• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [June 27] OHA SUTA REVEALS NEW POKEMON!?

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
    The new ones look like digimon used by an evil team. And that ghost girl just looks messed up.

Palantides

Village Idiot
    Years
    I think out of all the new ones, the only one that I don't like particularly (because it looks over drawn from the sprite), is the mantis. Most of the other ones have started to grow on me (can't make a comment on the coffin though... It just seems weird).

Hopefully some official artwork will be released, and then I could make a better judgment of them.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    I think out of all the new ones, the only one that I don't like particularly (because it looks over drawn from the sprite), is the mantis. Most of the other ones have started to grow on me (can't make a comment on the coffin though... It just seems weird).

Hopefully some official artwork will be released, and then I could make a better judgment of them.

There is no mantis. Only a Germ, Emo, Rock monster, Axe lizard, Mole, Tarantula and Sarcophagus.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    There is no mantis. Only a Germ, Emo, Rock monster, Axe lizard, Mole, Tarantula and Sarcophagus.
    I've known lots of people who consider Dragon-Axe a mantis. So Palantides isn't wrong to consider that Pokemon a mantis. The picture is kind of blurry, so it's difficult to say for sure what Dragon-Axe looks like/is based on.

I'm hoping for some official art work soon. So we can actually see what the Pokemon look like instead of the pixelated moving sprites in pictures. And some of the Pokemon from the front, like Sarcophagus.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    Personally i like the 2 at the top battle picture. The green dinosaur is awesome but i am not gonna make any final calls tell i see some good pics.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    If an unclear image of something that looks to be a hulked up mantis to me makes me a crazy person... Then so be it.

[June 27] OHA SUTA REVEALS NEW POKEMON!?
    [June 27] OHA SUTA REVEALS NEW POKEMON!?

It doesnt share any features with a Mantis. The legs are different. The arms are different. The body structure is different. The face is different. Mantis's don't have tails or fangs and Ononokusu does. He has absolutely no features that are shared with a mantis.

The image is clear because its from an HD video shown on Filb.de. You can't get clearer than that.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    So, yesterday all of this came up pretty abruptly. With so much at once unexpectedly, it was a lot to look at together. Plus, the low quality wasn't helping either. :\ My first impression on these few new Pokémon weren't so good to be honest and I just thought they were really overdone. With some time though, they pretty much sunk in and I've grown to like them.

Moguryu, Doryuuzu, and Denchura (loving it being an Electric Tarantula) are my favorites of them all. The little green ghost-like Pokémon is cute I think, and the Rock-like Pokémon looks really cool. Overall, I think the Pokémon aren't too half bad. I'm just not feeling that black doll Pokémon; kind of weird in my opinion.

As for the 3-on-3 battles. Well, other than the fact things might look a bit crowded, I'm interested in seeing how this works. It'll definitely give a twist to battling, I'll give it that.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Hiiro, about the electric tarantula, it's not really confirmed yet if it's part electric or not. :(

It's still speculation.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2011
    wwwooooooooooooooooooooo new pokemon new region new LEGENDS Reshiram-Zekram can you control them probably not

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Hiiro, about the electric tarantula, it's not really confirmed yet if it's part electric or not. :(

It's still speculation.
    That is true. Guess I was getting a little ahead there for moment.

However, based on its derived name and color of the Pokémon, I'm pretty much leaning to the fact that it could possibly be a Bug/Electric Type Pokémon. Though we'll just have to wait and see. I would admit though, a Bug/Electric Type was be a pretty decent (and new) type combination.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2010
    I really like these pokemon and can see myself using these on my future team. I didn't like the earlier ones most for the reason of them being too "cutesy" for me but these seem like my kind of pokemon!

Mole Pokemon that we only saw the back of: Seems cool, but also seems like it's the kind of pokemon they'll put beady, annoying eyes on and that might stop me from picking it. But I can see me using it on repeat playthroughs just to see how it handles. It's not bad.

Mantis-Damn! Look like a Psuedo-legendary like Dragonite or Garchomp. WIll definitely be using this! Not to mention that a Psuedo-Legendary Bug-Type is a very cool idea. Being based on a Mantis, it'll no doubt have X Scissor in it's arsenal. This pokemon alone makes me want to do a Bug-Monotype run through this game already.

Drill Mole thing- A bit blurry, probably an evolution of the first mole we see and all-in-all I don't mind it. Again, not a first choice pick, but will use it eventually.

Sarcophugus-Ghost/Rock type? Seems like that, interesting combination. Probably will be an Physical attacker as opposed to Special attacker. I don't see a problem in it like most users do, it could even be a first-run choice for me. Of course that depends on the front of the thing. It doesn't seem to float though, wonder how it moves around.

Tarantula-Amazing! Probably my favorite on yet. Just it's back design has made me so excited. Definetly using it! I never liked Ariados but Spider pokemon are a great type that aren't seen often. Really like this one.

Leaf-Plasma thing-Meh, not my cup of tea but not horrible. Reminds me of Rotom, only... Leafier.

Ruby-rock-monster - One of the few I don't like much. Not into that living rock thing.

Dark-girl - Again, not my type but seems to be the kind of pokemon that deals mostly with Status Ailments, i'm betting that it's going to be useful to competive battlers.

I'm very excited about Pokemon Black and White now! Only thing I'm really iffy about is the Triple Battles, but i'll wait until I experience those to hold judgment.

Back