• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

????????? <J-Music Club>

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I didn't know this was a thing :D

I'm one of those terrible Johnny's Entertainment fan so I love Hey! Say! JUMP, Arashi, Sexy Zone, Kis-My-Ft2 and enjoy a couple of songs from KAT-TUN, NEWS, Johnny's West, V6, TOKIO etc. to name a few.

rip johnny's for potato quality on youtube but 3/5s of Sexy Zone

Recently I've been following more of the Johnny's Juniors that haven't debuted yet and preform on shows like Shounen Club such as SixTONES, Mr. King VS Mr. Prince (KinPuri), Love-Tune and HiHi Jet (because yay for rollerskating idols).

Aside from those guys, I do like listening to a few groups/singers who do anime OPs/EDs like Goose House , GRANRODEO, Hello Sleepwalkers etc. but I'll normally like them for that particular song for a specific anime I've heard them from. I also like to listen to several youtaites and youtaite groups with whatever songs they cover - since a friend of mine is one. I used to like a band called Cocoa Otoko back in the day, but they've been disbanded for a few years now :(

But yes, kinda obvious, but I'll be going for Team White because male im in it for the male idol groups xD.

Can't quite remember what was my first japanese song was, but it was either the Japanese opening to the Shaman King anime or Love so Sweet by Arashi.

Years
    Oh, a Johnny's fan? My knowledge of those groups is pretty poor aside from their names. Would be interesting to see what take someone who is a fan has on them.

My favorite artist right now is a band called Sakanaction. Unfortunately almost all of their music videos aren't available on youtube anymore, but there's this one still there:

They do a mix of styles, rock, pop, new wave, electronic, and so on. I highly recommend them to everyone.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I'm one of those terrible Johnny's Entertainment fan so I love Hey! Say! JUMP, Arashi, Sexy Zone, Kis-My-Ft2 and enjoy a couple of songs from KAT-TUN, NEWS, Johnny's West, V6, TOKIO etc. to name a few.

Omg I forgot about Arashi! I must listen to him again this week! :o
    V6 is just a good boys band XD
    Have to listen to Hey! Say! JUMP again! ^_^

I had my music on our old computer but I lost it all. I still listen to the one I loved more, but there are so many song I could never have again I think.

I have a question for you guys!

- What are some bands/signer you wish had a bigger/longuer career? I mean, the one you wish they would make more music?

For me, It's obviously Onmyouza, but I would love to see new stuff from Aural Vampire!

Radix

it's always time to drink.
    Years
    Joining.

Voting Team Red for Camellia ft. reol - 水底游歩道

First Japanese song was probably some random nursery rhyme.

Years
    I have a question for you guys!

- What are some bands/signer you wish had a bigger/longuer career? I mean, the one you wish they would make more music?

Well, Hide from X Japan not dying would have been nice.

I do wish some artists did't take long hiatuses like Utada Hikaru did, or Ayaka. I mean, I get why you'd need to, or want to, what with the hectic schedules some of them have. Same with bands that split up for a while, work on side projects that may or may not be good, then get back together only to release like one single and maybe a single collection or best-of album. The Brilliant Green did that, which is kinda sad for me.

Joining.

Voting Team Red for Camellia ft. reol - 水底游歩道

First Japanese song was probably some random nursery rhyme.

Hi, welcome! That is some niche reference of an artist. I'm guessing you like the more electronic side of music maybe?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Kusumi Koharu doing more solo stuff would be absolutely lovely for me. She hasn't had a single since 2009 then again she's currently in Dream Morning Musume.

Radix

it's always time to drink.
    Years
    I loved Japanese Music AND Edm and never fund something that really mixed both of them well. Do you have something to recommend me?

1. Reol - Gokusaishiki
    2. anything by ShibayanRecords if you like vocals.
    3. Camellia - Planet//Shaper
    4. Taishi - Inside Blue Inside
    5. Akira Complex - The Synthesis Collective
    6. anything by Jerico's Law if you like trippy/experimental stuff.

You can find them all on https://dojin.co/. The site is pretty much entirely Japanese EDM.

Years
    Hello, neglected thread. I have a question for y'all. I'm assuming that no one here is fluent in Japanese so how does your experience listing to the music differ from when you listen to music whose lyrics you understand?

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I don't listen t lyrics really. I don't really see the point. I loved many songs with stupid/ridiculous lyrics and at the end it doesn't really matter.
    If the voice feel alright in the song, I like it.
    Oh and I love the Japanese language and honestly it's kinda a turn on, not in a sexual way but in a way that my body got a feeling I don't have with other language. We all have an accent we like more than others, and Japanese sounds so great in my ears. I don't really listen to music in other language than english/japanese.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
    know this guy?
    Spoiler:

he is sexy/talented as fak​

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    Hummm I really like the style of this artist :3

I have to listen to him! What genre is he?

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
    Ohai, I'm Dracowyn (or Drake you can choose however you want to call me). And I'd like to join.
    I started listening to Japanese music shortly after I started playing the Touhou games (back in 2008-2009), since there are tons of arranges from those games. Before that, I barely listened to any music, so it really got me into music itself.

My favorite Japanese groups are Foreground Eclipse (they sadly disbanded several years ago), Yousei Teikoku, Kishida Kyoudan & the Akeboshi Rockets and Undead Corporation. I'm more a fan of rock and metal (with power metal being my favorite subgenre).

The very first Japanese song I heard was an arrange of U.N. Owen Was Her. This one specifically. But it was another vid without a fancy clip or subs, its probably been taken down though.

I don't mind that I don't understand the lyrics. English isn't my native tongue either. And while I do understand it, I actually rarely listen to the text of English songs. Besides I often heard English songs before I knew the language cause 80% of the stuff on the radio here is in English.

Also, I'd like to be in Team Red
    I don't mind male vocals though. Or male screams in the background for the more heavy tracks.

Years
    Hi, welcome to the club. Thanks for coming.

If you like power metal may I suggest Light Bringer:

Spoiler:

Or a collaborative effort called DOLL$BOXX from that group's singer with the band Gacharic Spin:

Spoiler:

They are more a mix of power pop and metal though so might not be to your tastes.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    (back in 2008-2009), since there are tons of arranges from those games. Before that, I barely listened to any music, so it really got me into music itself.

This part looks like my story!

If I canask a question, d you have any favorite album? If yu can choose only ONE album??
    Mine is "Kiss" From L'arc-en-ciel. It's been many years since I listen to this album. There is so many good songs <3

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
    That's a pretty hard question. I think it'd be a tie between Pax Vesania and Hades: The End both by Yousei Teikoku as far as entire albums go.
    Or maybe I'd go with Hack/Slash from Kishida Kyoudan. It's so hard to choose. Yeah let's go with that one.
    (And yay another Touhou fan. A lot of people on this forum seem to respond negatively to the series, no idea why)

Last edited:
    Years
    So I have a few things I'm curious about. Mostly I'm wondering if anyone's experiences with the music has helped broaden their music tastes in general, that is, have you looked into music in more languages or tried out genres of music you didn't listen to before? That sort of thing. Because I think it has a little bit for me, though it's hard to find quality music outside of certain languages.

Back