• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

itt harsh lessons we have learned from experience

Years
  • A lot of mine have already been mentioned so I'll go with

"Doctors don't always know what's best for you and sometimes you need to make your own decisions regarding your health instead of just going along with them."

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • In certain situations where you feel compelled to do something Drastic, the best thing you can do is to do absolutely nothing. Take a step back and relax before doing anything silly.

When something has gone horrifically and irreversibly wrong, try to put things into perspective. How can you make the best of things as they are? How can you avoid making things work? It can help to just pour words into a well hidden blog at the worst of times.

People will let you down, bother you, and not live up to standards you may want to impose on them. Come to terms with this- don't feel forced to make additional effort to "fix" things. It rarely works out.

there's three things I've sussed out with time that I wish I'd known when I was younger. ah well.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    ... *cracks knuckles*

- Everything is temporary. Don't take anything or anyone for granted.
    - High sodium diets are a no-no.
    - Brush your teeth every. single. night.
    - Be careful what you let people know about yourself. Make sure you know them well or it could come back to bite you.
    - Don't divulge your thoughts or feelings freely. Have restraint or you'll probably regret it.
    - You are not the main character in everyone else's story.
    - There's a lot more awful people than nice ones.
    - School is definitely serious business.
    - Math is also pretty annoyingly crucial.
    - Never rush relationships.
    - Don't trust word of mouth or hearsay. Do the research because it will always surprise you.
    - The only thing you will truly have in life is yourself.
    - If you don't drink alcohol often, eat something substantial before downing any. Your stomach will be thankful and you won't wish for death later.
    - That warning on bleach about ventilation is true stuff.
    - If you're a minor, don't ever date an adult.
    - Staying up all night and then going to school is always a bad idea, no matter how good it seems at 3 am.
    - Nursing is a thankless job.

There's more but I'll leave it at this.

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    I've learned that helping out your besties always takes some of yourself. Sometimes more than usual. But, they're your bestie, so you will do what's right to take care of them and take whatever comes at you. Because, you did the right thing and you're looking out for them.

Oh, and losing friends is still always a harsh lesson to me. It basically feels like you've done something wrong at some point to lose the relationship.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2019
    Nobody will stay with you forever except yourself.
    The growing of personality is always connected with pain.
    The running from responsibility creates on the end more problems than in the start.
    It's good to be a child but only in the constructive ways.
    Don't be scared at least to try smth new.
    The memories of past can ruin your future.

Back