• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [June 27] OHA SUTA REVEALS NEW POKEMON!?

Years
  • As others have probably already said, I think the blue and red rock/crystal looking pokemon might be an alternate evolution of nosepass by a new item or level up in that one cave from corocoro instead of level up in Mt. Coronet. I'm also hoping the electric tarantula is either an evolution of Ariados or an alternate evolution of Spinarak, it looks pretty cool and it's the first Electric/Bug

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • So, I'm away and information bounces in ? -_-
    It's good I got to see this ! I HAD A FEELING, I KNEW IT !!!
    => Triple Battles <=
    I just knew it ! :o :D HAHA !!!

Er-hem. IMO, some Pokemon look really ugly. Ononokusu mostly. If type combos are awesome, I might go and like them. But I guess I just need to get used to them ! ;)

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    At first when I saw the screenshots of the new designs, wasn't too big of a fan. Seeing them in action in the video on Pokebeach though, I must say I like them very much! For the most part at least, that goth one looks odd to me.

I also highly doubt that dragon-looking one in the 3 unknown named batch is anything related to Nosepass. Looks nothing like them, just uses a similar color scheme.

Triple battles is interesting, though I can't see myself playing too much of it. I was fine with double, but that doesn't go to say that I won't enjoy triple as well.

Lastly, really curious about this whole "white high-link" thing they showed with your avatar changing. I really do hope its some sort of wireless multiplayer feature, that would be so great!

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2010
    OH MA GAWD

Desukaan, Denchura, and Ononokusu look AWESOME. I want them. Rock/Ghost, Electric/Poison, and Steel/Dragon, anyone?

Storm_has_formed

"The Storm is here!!!"
    Years
  • Lastly, really curious about this whole "white high-link" thing they showed with your avatar changing. I really do hope its some sort of wireless multiplayer feature, that would be so great!
    i think it is for multiplayer. i assume the area the avatar entered when it changed is the GTS, or something new

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    i think it is for multiplayer. i assume the area the avatar entered when it changed is the GTS, or something new

Indeed, it would only make sense, as I can't see why else your avatar/character completely changes appearance. Most likely is for the GTS, maybe a completely new appearance or way of using it.

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
    Years
  • Two days, two update...they are really spoiling us...
    However, at first glance i thought that the new pokemon were ugly, but after looking better at them, I like some of them: the coffin pokemon is intriguing and I hope for a ghost/rock, the tarantula that seems have the cool combo elec/bug, the mantis pokemon remember me of a dragon (dragon/bug:)I hope).
    I don't like very much the unknown girl-pokemon, but not for the desing, that is rather intresting, but because I don't like humanoid pokemon very much.
    but more important is MISTER RESETTI AS POKEMON=TOP OF COOLNESS.

And in the end the c-gear seems very promising as it can handle wireless, wi-fi, and the new IR all at the same time in a place were seem that players can ghater in a mmorpg way(wonderful)!

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    the golden thingy is my fav, whats its name anyone?

Bamboo Basara

Pokemon Historian
    Years
  • Look at Those pokemon! PATHETIC! Game Freak Running out of ideas

lolwut

Game Freak is only now starting to get creative. Take a look at Gen I and II. Count the number of Pokemon that are real life creatures/objects with very minute changes.
    I'll give you some help; Krabby, Pidgey, Persian, Ekans, Arbok, Bellsprout, Grimer, Exeggucute, Tauros, Goldeen, Ledyba, Pineco, Remoraid, Mantine, Stantler, just to name a few. Oh, and let's not forget the ingenius Voltorb (which is a Pokeball) and it's evolved form, Electrode (which is an upside down Pokeball.)

These Pokemon are vast improvements from what Game Freak has sold us in the past.

Esmas

General
    Years
  • I love all of them. They looks so awesome. And that video... what really makes me happy is the music. Sort of sounds like R/S/E XD;

The "Dragon Axe" Pokémon is by far my favourite. Gimme one, NAO!! :D

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Look at Those pokemon! PATHETIC! Game Freak Running out of ideas
    Let me just say, you can never run out of ideas. That's humanly impossible.

While I don't like the new Pokémon (apart from this one here) I find it silly how you all are saying "They're not being creative!" "They're running out of ideas!" without looking at the big picture. They're trying something different, and while I don't like most of the results because they remind me so much of Yu-Gi-Oh cards rather than Pokémon, I respect that. We've seen Pokémon previously shown and they all have somewhat of a resemblance to Pokémon from past generations. I think you guys are comparing them too much to Pokémon from the past. Pokémon has a life of it's own after ten+ years! It's growing and becoming more involved. These Pokémon being introduced in this generation live in Isshu. If you remember, Isshu is so far away from previous regions - the Pokémon should have some outlandish qualities!

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Voltorb is one of the most creative ideas for a Pokemon. A mutated Pokeball that has gained sentiency and looks like it's about to wreak havoc on the world? Epic.

Simple Pokemon >>>> OMFG EPIC KEWL PWNAGE Pokemon. (Most of the time. There are exceptions to the rule, but I would pick the adorable Seel over the overly-busy multi-bladed Mantis thing any day of the week)

EDIT: I hope the rock thing isn't an evolution of Probopass. Probopass is far too epic as it is, anything else would ruin it.

Bamboo Basara

Pokemon Historian
    Years
  • Voltorb is one of the most creative ideas for a Pokemon. A mutated Pokeball that has gained sentiency and looks like it's about to wreak havoc on the world? Epic.

Simple Pokemon >>>> OMFG EPIC KEWL PWNAGE Pokemon. (Most of the time. There are exceptions to the rule, but I would pick the adorable Seel over the overly-busy multi-bladed Mantis thing any day of the week)

EDIT: I hope the rock thing isn't an evolution of Probopass. Probopass is far too epic as it is, anything else would ruin it.

Simple is good, I agree. Something can be too simple though, such as taking a ladybug, making it a bit bigger and calling it a Pokemon.
    I agree with you, I think the Mantis Pokemon is a bit busy, but we also have the green plasma Pokemon, the small mole, Pokabu, Chiramii, Mamepato, Meguroko, all of which are very simple.

Years
  • But yeah, there is some of my thoughts:

Ononokusu, mantis Pokemon because Scyther wasen't cool enought. (BS!)

Redspikedweirdo, mutation of baby Groudon.

Green-plasma thingy, a wood spirit from Princess Mononoke who got eaten by Slimer and then came out with it's ectoplasmic poop.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Ononokusu, mantis Pokemon because Scyther wasen't cool enought. (********!)
    How is it a mantis?
    Just because serebii calls it "Mantis-like" doesn't mean it's actually a mantis pokemon. Unless I'm missing something?

[June 27] OHA SUTA REVEALS NEW POKEMON!?

Far more like a dragon than a bug / scyther rehash.

Also, before, I thought Doryuuzu was pointless and too much work, but I did like the hole 'mask can cover its face for digging' perk. :(

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • Last edited:

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Simple is good, I agree. Something can be too simple though, such as taking a ladybug, making it a bit bigger and calling it a Pokemon.

I like Ledyba though. I think that it's just simple enough. I do like the occasional unusual Pokemon, but things like Ledyba, Pidgey and Seel make the Pokemon world feel a little more real, you could imagine them really living in an ecosystem. I could imagine a wood filled with Ledyba, Butterfree, Pidgey and Pineco. I cannot imagine Hihiraduma or Munna in any realistic setting at all. The overblown nature of some of the new Pokemon actually takes away the childish wonder of the world.

I agree with you, I think the Mantis Pokemon is a bit busy, but we also have the green plasma Pokemon,

The worst Pokemon I have ever seen. Far too busy, far too ugly, and I have no idea what it's supposed to be.

the small mole, Pokabu, Chiramii, Mamepato, Meguroko, all of which are very simple.

Meguroko's the croc, yes? Well, I like him and Pokabu. I haven't seen enough of the mole, and visually Chiramii and Mamepato are alright, but I'm not sure on them because they continue a formula that got stale in Gen II (cute rodent-y Pokemon and common Normal/Flying bird).

Maybe I was a little harsh earlier, it was a knee-jerk reaction to this latest batch. I do like some of the new Pokemon, it's just that ones like Hihiraduma and the green-plasma thing are, IMO, horrifically ugly, and the percentage that I like seems to get smaller and smaller every generation. :(

Back