• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Japanese version of B2/W2

Years
  • I won't get the Japanese version, just because I can't understand it. It's rather pointless to have a game I can't understand.

However, I haven't even gotten Black and/or White yet... so I feel like I should probably buy one of those first. ;)

Maybe.

Crescend

Breeder
    Years
  • I really wanted the japanese black 2 to further practice my japanese but I only own a 3DS so I'm screwed :< I think I might just find a japanese SS instead to console myself..

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I'll be playing Japanese version for sure. (Of course on emulator)
    Since the release of HG/SS I've been trying to play the main games in Japanese before their US release so I'll continue with this :D

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    What i love about pokemon is that its main game mechanics always stay the same. When i imported white i felt kinda like i wouldnt enjoy it but i found a english walkthru on pokebeach and i had a blast. One of the benefits of having a Japanese copy is you all wifi downloads sooner than you would with the US, there are even some the US doesn't get.
    Remember the Dream world Cafe? we couldnt get it the states but because i had the japanese DW i got some awesome pokemon.
    Lol so to answer your question pokemon black 2 is already preordered and paid for, and it should come around Wednesday since i used the 1-2 day delivery option.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Good luck playing that once your DS Lite breaks down and you replace it with a DSi/3DS. :P

Oh yes, region locking. Most horrible thing Nintendo could ever think of. (Thankfully, the English versions of Black/White evaded said locking.)

Lol true , I thought of that. My ds lite is only about 2 years old. And I do have a 3ds. But then of course I'm gonna import a Japanese 3ds for future games lol

Haseyo

쏘쿨
    Years
  • Previous generations I didn't care for the story because it was very, very simple.

Bad guys are here, beat them up, they go away, beat E4.

Ever since Gen IV, the story has been getting pretty intense, such as trying to destroy the world to create a new one through twisting dimensions. I love BW's story. But, the main reason I play Pokemon is for the gameplay, so it won't stop me one bit.

Now, if were a game like Persona, Tales of, or Final Fantasy (except Type-0), then I'd totally wait for an English versions.

Years
  • Probably not. The only time I ever got a Japanese Pokemon game was Pearl during D/P's release in Japan, but that was because it was the first time I was actually keeping up with the news on the games from the beginning so it made me a lot more anxious. I have more patience now so I'm in no rush to play - besides, I'd like to actually be able to understand the game. XD;

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • I'm... very very tempted, but unfortunately, I just don't have the money to do so, sadly... so I'll be waiting for the European release and purchasing both copies. Thankfully, its only a matter of a few months, unlike what it used to be like, so I'm honestly not as inclined to buy it, as I was White, but on top of it all is the fact that I don't have a Japanese 3DS.

As everyone knows, there's some extras on the 3DS for BW2, and when I get a game, I like to play every aspect of it-- even if it is just a little extra on the side. So this time, I'll stick with when they're released over here.

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
    Years
  • I'll be playing the Japanese version. I find it fun guessing where to go.

All items have pictures now, so I'll know what each item is.
    I clearly know what each Pokemon is.
    I can distinguish any move by the PP / base power / type it is.
    My only trouble will be if someone wants me to fly back to a town...and I won't have any idea. Like said above, someone will translate all the basics mad fast because all moves and Pokemon and stuff are exactly the same.

I'll also be doing a Let's Play of it, so you can watch me struggle if you want, haha.
    I've played tons of Japanese Wii / PSP games, and I've managed to get around in those.

Heh, Im the same way. I look forward to your LP, for I too will be doing one.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • ^@ ~RNC~
    i was undecided too until i realized

One of my favorite things about pokemon (or any other game) is the storyline

Even though pokemons story line is repetative, i still get a kick out of watching the storyline progress and READING the non specific characters conversation

So no, i will not spend 40$ on a game I cannot understand

I wished the games were $40, I got both even though I not read Japanese either but I like know what to expect when they come out in the US and it was $135 for both.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 19, 2015
    I've never imported, primarily because I can't read/speak/comprehend Japanese. Doesn't matter anyway, what with region locking. I HAD a DSLite up until last December, when it died a horrible painful death. Poor thing's hinge snapped, on the right side, so there goes my Power light. I never even bothered trying to turn her back on. (fortunately i had just saved and shut down.) Now I'm left with my 3DS, so I couldn't play the japanese games even if i wanted to.

I'll probably watch a few early LP's, and I'll definitely be following Serebii's coverage, but that's about it until fall.

(I noticed today that Nintendo's Game Release page updated to have the new games on the sidebar, but it still only says 'Fall 2012.' Way to go, Nintendo.)

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • RUMOR

Not sure if this belongs here...but I just recieved a Tweet from Serebii that some Japanese fans have recieved their copies. Japanese forum members from 2ch will have the game in their possession....

Get ready for the tidal wave...

Years
  • I definitely will not be getting the Japanese version of White 2, just because I want to be able to understand every single bit of it. When HGSS came out, I'd gotten the Japanese ROM to play before the English versions were released, and because small things in the story were changed, it was hard to play since I couldn't understand everything. I really don't want to have to feel my way through the game, and if I ever get a 3DS I wouldn't be able to play it on it (due to the region lock, I believe?). So no, I shall just wait for the English version in a few months. It's totally going to be worth the wait :D

L.R.

▒▒▒▒▒
    Years
  • I pre-ordered my copy of Black 2 in May, I just got a message it has been shipped. I will get it in 1-4 days.
    It's the second time I'm playing a japanese game. I think gameplay is more important than the storyline, so I don't find any problems with playing a game you don't understand.

Last edited:

JadeSkittles

Gamer Girl
    Years
  • I have the rom now and want to trade my white 1 team to White 2 so I can play White 2 fresh. How far do I have to be in white 2 to trade? I guess i'll play as far as I have too and it can be a preview till I buy the english version this fall.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
    Years
  • I wished the games were $40, I got both even though I not read Japanese either but I like know what to expect when they come out in the US and it was $135 for both.

135 DOLLERS!!!! That means that they each cost >60 dollers

Uhhhh no im 15 i dont have money like that yet

Ill just have to wait till it comes to the good USA and i spend only 80$ plus tax

Back