• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is smoking cool?

Are you for it or against it

• Yes

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • No

Votes: 86 89.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 5.2%

• Total voters
    Years
    Smoking is NOT cool.
    Smoking is dreadly... smoking can kill you. It might look cool around your class mates or it may seem cool to your class mates but they are seriously wrong... one day they will get ill because of all the smoking they have done in their life time...

And like Jedi_Amara said it wastes your money.

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    Smoking is NOT cool at all, for one, it's dangerously unhealthy, and two, it's scary, esspeccially when it gets to the point of your brother begging you to tell him where your mother hid the ciggarettes...
    And ofcourse you could always make use of your money by giving it to a charity instead of wasting it on ciggarettes...
    Basicly, no, not cool at all, makes me glad they're starting to ban people from smoking in public places in my town :D.
    note: if this did not make sense; I was basicly saying it's not cool :P

FireEmporer

I win. You lose.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 3, 2006
    Are you kidding? SMOKING IS AWESOME! What could be cooler than Lung cancer!? OR Second hand smoke? NOTHING! Except companies selling rolled up suicide to children.

THis has been your daily dose of sarcasm presented by cookies, the letter P, and FireEmporer. That will be all.

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
    Oh yes, it is very cool...if you want to die a painful death. I'm sorry, but I'd rather inhale clean air, thank-you-very-much. For my lungs to turn black like ash and tar, GROSS! I want to live as long as I can, and smoking will only shorten my lifespan.

I pity those who smoke, for they cannot stop. And most of the people who smoke want to stop, and I hope that they find a way.

Thank you and Good Night!

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    o_o What is it with people thinking that all smokers only do/start it to be "cool"? People smoke for all sorts of different reasons outside of trying to be "cool."

I know that's probably not what everything thinks, but it just seemed implied in most posts that people seem to think people smoke only to be cool. Anyway, the poll itself asks if you're against it or not, but the title of the thread itself is about if it's cool, so that might just be why.

Gah...

Whatever the case, I'm not going to bother going any further with the "cool" deal about smoking, but I will say that I'm not for smoking, although I've developed a liking for the smell. So I'll vote maybe since I won't do it, but I like the smell.

Meh...I'll say one last thing. Schools need to change their little anti-smoking propaganda thing. They all shove that stuff about people only doing it to be cool in elementary school.

And I'm done with my little rant...

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2009
    This is what it told my friend:
    Anyone who smokes sucks on there butt (The back of a cigarett), I don't care who they are: Aunt, Uncle, Mom, Dad, ect. and people that think that sharing cigarett smoke is 'romantic' they must also like to lick their butts and then lick each others butt, now does that seem cool?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Smoking isn't cool.

All the other members have ther reasons nicely summed up, so I won't repeat them.

Not sure where smoking even picked up the "cool" connotation. 0_o;

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    They aren't just make disease for your own body but also for another person who take a breath near smoker (passive smoker). Some mie tell that to be smoker is better than passive smoker because passive smoker has more chance to get lung cancer, he is idiot. If all people think like him then everyone will be smoke.

i DISAGREE

Years
    Smoking is WAY uncool. I thought it was, cool, but, I was wrong.
    Makes you smell bad.
    I did it mostly because other people were doing it.
    But it wasn't shoik.
    Not nice. I recommend to others, please.
    DON'T SMOKE.
    I think some say it's an aquired taste.
    But it's all bull****.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Fags* give me headaches, and they stink, my best friend smokes, it's hard to quit, she doesent like it, smoking takes control.

weather it looks cool is a differant thing, y sprite character smokes since he's sorta based on sanji, but bit sometimes suits a character to have a fag

*fag=cigerate

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
    Its going to eventually kill you....there's no reason to smoke anyway...it makes you smell bad, your teeth go bad etc. etc. and not to mention it hurts those around you...which isn't good..

Envy

+l+Mystifying+l+
    Years
    I do not agree with smoking! Smoking is really bad.My family mamber is already puting coke into beer and drinking it at the same time with smoking.He did it in front of everyone but his parents,he did it in front of his sister! I hate him now for doing such a s***** thing.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    No, i don't think smoking is cool at all! @@ It ruins your body.. ._. not to mention that i think i'm allergic to the smoke.. ._. my dad smokes.. and if i'm near him.. i can't breathe.. @@ like.. my throat closes up and a start wheezing and everything..
    .__. I find it really disgusting when a girl smokes though.. like.. at weddings or something.. and they're all glammed up.. and they look so proper and dainty.. and then they stick this nasty cigarette in their mouth and start puffing this dirty smoke from their lungs..
    just.. ick..
    ._. IMO it's definately not cool!!

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    I'll be dammed to hell if I am ever to waste my money on a bunch of sticks that'll make my teeth go bad. :p I want to be good lookin forever. lol

Besides, I don't think no dude would like to french a guy that has yellow teeth. :/

Steeleon

The Lovable Goof
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2006
    I CANNOT stand smoking. Now matter what anyone says, smoking will never make you cool. If you ask me, it makes you uncool. It is so disgusting! I have a friend who smokes and whenever she is around I can smell cigarettes. I hate it >.<! Not too mention how much of a turn off it is. I can remember I had the BIGGEST crush on this girls in my 8th grade English Class. She was beautiful, nice, smart (well maybe not THAT smat is she was smoking). And then I can remember when I was talking to her she mentioned the fact that she smoked, I instantly lost interest in her.

Back