• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] It’s almost time! Who will be getting their copy this weekend?

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    UPS is delivering my copy of Shield tomorrow from Amazon. A $10 credit that I can use for music sealed the deal for me.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • It’s almost time! Who will be getting their copy this weekend?

Got mine! Can't wait to play once I am done with my brunch!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Midnight release at the local game shop, baby! Froze my ass off but it was worth it. (´▽`ʃƪ)♡

Phyrrhic

It's not very effective...
    Years
  • This is the first console Pokemon game I will be skipping since Gen 2, which i only missed because i could hardly talk, let alone play Pokemon.

I feel like I will be missing out, but the nostalgia is not enough to make me overlook the glaring flaws present in the game. Aside from the poor graphical quality and vast amounts of cut content, I simply do not see that the games fixed the problems of the last generation which utterly destroyed my enjoyment of the games.

I will likely buy it when it goes on sale soon or when people inevitably sell it back to gamestop/another re-seller.

I hope that all who did buy it enjoy it, but ill keep my fingers crossed that poor reception forces TPCI to make some seriously needed changes for the better.

Years
  • Still waiting on mine, think it's coming tomorrow only arrived in my city to be sorted at the depot when it should of been delivered, bit annoyed

Last edited:
    Years
  • unfortunately not me. :< i was going to, but... i hit a few snags here and there so im getting the games perhaps next weekend instead of this one.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    My copy showed up (physical), but now I'm afraid to start it without a fix for the SD-wiping glitch (exFAT issue?). I know the issue seems to be rarer in physical copies, but there have been some reports in physical as well as digital, and I don't want to wipe out my screenshots, demos that can't be redownloaded anymore (I think there are a couple), etc.

So, now I can't decide whether to start this weekend or not. It looks like it took over a week for the Lumiose glitch patch in XY, and I don't know if this one will even get fixed or not.

Years
  • My copy showed up (physical), but now I'm afraid to start it without a fix for the SD-wiping glitch (exFAT issue?). I know the issue seems to be rarer in physical copies, but there have been some reports in physical as well as digital, and I don't want to wipe out my screenshots, demos that can't be redownloaded anymore (I think there are a couple), etc.

So, now I can't decide whether to start this weekend or not. It looks like it took over a week for the Lumiose glitch patch in XY, and I don't know if this one will even get fixed or not.

same here. even though i'm probably getting a physical copy, im hesitant to play until Game Freak/Nintendo sends out a fix of some sort. @__@

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • You can always back up your screenshots and shift demos to your main switch harddrive rather than SD card.

I got a review code. :B Gotta play a bunch more for that!

Back