• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's still amazing.

srinator

It is obvious that many people in the current ou meta use lower tier pokemons. Many lower tier mons have certain niche's and do an amazing job for specified roles. Are there any lower tier mons you people use in ou? If so tell us about it in the following format

<sprite>
    Name:
    Ability:
    Ev:
    Moves:

Descriptions:

Please don't mention extremely underpowered pokemons or ou tier mons that do the mentioned job better. Writing about the things it walls, counters or strategies it can be used with is expected.

Also I will be adding good posts to the this main post later on, anyway enjoy ^^

Last edited:
    Years
  • slowbro
    regen
    252hp 240def 16spdef or something
    scald, psyshock, slack off, toxic/twave/cm/fire blast ir ur getting cute
    niche mon on (semi) stall, checks specs keldeo well etc, forms nice core with zapdos n spdef hippo

blissey
    Natural cure
    the usual
    the usual
    use this over chansey if u dislike cm goth

ill add more later

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Voltage the Manectric
    Lightning Rod
    6 HP/252 Special Attack/252 Speed
    - Thunderbolt
    - Flamethrower
    - Hidden Power Ice
    - Signal Beam

My Manectric has been such a beast and I love it. :)
    Even without the mega, I slap on a life orb and he wrecks house. He always manages to catch Garchomp users by surprise with an HP Ice for a OHKO. I even had someone send out a Hydreigon and I crippled it with a Signal Beam. Have a grass type pokemon who can resist a STAB T-bolt? Too bad! Flamethrower ruined your day! >:D lmao

Plus Manectric is the bodyguard for my Milotic. If Milotic fears a Volt Switch from Rotom-W, I switch over to Manectric for an added Sp. Atk boost and sweep even more!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Voltage the Manectric
    Lightning Rod
    6 HP/252 Special Attack/252 Speed
    - Thunderbolt
    - Flamethrower
    - Hidden Power Ice
    - Signal Beam

My Manectric has been such a beast and I love it. :)
    Even without the mega, I slap on a life orb and he wrecks house. He always manages to catch Garchomp users by surprise with an HP Ice for a OHKO. I even had someone send out a Hydreigon and I crippled it with a Signal Beam. Have a grass type pokemon who can resist a STAB T-bolt? Too bad! Flamethrower ruined your day! >:D lmao

Plus Manectric is the bodyguard for my Milotic. If Milotic fears a Volt Switch from Rotom-W, I switch over to Manectric for an added Sp. Atk boost and sweep even more!
    For the record, Manectric is an OU Pokemon.

Anyway:

Chesnaught:
    It's still amazing.

-Leech Seed
    -Spiky Shield
    -Hammer Arm
    -Wood Hammer/Spikes
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Bulletproof

Chesnaught serves as a check to Aegislash and Gengar thanks to Bulletproof blocking their main STAB moves. Chesnaught also has high enough Defense to take any of Aegislash's physical moves. It can't do much to them, though, but it also helps in walling/checking Mega Tyranitar and Mega Gyarados (Chesnaught still takes a chunk from Ice Fang and Ice Punch, though).

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    ^ Since when?

Manectric says RU in B/W Smogon, unless Mega Manectric became OU but I'm not talking about Mega Manectric.

Years
  • amoonguss
    regen
    idk the spread assumong specially defensive
    Spore, sludge bomb, giga drain, hpfire/foul play

noice mon for xy stall if u dont wanna waste ur mega on venusaur

TheKurtzinator

Professional Derp/Trainer
    Years
  • Milotic (UU)
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Marvel Scale
    Item: Leftovers or Shell Bell
    EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Spe

Scald
    Recover
    Ice Beam
    Haze

My defensive wall. Has actually won me a couple battles. I will never have a team without Haze on it now either because of this setup. Completely negates substitute sweepers.

Magneton (NU)
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Sturdy
    Item: Evolite
    EV's: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe

Thunderbolt
    Flash Cannon
    Hidden Power (Fire)
    Protect

Has come through in the clutch during my early wifi battling days. Surprises a lot of people with the hidden power fire. Also easily takes out Sylveon with STAB Flash Cannon. Also makes a great revenge killer that cannot be OHKO'd. Finally, the Evolite makes it quite hard to actually take down if no counters exist or are left on the other team.

Last edited:
    Years
  • SpDef wisp mew is pretty cool, it beats a lot of SR leads not named Deoxys and can be EVd to outspeed and get a wisp or a psychic off on breloom lead as well. It's succeptible to knock off obviously but the psychic typing isnt a total drawback, as Will-O-Wisp prevents it from being complete Aegislash bait unlike a lot of other psychics. Really the only psychic I care to use in this meta actually. This guy can do work.

srinator

Arcanine @ Life Orb
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Flare Blitz
    - Close Combat
    - Wild Charge
    - Extreme Speed

I normally tend to use a more bulky set, but arcanine has enough speed to out speed a lot of mons in the meta, plus I use it to break stall as an alternative to infernape for the extra bulk and power. Most stall teams don't have scarf users, they use specs or band on their trick mons. Mixed arcanine can handle that very well. I am not using intimidate for the fear of bisharp.

It's still amazing.

Kabutops @ Life Orb
    Ability: Swift Swim
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Adamant Nature
    - Superpower
    - Waterfall
    - Stone Edge
    - Aqua Jet

The staple of rain teams anywhere and everywhere. Kabutops jumps right from Ru to Ou after drizzle or rain dance, to be honest even without rain it can be quite destructive in terms of swords dance or choices items. It's outclassed as a spinner by exca and hence I won't mention it here

Last edited:

srinator

Manectric says RU in B/W Smogon, unless Mega Manectric became OU but I'm not talking about Mega Manectric.

If the mega is popular then so is the mon behind it, since that is what we have to use in the beginning, that's why manetric is ou

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2016
    Accelgor
    Unburden
    248 atk, 8 sp.atk, 252 speed
    Naive nature
    Focus Sash
    Moves:
    Spikes
    Encore
    Yawn
    Me first

Accelgor is a great spikes set up pokemon. Yawn either forces a switch and gets a free layer of spikes, or puts them to sleep and gets multiple layers of spikes. Focus sash ensures Accelgor survives long enough to set up spikes. If the opponent leaves in their sleeping pokemon, me first can greatly cripple the opposing pokemon, until the opponent smartens up and stops selecting offensive moves while asleep. Accelgor is without a doubt fast enough to make a succesful me first. The spread balances it's atk and sp.atk so that it can cripple special and physical attackers.

It's outclassed by skarmory because skarmory can roost and reset its sturdy, unlike Accelgor which relies on focush sash to stay alive. If you're lucky enough to come across one with its hidden ability Accelgor overall is a fast, fun, and annoying entry hazard set up pokemon.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    ^ Since when?

You said it yourself, Manectric was RU in BW. It's no longer the case now that XY is the latest generation.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    You said it yourself, Manectric was RU in BW. It's no longer the case now that XY is the latest generation.

I get it, it's OU now. I only needed to be told once. I don't check on Smogon regularly and on the normal pages where they post builds, they didn't have any XY tab yet. I wasn't aware they already made a tier list in their forums. :P

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I get it, it's OU now. I only needed to be told once. I don't check on Smogon regularly and on the normal pages where they post builds, they didn't have any XY tab yet. I wasn't aware they already made a tier list in their forums. :P
    Unless you regularly play using Pokemon Showdown!, you wouldn't really know the new tier lists. OU has been out for a few months now, and the other tiers follow suit. Also, the reason why there isn't an XY tab yet is because writing an analysis takes time. Smogon has a whole process of set approvals, grammar checks, etc. so imagine all the hard work.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    what does magneton do that magnezone dont? I mean, it has better speed, but have you ever faced anything relevant that the higher speed helped you beat?

I guess Eviolite Magneton would have better defenses? idk, you shouldn't use Magneton in OU tbh

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I've been using Furfrou in OU since before tiers were clearly established for Gen 6. To be honest, I'm a little surprised to see it sitting in NU now. That isn't to say I think it belongs in OU, 'cause it doesn't. It's certainly usable in the upper tiers, though. Not sure how good or bad it looks on paper, but it's always been a great support Pokemon on my teams. This is roughly the set I run:

It's still amazing.

Name: Furfrou
    Item: Chople Berry
    Ability: Fur Coat
    Ev: Most if not all invested into HP and Special Defense. Though some Defense is nice too, Fur Coat effectively doubles its Defense to 300+ even without investment, making it nicely bulky all around. I've experimented a bit with investing some EVs in Attack as well, which makes its Return a bit nastier when it needs to be, but either way works.
    Moves:
    - Thunder Wave
    - Roar
    - Protect
    - Return

This set is primarily for paralyzing multiple Pokemon on the opponent's team, though it fulfills a few other roles as well. The main thing about Furfrou is its surprising bulk, which most players don't seem to expect. It comfortably sponges pretty much any move that isn't either boosted or Fighting-Type, allowing it to pull off its various tricks before going out. Chople Berry gives it the freedom to take a single Fighting move, often with at least half of its HP intact. It can then proceed to paralyze and switch. You could give that up to give it Leftovers or something though, I suppose. Roar can phase out stat boosts, or shuffle the enemy team into entry hazards (which Furfrou does well thanks to its rounded bulk). Protect lets it scout for dangerous moves - I like to keep Furfrou switching in and out a lot, so this is great for helping me decide what my switch-in options are. Return is for when it's cornered, and while it won't do much to a bulky opponent it's actually pretty rough on the flimsier things it can't paralyze, like Galvantula and Thundurus. I prefer to lead with Furfrou, though this does mean it runs into trouble against Ground-Type leads and bulkier Electric-Types.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    It's still amazing.

-Gastrodon w/Leftovers
    Nature: Relaxed
    Ability: Storm Drain
    EVs: 252 HP, 248 Defense, 8 Sp.Defense
    Moves: Scald, Earthquake, Recover, Toxic

Gastrodon has been great for me.

srinator

-Gastrodon w/Leftovers
    Nature: Relaxed
    Ability: Storm Drain
    EVs: 252 HP, 248 Defense, 8 Sp.Defense
    Moves: Scald, Earthquake, Recover, Toxic

Gastrodon has been great for me.

As moxie said tell us something, I mean swagsire does better job in stall, and this is t ubers for a kyogre check. Offensively isn't swampert better? I would have mentioned dd wishcash but I couldn't stop laughing :p

Back