• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is missingno TYPE:null ?

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    In pokemon sun and moon trailer there is a strang pokemon known as TYPE:null.

I was thinking, you can transfer pokemon from R/B/Y from virtual console versions can you transfer missingno?

If you can TYPE:null might be a transfered missingo.

What do you think?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I was wondering about Missingno as well. But I'm not sure it'll be able to go through Pokemon Bank considering that it's a glitch. I think that Type:Null is just another artificial Pokemon, and I'm not sure if Missingno truly "exists" in the Pokemon world.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    I think it's more likely that if MissingNo. is in the game that it'd be a Ultra Beast.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Missingno will surely not get past Pokemon Bank - it's not a legitimate Pokemon, merely a glitch that has only appeared in one generation. I'm quite confident Type: Null and co will be separate to that part of Pokemon history.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I'd honestly love if The Pokémon Company did something special to Missingno when you transfer it through Bank, whether it be turning into to Type: Null, or maybe some other Pokémon theorized to be it like Deoxys.

However, as others said, I doubt they'd even let Missingno through.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Huh that's crazy, but I doubt it. We never saw missing no reference in the past (except for that xy thing)

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    They could of changed the VC release by fixing the glitchs but they decided to keep em like that knowing the bank transfers.

Also there's not just one MissingNo but multiple variants.

The Oranguru Way

ukulelel
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they fix the Missingno. glitch for the VC release? I can see no reason that they wouldn't have.

Years
  • Actually Missingno isn't a glitch, it's an intentionally placed error handler. It was put in the game so that in the event that an encounter would be a pokemon that didn't exist, it would pop up instead and save your game from freezing.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • I would love it so much if it was, but thinking about it Type:Null is an artificially made Pokemon in Sun and Moon, BUUUUUT

Missingno was the cover for most for most of the Johto Pokemon that were taken out of the index right? What if when you trade one it doesnt just stop, it actually makes it into a legitimate Johto mon? Maybe level it down in some way(to level 1 or level 100 or roll it over so instead of 150 its now 50?) but keep the moves probably but i mean?? This makes more sense about Game Freak than Type:Null being Missingno but at the same time Missingno being blocked makes even more sense.. :(

Back