• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
  • Hello. I'm Vincent :D

I just watched Fortune Arterial, episode 6, and oh my god, it was horrible! I didn't mind the first couple of episodes being generic and ludicrous in a way, but after the recent episode, I decided to drop it 'hard'; it was a disaster. The anime seems to be/IS destroying itself and thwarting anything "bearable" in this sorry-excuse of an anime. That may just be my opinion, but this is one anime I erased from my watching-list.

Well, that's a shame. I actually like the character designs from what I've seen, but I've held off on watching it because vampire anime isn't my thing. I was thinking of giving it a try but...

Oh well, I suppose that's one less show I have to watch and keep up with.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2012

Well, that's a shame. I actually like the character designs from what I've seen, but I've held off on watching it because vampire anime isn't my thing. I was thinking of giving it a try but...

Oh well, I suppose that's one less show I have to watch and keep up with.

Well, to be fair, the character designs were well done, and overall, the art is very good. You could always try it. :D I might be wrong, and you may actually like it, lol.

I am watching Nyan Koi now, something I planned to watch when it was airing and totally forgot about it until my friend downloaded the anime for me. It's going great for your typical harem anime. :D

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I guess I could give it a shot; after all my tastes in anime do tend to be a bit different from most other otaku. Besides if it doesn't pan out, what's a few hours compared to the many hours of my life I've already devoted to anime watching xD

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • Have fun on your journey. That is another anime i have ready to go but i'm not awake enough to watch a serious anime today. Hayate for teh wins.

Oh, it's... really not that serious.

"What?! That guy just... Why did he just hand over his pants? That's nuts!"

Yeah, it's a very, serious and gritty show. :P

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Ah, i was misinformed on that anime it seems. Oh wells.

My mood changed from this morning anyway, i'm reading Deadman Wonderland atm. It's pretty damn awesome, if not a little too gory.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • Ah, i was misinformed on that anime it seems. Oh wells.

My mood changed from this morning anyway, i'm reading Deadman Wonderland atm. It's pretty damn awesome, if not a little too gory.
    Well, it seems fairly serious (Episode 2 ended with a policeman sniping two civilians), but, I'm watching it alongside my third rewatch of Geass, so...

It'd peg it as fairly serious, but not on GitS or Geass levels.

Yet. I've only seen two episodes, mind you.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Just as i'm starting to lose interest in Hayate it comes along with a brilliant episode...

J-E Discussion

Fight the power.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Wow, CureCom is impressing me lately. Same week they release episodes 11 and 12 of Fresh! PreCure, they release 13 and 14. And in ep. 14 the Labyrinth villains get hands on with battling Pretty Cure instead of sending their monsters to do their dirty work :P

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2012
    Star Driver is actually onto something now; episode 7, I know I am as surprised as most of you, was very good. I'm really anticipating the next episode, and from the short preview at then end, it's looking more awesome than the last episode. :D

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    You mean Star Driver was on to something since last episode ^^;; It's half-way through the season, so I kind of expected a story to develop from before. Next episode will definitely be quite the show though.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2012
    Ah, yes. Lol. I meant from the previous episode (forgot about it); too lazy to edit.

I haven't watched anything other than Star Driver today, but I am thinking of giving RahXephon a try. Anyone here tried it?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • The new Pretty Cure Abridged is awesome as well. Gangsta Nagisa and an evil minion who's a David Bowie wannabe make for some very hilarious watching.
    Oh, and the Fresh Pretty Cure Abridged episode that's out is also awesome. And so is Fresh PreCure ep. 15 which I'm really surprised they were able to release so quickly...

And so ends another one of my Pretty Cure-themed watching updates :P

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Ah, yes. Lol. I meant from the previous episode (forgot about it); too lazy to edit.

I haven't watched anything other than Star Driver today, but I am thinking of giving RahXephon a try. Anyone here tried it?

As i recall RahXephon is really similar to Eva, but I haven't seen it first hand, our anime club is watching in their oldies lineup, so it's gotta be good in its own right.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Can't seem to marathon anything atm, really want to finish Hayate before i start anything new but can't lol.

Anyway latest chapters of R+V and Umi no Misaki were very good as were the latest Best Wishes, Oreno and Yakumo episodes.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Yosuga no Sora really is covering a lot of taboo ground. As melodramatic and horribly unbelievable as hell but wow.

Spoiler:

Yeah, wow.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Just as i'm starting to lose interest in Hayate it comes along with a brilliant episode...

-snip hamfisted mockery of Gurren Lagann-

Fight the power.
    That picture embodies everything I loathe and despise about Hayate the Combat Butler. It has no substance of its own, so it resorts to hamfisted mockery of series that are objectively superior to it in every way possible in order to compensate for its own massive deficiencies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I guess HnG would have both lovers and haters. I'll admit the comedy wasn't unique or even constant but there were a few bits that were really very good. To be honest not many people go into this anime expecting comedic genius and amazing plot lines.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Bah, HayaCon never tried to be be good, hell, the author constantly makes fun of how stupid it is, and how it wouldn't have lasted more than a volume or two of running for being a parody manga which it is. I for one give it props for being able to keep up with, and incorporate current memes into the series. Plus the fact that Nagi's getting some really good development helps with that. It may not be original, but it's definitely still enjoyable (the manga, to the very least).

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • Higurashi, eh?

Hauntingly good theme song, interesting characters, and enough plot amidst all the (very clashing, if I've heard correctly) cuteness.

To be honest, the fact that an anime that is about murder, conspiracy, torture, and similar stuffs... Well, the cuteness just makes it outright disturbing. That, and it makes it look like the show has ADHD.

But I've only seen a few episodes so far. I'm hooked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back