• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

James Cameron's "Avatar"

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Have you seen the new 2009 movie Avatar?
    You're missing a lot if you haven't. I just watched it, and it was spectacular!
    I love the story and concept. How a person uses a machine that switches him into another body, or avatar. Also, the 3-D experience was excellent as well. A major improvement from the old red-and-blue glasses.
    Seriously now, unless you're too young to see an epic film like this, you have at least got to watch it when it's released on DVD.

For all those who have seen it, please let me know what you think.

You know, to be honest, it sort of reminds me of the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series.
    Know what I mean?

Last edited:

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    Red and blue glasses haven't been used in 3D films for a long time, so it's not like this was anything special because of that.

Anyway, yes it was awesome. I thought the ideas were really cool, but the plot of course could have used some tune up. It was definitely worth the money for the ticket.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    I think I knew about the new glasses for a while. This was the first time I experienced it though.

©ereal Killer

Illusions or Real Illusions ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    The CGI is total win!! Beats the earth out of 2012 D:

And yes, i do agree that the plot could be better...

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    I was supposed to go with some friends last night... I ditched:( I'm sure I will heae about how spectacular it was today.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    iWrestledACatOnce said:

With a $300 million budget, if I rremember correctly, the CGI better have been good. Too bad it probably won't make that much of a profit because of that.

Last edited:

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Amazing film, I thought it was very good. Breakthrough in technology for movies. The plot isn't anything new but I still liked it. The world was amazing, I fell in love with Pandora.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years

And yes, i do agree that the plot could be better...

2012 kinda already beat the earth out of itself if you know what I mean ;D

Regarding the movie, will probably see it over the next few weeks.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    It's fantastic. Maybe it was because i watched it in 3D, but the way in which the world of Pandora was presented, both visually and through the narrative, it was really brought to life and gave me a strange sad feeling that I can't actually visit the place and be among those people. Neytiri was an awesome character too.

One of the best new films I've seen in many a year.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'm dying to see it. I've only heard good things, especially about the amazing CGI.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    I saw it at the IMAX and you don't wear red & blue glasses. You wear a different kind and the 3D was so awesome - you would have to see it to know what I mean.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    The effects were fantastic. Really - it wasn't the kind of 3D where random things jumped out of you. It was real 3D.

But the thing is, my friends and I could positively not stop laughing. The script was ridiculously cheesy. I had a major plot point figured out way beforehand. It was just so predictable.

But I will say the concept was fantastic. The story was great, it's just that the dialogue was just... eh. I couldn't take it seriously. If it weren't for the great effects, I would not have enjoyed it all. But, oddly, the effects made up for the script. So I consider it money well spent. ^^

Years
    Seriously now, unless you're too young to see an epic film like this, you have at least got to watch it when it's released on DVD.
    I hope you're kidding. Are you seriously suggesting people watch this movie in such an outdated format?

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    I really want to see this movie. Unfortunately, around the holidays I never have time to do ANYTHING D= So hopefully I'll get to go see it this Thursday. =] Really excited about it.

Haruka of Hoenn

Rolling writer
    Years
    I saw it on Christmas Day with my parents. The theater was packed, and we had to sit separately. The movie was in 3-D, which usually makes me dizzy. During the high-shots I had to cover my eyes for a moment, but other than that, it was fantastic. The idea was very interesting, though I wasn't really surprised at the ending. In all, it was a good movie.

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    the plot's been done before, so that didn't really catch my attn. mostly it was the CGI and 3D that had me kept saying wow! visually breath-taking. a lot of african tribe references for a movie about an alien world :T

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2010
    I haven't watched it yet. My theater doesn't do 3d, however, so I'll have to miss out on that.

Back