• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's Rhyme Time!

Years
Just thought of this! Let's all play the poetry game, and the rules are pretty simple:

• User A will write one sentence/stanza in their post. It can literally be about anything and everything, so make sure to be creative! If y'all wanna follow through with a storyline, be my guest as well! But let's see how crazy we can get :p
  • User B will write another sentence/stanza, but it has to be so that the end rhymes with User A's post
  • If the word is hard to rhyme, you're free to use the closest rhyme possible that you can think of (month > millionth > seventh > heaven for example)
  • Once we reach 4 stanzas with the same rhyme, the next user to post can start over with a completely new syllable to rhyme. They can also chose to keep the original rhyme, but the next 3 users should follow through before being able to change the rhyme again

Here's hoping I explained that right, here's an example!

User 1 said:
Hello, how do you do?
User 2 said:
I'm fine, how about you?
User 3 said:
Splendid as well, that statement is true!
User 4 said:
Not a single thing in this world can make me blue!
User 5 said:
How can I be blue, when today I am red?
User 6 said:
Why are you red? Why not orange instead?
User 7 said:
You guys keep talking whilst I make my bed
User 8 said:
Yes you go do that you sleepy head!

and so on!

Alrighty, I hope this doesn't get buried! Let's start it all off with:

Tis but a wonderful day!

Last edited:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
Will the mountains be as pretty?

It's recommended that each stanza ends in the syllables a, e, i, o, or u so that the next user can rhyme easier, but I'm not too strict on this really eheh]

So have an open syllable? Relying on orthography to mean sound in English is usually not the best idea. For example, "leave" ends with a consonant sound (is closed), while "through" ends with a vowel sound (is open)

Years
How I long to be clever and witty...

So have an open syllable? Relying on orthography to mean sound in English is usually not the best idea. For example, "leave" ends with a consonant sound (is closed), while "through" ends with a vowel sound (is open)

yeah true...might have to remove that rule or something. was just worried someone might use some hard-to-rhyme word like month or orange. will need to revise.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
For though beauty fades, for ever shall wits stay

Back