• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

????????? <J-Music Club>

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2016
    I'm definitely going to be Team White, with my tastes pandering to the following:

Female:
    Ayumi Hamasaki

Male:
    Man with a Mission
    L'Arc en Ciel
    Aqua Timez
    Novela/Scheherazade

They're really old, but I DEFINITELY recommend Novela/Scheherazade to anyone in this group. They're a Japanese prog-rock band which formed in the 80s and they're fantastic.

Hi! (:

I love the song Alones from Aqua Timez lol it was one of openings that really stood out from Bleach :P

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Hummmm so nice to finally see some people naming music that I know! Even if I haven't listen to them since a long time, for some of them.

Ahh L'arc en Ciel, I feel so nostalgic hearing that name. I haven't listened to them in ages and now I wanna go back and listen to everything by them.

This band is simply one of the best for me <3 the album Kiss is probably the CD I've listen the most in my entire life.

I'm definitely going to be Team White, with my tastes pandering to the following:

Female:
    Ayumi Hamasaki

Male:
    Man with a Mission
    L'Arc en Ciel
    Aqua Timez
    Novela/Scheherazade
    We have some common tast here! I forgot about the existence of Aqua Timez lol. I need to listen again!

Years
  • This band is simply one of the best for me <3 the album Kiss is probably the CD I've listen the most in my entire life.

Interesting. I always gravitate toward their 90s music like Ark and Heart and Ray. I've probably only listened to their more recent stuff a handful of times. Guess it's all about what hooks you in the first place. It'll always feel like "coming home" to listen to it.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Joining! Team Red! :D

GUYS MY QUEEN UTADA HIKARU is releasing a new album Sept. 28th go pre-order it I'm still shaking tbh.

I also love JASMINE, Crystal Kay, Perfume, Mami Kawada, and binaria.

I'm not a fan of male singers/groups but I do enjoy Larcenciel.

Hikki has me shook!

I'm so happy to see someone else who likes JASMINE. I'm really hoping she releases something soon!

Years
  • Hikki has me shook!

I'm so happy to see someone else who likes JASMINE. I'm really hoping she releases something soon!

Yaaaaas the countdown is shrinking I'm so asdfgffsghjewadaaaaaa~

And yes I love Jasmine! Her Gold album is so good. Complexxx has a few good tracks but I just loooove her rnb stuff. I still need to listen to the Jas Vegas album thing though.

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I'd like to bump this and see if anyone has listened to Hikki's long awaited comeback album!

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Who's Hikkki? Never heard of this.

But I did renew with Dir en grey this month <3 I wish I can rememebr all the old songs I used to listen to. Not that Dir en grey is one I forgot, I never forgot this one. I just didn't listen to this band for a while.

I found some 8tracks playlist with only 2000's J-pop/J-rock, or anime opening from the 80s.

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Who's Hikkki? Never heard of this.

But I did renew with Dir en grey this month <3 I wish I can rememebr all the old songs I used to listen to. Not that Dir en grey is one I forgot, I never forgot this one. I just didn't listen to this band for a while.

I found some 8tracks playlist with only 2000's J-pop/J-rock, or anime opening from the 80s.

Hikki is the nickname of Utada Hikaru.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Hikki is the nickname of Utada Hikaru.

Ahh thanks!

Well as much as I respect her, she is talented, but I don't really listen to female signer except Do as infinity, namie amuro before her americanization, Olivia,...

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Ahh thanks!

Well as much as I respect her, she is talented, but I don't really listen to female signer except Do as infinity, namie amuro before her americanization, Olivia,...

I'm just a bit excited. It's been 8 years since her last studio album. Ugh don't get me started on Namie.....

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I'm just a bit excited. It's been 8 years since her last studio album.

Is it good? I might try. My tast chhanged over the years too.

Ugh don't get me started on Namie.....

Omg I know right?? I used to LOVE her! She was oe of the first J-Music I listen to. But now... what is that? In english? sexual content? the overly pop??? There is only ONE new song I listen from her. and I like it. but the other songs.... nooooope.

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Is it good? I might try. My tast chhanged over the years too.

Omg I know right?? I used to LOVE her! She was oe of the first J-Music I listen to. But now... what is that? In english? sexual content? the overly pop??? There is only ONE new song I listen from her. and I like it. but the other songs.... nooooope.

It's gotten many outstanding reviews. I've seen mostly 9.5/10! I will say the first track feels like a connective song in a way back to 2008 when she released Heart Station. It definitely has that sort of feel to it.

I love Namie, but the direction she's taking is a bit jarring D:
    I mean don't get me wrong, I love EDM and FEEL was amazing, I would like to see her do something more like Uncontrolled, hell, maybe even Queen of Hip-Pop. Just something that's not mainly geared toward being too Americanized.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I love Namie, but the direction she's taking is a bit jarring D:
    I mean don't get me wrong, I love EDM and FEEL was amazing, I would like to see her do something more like Uncontrolled, hell, maybe even Queen of Hip-Pop. Just something that's not mainly geared toward being too Americanized.

I love EDM too, but maybe what's bugging me is that I feel like she's losing the japanese vibe of her stuff, and that's what I loved at first. I love EDM but I don't think this is the kind of EDM I like...

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I love EDM too, but maybe what's bugging me is that I feel like she's losing the japanese vibe of her stuff, and that's what I loved at first. I love EDM but I don't think this is the kind of EDM I like...

I really didn't like _genic at first but with a few more listens, it started to grow on me. She still manages to get sales, so I suppose she can keep doing what she does. Even at that point, album sales aren't even important. She racks up the big bucks doing tours.

Back