• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It was all Crystal, leave Gen III alone!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ok, I've noticed a lot of people's gripes towards R/S tend to come towards the sheer amount of legends, and how legendary-centric plots have been from then onwards. However, aren't those guys forgetting something?

You could say G/S started it...however I'd disagree, as you didn't have to encounter Ho-oh and Lugia at all to complete the main plotline.

In Crystal, however, it all revolved around Suicune, and you had to go into Bell Tower to challenge it before you could go to the Elite Four, as far as I know. So, basically, R/S followed the example of these games.

While I'll admit R/S/E were flawed, not due to water, but due to how they were heavily-centred on legends, please, don't be hippocritical whilst you're all rabbiting on about GSC, guys.

:)

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    The main plot of Crystal was still the defeat of Team Rocket, Suicine was just a sub-plot.

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
    Years
  • The main plot of Crystal was still the defeat of Team Rocket, Suicine was just a sub-plot.

Well, even in R/S/E is the same thing, since they are only in the last mission against team magma/aqua...for me both the game were beautiful in the same ways, even if they were different in the continent structure and in evil team plans.

Years
  • Well, actually, the reason why I liked RSE over GSC was that it kind of took what GSC started [mythology of Legendary Pokemon in the form of the three Pokemon that died and were resurrected by Ho-oh in the Burned Tower] and expanded it greatly to where it took on a huge part of the game. This is further expanded upon in DPPt, and..yeah.
    So, basically, I actually liked that Crystal did this.. XD

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • The main plot of Crystal was still the defeat of Team Rocket, Suicine was just a sub-plot.
    i agree with this. When i play pokemon i see that the main plot is to defeat the evil team and the elite four as they take up most of the story in the pokemon game. the evil team used the legendaries in rse so i see it is as the main plot. I found that the suicune event was a minor plot that didn't really amount to much.

Years
  • So, people are blaming R/S/E?

I think that D/P/Pt are more to be blamed on such if any of the games.

I mean, it's practically the exact same plot- a team obsessed with there being more of some form of mass (and DPPt space) goes and tries to use the power of legendary pokemon.

AND, DPPt has a LOT of legendaries.

RSE has what, like, five?

Lets see...

3 mascots, + Deoxys and Jirachi, which were unobtainable outside of events.

Back