• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"It's a boy! I'll call him...Accident!"

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
  • Do you think about the names of any future children you might have often?: Not a whole lot.
    Do you have favorite names that you want to give children, or are too indecisive?: If it's a girl I do have a list of names I'd prefer (Lisa, Ashley, Kimberly) but overall I'm pretty flexible as long as the name isn't too stupid-sounding.
    Do you think that you will take what's popular into consideration when you have children?: Most likely not.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • It's well documented that I hate children and will not be having any lol (and I discourage others from doing it as well, we just reached 7 billion THAT'S ENOUGH!), but before I came to this realisation, there was a point where I formulated baby names. I decided on William (Will) for a boy and Lily for a girl.

Since then though, I've decided I also really like relaxed names for guys. Nick, Jake, Tyler etc. I still think I'd go with Will for the firstborn though.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen yesterday
    I think if I had a daughter I'd like to name her Cecilia. Always thought that name was beautiful. Never had any names in mind for a boy (not that I'd be less keen to have a son than a daughter) Personally, though, I think I'll end up picking whatever name seems to suit the child when they're born and of course let my husband help pick since it'd be his child, too :3

As for influence of whatever's popular, I dunno. I might. I certainly wouldn't want to give a child too unusual a name but I also wouldn't want them to deal with having the same name as like 5 other kids at school.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    Do you think about the names of any future children you might have often?
    Not *OFTEN* but I have thought of about it. Not with any real conclusive results, though.

Do you have favorite names that you want to give children, or are too indecisive?
    Currently I have no name in mind. But that would change anyway depending on where I am in life, who I'm with... etcetc. I'm not just going to be some stubborn ******* who has to name my kid something, regardless of my partner's input.

Do you think that you will take what's popular into consideration when you have children?
    Probably not. I have never considered what's popular when doing anything.

On a related noted, both of my sisters are pregnant, and my cousin got his GF pregnant again. My sisters are giving themselves a hard time over what names, frustrated because they can't find the perfect one! My cousin's GF on the otherhand, had her baby EXTREMELY premature, and has named it Liam. He was born something like 2 pounds.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • Do you think about the names of any future children you might have often?
    Yup, for girls I've considered: Daphne, Quinn, Raven and Alex. For boys, Munro or Quinn.

Do you have favorite names that you want to give children, or are too indecisive?
    Yup, the ones I listed before, I've considered.

Do you think that you will take what's popular into consideration when you have children?
    Not really. I've never been into "popular" names, hence why I don't intend on calling my children Stephanie or Jessica (no offence to anybody with or considering those names).

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Yeah, sometimes. Some days I think about it the whole day.

Yeah, I would like to give them my favorite names... Although my wife should have a say too, when the time comes.

Nope.

.: Symbiosis :.

The connection of two
    Years
    Well,not really,I guess i'm too young for that. i'd like him(or her) to have a cool name, and would never torture it with an embarrassing name. If someone got offended by this,sorry.

I like names like Brian , Kyle, Kenny ,etc.

NOt really,this will only show lack of originality on my part ...

ಠ_ಠ

No
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Let me ride into the time machine and I'll ask my kids what I named them.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013

Not really, I believe that there's a lot of time to think about that, especially when I'm still unsure of whether I'll ever have any.

• Do you have favorite names that you want to give children, or are too indecisive?
    Nope. If I was going to decide on a name, though, I'd seriously discuss the matter thoroughly with my wife.

• Do you think that you will take what's popular into consideration when you have children?
    Of course not. What I should consider, though, is the naming tradition we have here, where babies usually get the name of their grandfather/grandmother.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I'd like to discuss my children's name with my future waifu, so I don't plan for names. And 'sides, I'm not that great with names. I've thought up of a few names before though. I really adore creative and wonderful names, with wonderful nicknames.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years

All of the time!

Hm, this could take a while. I have a lot of favourite names. For girls names, I have always loved Lucinda, Skye, Janessa, Lacey, Paige, Crystal, Aria or Jacinda (I know, a lot of names). For boys, I love Tyler and Jesse.

I don't think so, I like to go for the not so popular names. :3

Exzessiva

~shy trainer with a shy Ralts~
    Years
  • For me deciding the names of the kids that I will have in future is a very happy thought. :D
    I think that deciding what to name their babies is something in which both the mum and the dad should take part in.
    So I would let my husband give his opinion too. At the same time, I will also finalise a few names and the ones that we like best would be used.
    Yes >///<
    • Do you have favorite names that you want to give children, or are too indecisive?
    Actually I do have some >///<
    • Do you think that you will take what's popular into consideration when you have children?
    Not really. Definitely the names shouldn't be that old fashioned.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Do you think about the names of any future children you might have often?
    Sometimes when I hear a nice name that I reaallly really like the thought maybe crosses my mind, but other then that I'm not at all thinking about it. I'm only 17 also, so I don't think it's necessary.

I'm very indecisive, which is also a reason why I don't want to overthink it. When I have my kid when I grow up, I want to decide on what I feel on that moment. Maybe I find John a nice name right now, but then when I see my baby, I suddenly feel like he's a Jack, more than a John, if you get what I mean lol.

Not at all. I have a very VERY uncommon name, my parents didn't take hypes into consideration at all and I'm happy with that.

Years

Not often, almost never.

Totally recycling my answer from this thread, but Nicholas, Cameron or Aaron for boys, Alyssa, Madison or Nicole for girls. I'll be damned if my wife doesn't interfere and pressure me until our child is named "Benedict Clydesdale", though.

Somewhat, as all of the aforementioned names are fairly popular, I tend to like more popular names, since I'm accustomed to hearing them, I guess and most of them actually sound pretty nice. I tried not to go with any extremely popular names, that are so popular that they become somewhat dull, like John or Michael, but Nicholas is kind of borderline there.

Back