• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Island Scan

Years
    Pokemon Sun & Moon includes a new feature to scan QR Codes, and scanning a certain number of them will allow you to catch special Pokemon normally not found in Alola. Once you scan enough QR Codes, you can then activate Island Scan on the island you are currently at where you'll have one hour to find that rare Pokemon. Each Pokemon is found on a certain island on a certain day of the week, and they also mostly come knowing a special egg move as well.

Here's a list of the Island Scan Pokemon for your information, sorted by island. Egg moves that the Pokemon know are listed in brackets.

Melemele Island
    Spoiler:

Akala Island
    Spoiler:

Ula'ula Island
    Spoiler:

Poni Island
    Spoiler:

Alola Dex QR Codes: https://the-alola-walkthrough.tumblr.com/post/153673486074/full-list-of-qr-codes

So, have you caught any of these Pokemon? Or if you haven't, are you intending to catch them? What do you think of the QR scanning feature in general?

blue

gucci
    Years
    I really need to get to a around to using this, I didn't really realie that it allows you to access Pokemon that aren't usually found in Alola. I haven't tried it as of yet but I think it's a great way to utilise the 3DS QR scanner.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I've caught all the Island Scan pokemon. As expected, it took 28 days; 1 for each pokemon. I think the selection is okay; you've popular pokemon such as Axew, Honedge, the Johto starters and Deino all pretty early on, so one can use them on their team.
    The QR scanning feature is very interesting, allowing for timeless events such as the Magearna one which lasts theoretically forever. Unfortunately, from what I've read, there isn't any other event like that, so Marshadow is probably a wifi distribution.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    I'm not much of a fan of the Island Scan feature. While it allows us to find Pokémon not native to Alola, it's limited to just that, you can only do it once a day, and you need to scan 100 points worth of QR Codes. I'm even more disappointed that some Pokémon still aren't available, like Ralts...or Gligar.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2020
    I just went to a website that generates QR Codes and generated 10, makes things a lot easier. I'd say its cheating but I don't take my DS out with me and there's few codes at home.

www.scan.me if anyone wants to use it.

Years
    I think this was a great idea and a great way to allow players to catch a variety of older Pokemon too. I used to get a Horsea at the start of the game and have been using it ever since :)

Years
    I'm not much of a fan of the Island Scan feature. While it allows us to find Pokémon not native to Alola, it's limited to just that, you can only do it once a day, and you need to scan 100 points worth of QR Codes. I'm even more disappointed that some Pokémon still aren't available, like Ralts...or Gligar.

That is a notable issue you brought up, because I felt the Pokemon selection could have been better, like have Pokemon that weren't so easily available in the 6th Gen games. The fact you have to wait 20 hours to have all your scans regenerate makes it a lengthy process as well if you plan to catch all of the Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2020
    Ahh I love the Island scan xx, it's where I was able to get Chandelure (<3333) and Aegislash. They picked some pretty neat Pokemon to put in it and because of it I was able to have my favorite Ghost type in my Moon copy to complete the story with, very nice of you to do this helpful thread. ^-^

Back