hated her guts, I'd STILL say she isn't a disappointment at all, albeit in a grudging manner.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Guys, stay a little more on topic please. If you want to talk about May, feel free to make a thread or find an existing one about her. Also, I really don't get what the problem is. She didn't like Pokemon at first but then, (before Ash won his first badge) she loved them. Also I don't get how this is evidence. Also Ash cleared Melemele's and Akala's Island Trials, didn't he?

Back